No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Toyota SUV/truck thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally love the new Tacoma, Tundra, and 4 Runners. Just too rich for my blood currently. I know they drive excellent and I see a ton of them on the road. No personal experience though.
    Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

I had a 2015 4Runner loaner during my beach vacation last year. After what we did to that truck on the beach in Duck, NC, I wouldn't hesitate to buy any new Toyota. That truck was a beast.

Doesn't help with the 5-speed, but I can vouch for suspension/4wd ability and the Engine/Auto are plenty strong.

I may or may not have returned it with the smell of spilled bear and rotten squid. (It got rough out there on the beach one night, yes we had a DD.). I cleaned it up as best I could with baking soda....
      No E30 Club
      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Been really considering a new t4r for the wifes next unit. But for just a little more money I can find a mildy used early edition 200 series. decisions decisions
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
          Been really considering a new t4r for the wifes next unit. But for just a little more money I can find a mildy used early edition 200 series. decisions decisions
          I thought you were considering a 100 for her?

Not that I'm biased or anything now.
          Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

My work just picked up a new Tacoma that I was looking at the other day. I noticed that there was only one pipe coming off the head on the exhaust side. Upon looking it up, it seems toyota integrated the manifold into the heads. Strange right?!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
            Transaction feedback
            - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
              My work just picked up a new Tacoma that I was looking at the other day. I noticed that there was only one pipe coming off the head on the exhaust side. Upon looking it up, it seems toyota integrated the manifold into the heads. Strange right?!
              Dude, look at the back of a 5vz-fe. It's weird as hell.
              Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
              Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
              Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
                I personally love the new Tacoma, Tundra, and 4 Runners. Just too rich for my blood currently. I know they drive excellent and I see a ton of them on the road. No personal experience though.
                We just bought a highlander to haul the kids around in ... It rides really nice. Previously we had the Sequoia and it also was good, but gas mileage was poop.
                Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

I thought you were considering a 100 for her?

Not that I'm biased or anything now.
                  Yeah been looking for a late 100, An early 200 or a new T4R. She likes the tahoe/yukon but hates parking it and driving it around town in tourist season. So the T4R is much easier to park and so on, and the LC are not a ton smaller but closer to the size and handling shes comfortable with as is now. Its not something we are really pressed with though.
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

Interesting read I came across. In my search for knowledge.

“An overland vehicle is not perfect when you have added the last possible modification, but when you have taken the last possible modification away. ” –our adaptation of Antoine de Saint-Exupery's famous quoteAfter a few trips around the world and crossing all seven continents, these

Kind of reinforces what I was thinking. A good set of 265's, mild 2" quality suspension lift, and recovery equipment to start my build. After a while I'll toss in some lockers front and rear. The more i think about it the more I want this rig to be something I can throw my family in and drive across country while getting off the beaten path whenever possible, without worrying about getting stranded in the middle of nowhere.

On that note, I definitely want to add a second battery in there. How do you guys do it? I was thinking have a very basic setup with a simple knife switch so I can isolate it from the circuit when we setup camp. Basically an emergency backup in case we run the primary dry. I would need both on a switch at this point to eliminate the load of a dead battery when trying to start.

Thoughts? If I'm missing something let me know.
                    No E30 Club
                    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

most guys use a marine grade transfer switch to isolate the aux battery. There are digital set ups that are not too costly that will allow you to monitor, link and isolate the batteries from in the cab as you see fit...

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                        not all that strange my mom's 2012 civic has it that way too. Basically it'll cause the care to warm up faster getting into closed loop faster for better idle AFR. I'm sure there is other reasons for it as well, but I think it is cool
                        -Dee
                        5-lugged turbo 318is Barn car
                        IG: @deebelmont

Comment

one of my out an about's from a couple weeks ago

IMG_8915 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                            IMG_8915 by mrsleeve, on Flickr
                            Do like. I think I need one of these in my life.
                            Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

agreed.

Comment

Unfortunately the Tacoma still has a dinky engine. The Tundra barely gets it done with its.....

Comment

Working...
                                X