No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Toyota SUV/truck thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still havent been home to mess with the 80, but I have got a few small things for the tundra, a set of appropriate tires and some bed side stamp inserts, and good coat of sealant and wax on here since I have a little down time this weekend

Untitled by mrsleeve, on Flickr
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

On the Mogollon Rim after completing a canyon.

Reinforced front spindles with dual shear steering go on this week. Relocated rear shock towers and humongous rear shocks go on in about 6 weeks.

Big 10 day trip in September, to the Maze District in Canyonlands NP, will arrive in no time, so need to be ready for that.

Mogollon Rim - Sundance Canyon by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

A buddy doing the good lords work over the weekend

Reinforced Spindle with Dual Shear by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr
      My previous build (currently E30-less)
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Got off my ass a couple weeks ago and went out. Lost my wheeling friends here so it's been rough. But I'm heading out next week for a long trip to NM. Super stoked.

DSC03767 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC03771 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

In other news, I picked up a used Dometic fridge and it's been nothing but problems. Time to go back to SnoMaster and not look back....

DSC03730 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC03731 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

DSC03732 by Phillip Keefe, on Flickr

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Dometic has treated me right in the past (once, for a short period of time), but Snomaster is what two of my really serious buddies run.

I snagged an ARB because I felt like paying a ridiculous amount for a fridge. It is nice though. Very nice

ARB in Tacoma by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Comment

Yeah I still have the SnoMaster CL56 I was using previously. The thing's a tank. But this CFX3 95DZ popped up on TW for a good deal so I snagged it but it just refuses to work properly. I have both zones set to 37 degrees, and onn AC power it works fine, but on DC power, one zone drops to 15-20 degrees and the other rises to 60-70 degrees... I've troubleshot everything up to taking the thing apart and seeing what's wrong.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

More adventures.

Furnace ordered, full steel skids installed this morning. Much enjoyment.

Mogollon Rim - Again by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Took us out to two more canyons this past weekend.

They were gorgeous

Wilbur and Bear Canyons - July 4th by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Wilbur and Bear Canyons - July 4th by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Comment

Digging this setup.

Had a productive conversation with the lady while out in the woods about more storage in the back of the camper. Excited to start working on it when it cools down a bit.

More weekend camping

Horsetank Wash Canyon by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Comment

Camped with a buddy who has a Tacoma that makes mine look puny and hardly modified

7-23 weekend by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Comment

That thing looks beefy, but I wonder how it drives with those big tires and all the added weight? Are you on 31s still?
                    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                      That thing looks beefy, but I wonder how it drives with those big tires and all the added weight? Are you on 31s still?
                      The dark grey Tacoma is on 12.5" wide 35" tall tires.

I am on 10" wide 33" tall tires.

Dark grey Taco is on full LT suspension. Tuned F&R shocks, but an off the shelf set of rear leafs (for now).

I'm sitting on a high quality mid travel setup, custom rear leafs and tuned F&R shocks.

Neither one of us even notice that we have campers on the back.

Seems crazy, but it's true.

We aren't low slung rally cars, but speed offroad is of little concern. The lean is definitely noticeable, but it's only extreme on quick changes of directions, like an 'S' curve. Full loose on compression (all 8 shocks have adjustable compression clickers) is fun, but turn em all the way hard and the curves aren't anything crazy.

Our setups just eat up whoops and large bumps.

Outside of fuel economy, we both only notice the added weight and tire size when we are at freeway speeds going up steep grades. Still plenty of pep at slower speeds and more normal inclines.

Comment

I was getting at the how it would take off from a standstill on an incline for example rather than speed, but that's pretty awesome the truck seems like it's fine without a re gear on 35s.

What's your average fuel economy with your setup?

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                          I was getting at the how it would take off from a standstill on an incline for example rather than speed, but that's pretty awesome the truck seems like it's fine without a re gear on 35s.

What's your average fuel economy with your setup?
                          Trucks are regeared. From 3.90's (OEM) to 5.29's (Biggest you can get). Should have mentioned that.

I get ~18 mpg around town, 45 mph or so.

I get ~16.5 on the highway at 63-65 mph.

I get 9.8 mph at 80+ (which I never do anymore. Haha)

Comment

I saw the post Mike, what's next? Just enjoying the tacoma life? I mean I can't fault ya, I love the rig and if time isn't there for the M3 I get it.

lol just realized you posted it 4 hours ago - I just happened to be doing my every few week search
                            Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                              Camped with a buddy who has a Tacoma that makes mine look puny and hardly modified

Baja Designs LP9 light?

How are they, I thought about mount a set on my diving boards when driving across country.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                              @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
                                I saw the post Mike, what's next? Just enjoying the tacoma life? I mean I can't fault ya, I love the rig and if time isn't there for the M3 I get it.

lol just realized you posted it 4 hours ago - I just happened to be doing my every few week search
                                When I posted it I thought about you explicitly. Stumbling across it and commenting about it. Lol

It's probably priced too high, but I am in no rush. I'll see what happens over time.

Comment

Working...
                                X