OFFICIAL: Toyota SUV/truck thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
    Honestly that thing looks clean as hell! Doesn't look like much cargo capacity but I imagine it's no worse than a Jeep.

Let's see what this thing can do! 86 mile tow to deliver the car. (Extra$100 to do so, dolly cost$50.)

4runners will tow anything, slowly. But they will do it.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
    Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
    Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
      Ok Mr.Consumer Reports I wont.

I think its crazy they labeled it as dangerous when it had second highest static stability, only behind the wrangler.

Meanwhile the Ford Explorer rolls if you look at it funny on the freeway.
      I didnt mean side ways I meant over backwards Short wheel base + steep rough trail can mean light or no contact on the front...

In West Virginia a couple years back we had an inspector that had one of those things that was mildly built, had about 2k worth of comm gear in it (cell boosters, HAM, etc...) and a few modern type creature comfort mods. LOL more than once I watched him get the front wheels awful light going UP steep muddy hills. I meant it more as a joke, unless your going to be looking to steep rough terrain I think you will be fine

Finally got my drawer project done took a while but its done other than a little paint on the insides and couple of screws here and there.....

IMG_9612 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

IMG_9613 by mrsleeve, on Flickr
      Last edited by mrsleeve; 08-08-2016, 09:46 PM.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Doubt ill be doing more then light trails with only 30s on it. Won't be doing anything extreme either till I replace the pro comps with BFG's.

Im jelly of your large trunk space, I'm trying to imagine ways to make the spartan samurai trunk space useful with all its little holes.
        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
        willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
          4runners will tow anything, slowly. But they will do it.
          That's the truth! Took my time getting up to speed, but it had no problem holding it.

Long night too, left the house at 6am, didn't get home until midnight.
          No E30 Club
          Originally posted by MrBurgundy
          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Great work sleeve!

I still need to begin my drawer storage+bed project. I've got a stack of sketches and ideas. Access panels, plus drawers are in the plan. I'd also like to do some velcro-hold-in-place foam squares/foam bed ontop of the box, but still have access to everything quickly by moving said foam. Hence it would be easier to have not a full foam bed but sections, or access panels to the sides of the bed... Air mattress after the last few trips is kind of a drag, foam would be much more comfortable. Behind the front seats under the bed perhaps a fridge, I've seen some that aren't as tall - wider and longer instead of tall, that I think I could make work. Been doing a lot of research on overland/van builds.

Two from a week ago, off the Mogollon Rim, near Happy Jack / Long Valley. Still stock, just tires. All but the front two seats are in a spare bedroom still. :P

And there was a pretty spectacular lightning storm tonight, barely any rain...

So I grabbed my camera and took some shots at a spot not far from home:

If Lexus wanted to give me a 2016/17 LX 570 to shoot, I'd totally be ok with that.
            Last edited by DEV0 E30; 08-11-2016, 12:51 AM.
            Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

After a few months of searching I found the perfect Tacoma. A 2007 AC 4.0 v6 4x4 6 speed TRD off road. I was originally looking for a 2.7L I4 4x4 5 speed, but found this at such a good deal we couldnt pass it up. It reminds me of my old 89 hilux.

Comment

Note to self, make sure rubber cover is on positive battery terminal, and be careful when checking oil.
                No E30 Club
                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by e30saam View Post
                  After a few months of searching I found the perfect Tacoma. A 2007 AC 4.0 v6 4x4 6 speed TRD off road. I was originally looking for a 2.7L I4 4x4 5 speed, but found this at such a good deal we couldnt pass it up. It reminds me of my old 89 hilux.

Exactly what Im looking for, can you ball park what you paid?

Comment

My shitbox. Just can't make it more than a year or so without a crappy 4Runner or pickup.

Modifying craptastic trail gear bumper in order to actually tow properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

325iX Turdbo Rally/Hillclimb/Beater

Comment

Took the Zuk out in Walker Valley. Being so small it didnt have a problem squeezing through any of the gaps.

My mom still doesnt know how to horizontal video.

IMG_9418 by Wschnitz, on Flickr

IMG_9411 by Wschnitz, on Flickr

6188193237195881120-account_id=1 by Wschnitz, on Flickr
                      Last edited by Wschnitz; 08-27-2016, 06:26 PM.
                      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                      willschnitz

Comment

Found my D side R W/B had a slight amount of play in it mid part of last week. So a 20 min snug up the W/B job found all the grease washed out by diff lube so it turned into a repack of what looked like still good bearings. Though when I get the preload set up correct there is a slight rubbing sound, so All new bearings and seals ordered for both sides. In the mean time found a small rust bubble in the driver sided lower 1/4 that was not manifesting and felt solid when I fixed the other side a month ago that has turned into a HUGE hole and nightmare to try and fix even temporarily.

All I have manged to do is blow holes in the trucks sheet metal, and burn holes in my nice new FR shirt. The one chunk of replacement tin I got to stick looks like 10000% hack jobery and is held together by nothing but BB's since there is no way to grind it efficiently and have the heat so low to keep form chasing holes further up into fender well..... I am taking the day off form this thing, I dont get this flustered easy, but I spent 3 hours on 1 5"x2" piece of tin yesterday and I still have 3 more chunks to fit and glue in.......... Its been on stands since last Thursday, and I want to go hit a camp spot this week.......... AGHHHHHH
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by rcsoundn1 View Post
                          Exactly what Im looking for, can you ball park what you paid?
                          I paid $13.9k for it. It's got 105k miles and was fully serviced at a Yota dealer. P.O. Seemed to have taken care of it. He used it as his daily and not as a work truck so it's a pretty clean truck.
                          Last edited by e30saam; 09-09-2016, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Anybody rebuild 3g4r calipers?

Did a pad slap on the front. No vibrations and the rotors Mic'd out with plenty of meat left. Found a snapped off front end link though, which explains the nose diving...

So, new end links and pads. 1 piston on the left caliper is hanging up though. It compressed, and seems to function but it is causing a slight drag on that wheel for a few rotations.

I bought some lifetime warranty pads form Advance, so if it gets worse and chews them up no big loss.

Just curious if it's worth rebuilding these 4 pots or just replace them next time I change the brakes.

Also, Sleeve, I've taken your advice. Decided on an OME 2.5"/3" f/R lift with 255/85r16 tires on there. Planning on having it done and ready by first snow this year.
                            No E30 Club

Comment

NICE, I knew it would not take that long for you to come around to the dark side with it... What tire are you considering, You have a fair amount of choices to go with in that size. I really like my Cooper ST maxx's they really a very good all round tire for especially for being a supper aggressive A/T tire but not quite a full mud tire.... I had new BFG KM II's in 255/85-16 when I bought it and I could not get them to balance well, and they were STUPID NOISY and gave me lots of drivetrian vibes, I thought sure I had a pinion bearing going out on the front axle, changed to the Coopers and all gone.

As far as caliper woes, Rock auto has delco remans for like 60 bucks and Becks for 68ish on that, and I if they are like the one on my 80, rebuild kits are 20 bucks. Not worth the time to rebuild if it was me, just swap it and be done with it...

William Pitt-

Comment

Hey guys. I have a set of Old Man Emu (ARB) Hydro Charger Sport shocks that will fit Trucks and 4Runners from '86-'95. Part numbers- front 60072 rear 60065. Low miles that were all highway miles.
                                $200 shipped in the states
                                sigpic
                                "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Working...
                                X