Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cale
    replied
    Haven't posted in eons, moved onto Toyota's after e30s....some recent things from Utah trips and other fun

\

Leave a comment:

• MR E30 325is
    replied
    Day 22

GC - Sep 2023 by Michael Rickerd, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• parkerbink
    replied
    I’ll never understand how people can ignore basic maintenance.

Leave a comment:

• slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
    Ouch! Malice in the combustion palace!

I wonder how many miles/years out of replacement the belt was.
    The truck was right around 200k miles when I got it....maybe closer to 207k, I can't remember. I'd be surprised if it wasn't the original belt on it. Didn't have a replacement sticker anywhere, and they don't just blow at 100k...usually (from what I've seen) you'll get a good amount of miles over the interval before anything happens. Seen people post up doing a belt on a 2UZ over 50k miles past the due mileage.

Leave a comment:

• parkerbink
    replied
    Ouch! Malice in the combustion palace!

I wonder how many miles/years out of replacement the belt was.

Leave a comment:

• slammin.e28
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	190.9 KB ID:	10103477 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	256.4 KB
ID:	10103478 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	244.9 KB
ID:	10103479 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	10103480 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	235.2 KB
ID:	10103481

Just the highlights from the old engine. Forgot to post when I swapped the thing out back in 2020. Been going strong since.

I think the PO was doing 70mph down the interstate, although could never get a straight answer on that.

Leave a comment:

• parkerbink
    replied
    They aren’t called interference engines for nothing, one positive of the 5.7 is the timing chain.

Leave a comment:

• slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
    Sequoias are great! My mods chipped away at my 18mpg highway. 295/70/18 and the Supercharger have me at 13 in 2 wheel drive (just did 700+ Phx to L.A. and back)
    Really the only thing done to this is 285/70/17" tires. Came with them when I bought the truck and I just like the look. No lift on it, so it does rub at full lock in the front.

Just got done doing the second set of LBJs (I do them at 40k miles intervals, I'm paranoid with all the Toyota LBJ failures I see get posted in the FB groups, lol), front struts, steering rack bushings, and UBJs. Sitting at 245k miles on the chassis. The engine had like 140k when I dropped it in. I can't remember if I ever posted pics of the carnage from when the PO let the timing belt pop on the interstate...

Leave a comment:

• parkerbink
    replied
    Sequoias are great! My mods chipped away at my 18mpg highway. 295/70/18 and the Supercharger have me at 13 in 2 wheel drive (just did 700+ Phx to L.A. and back)

Leave a comment:

• slammin.e28
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	222.1 KB
ID:	10103457 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	217.6 KB
ID:	10103458 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	10103459 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	234.0 KB
ID:	10103460 Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	226.9 KB
ID:	10103461

Been enjoying the hell out of this thing. Does everything well, except get good gas mileage. Can’t get it above 13mpg highway. Otherwise best vehicle ever.
    Last edited by slammin.e28; 09-11-2023, 10:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DEV0 E30
    replied
    Dig it.

Leave a comment:

• parkerbink
    replied
    Not that anyone cares but the blue conversion is complete, soldering the leds into the HVAC panel was a PITA!

__________________​

Leave a comment:

• MR E30 325is
    replied
    Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    Devo, that LX is way better than my old TLC in the rust department so I am thinking since it didnt sell its meant to stay with me for now, so might as well make it what I really want and need, as my trips are going to much less frequent and much further to get to for the foreseeable future.

Mike, did you move down to PHX recently, if so I should have reached out I was down there working on the "chip plant" on the NW side of town for a few weeks in JAN this year, and I still owe you a beer or 2!! Got caught in the New Years day blizzard about 40 miles NE of Payson and had to turn around and go the long way down though Show Low and the Salt River Gorge ( anyone that hasn't been there should check it out) to make it to work on the 2ed lol.

Polo, Nice 80 and thats a great looking build, I think I said it a while back nice to see I am not the only 80 guy here.
    Sleeve,

I am down in Phoenix for the next little while. It would have been nice to grab a drink, next time!

That area is definitely beautiful.

Leave a comment:

• parkerbink
    replied
    Been a while, my tree has had a lot going on.

Magnuson with a 2.3" pulley SC, Dobinson 1.75 springs & shocks, 18+ cluster, & headlights.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• mrsleeve
    replied
    Devo, that LX is way better than my old TLC in the rust department so I am thinking since it didnt sell its meant to stay with me for now, so might as well make it what I really want and need, as my trips are going to much less frequent and much further to get to for the foreseeable future.

Mike, did you move down to PHX recently, if so I should have reached out I was down there working on the "chip plant" on the NW side of town for a few weeks in JAN this year, and I still owe you a beer or 2!! Got caught in the New Years day blizzard about 40 miles NE of Payson and had to turn around and go the long way down though Show Low and the Salt River Gorge ( anyone that hasn't been there should check it out) to make it to work on the 2ed lol.

Polo, Nice 80 and thats a great looking build, I think I said it a while back nice to see I am not the only 80 guy here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X