The Gaming Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
    Started to get into BF4 again now that its playable, im really enjoying it with 60hz+ servers.

Until you start getting banned from servers from being too good with Pump Shotgats......
    I absolutely hate shotguns in BF4. I don't understand how they're effective from so far away. I get picked off from crazy distances with them all the time.

Originally posted by mexocutioner View Post
    put the on the acog with slugs and snipe with the shotgun. It's so much fun and pisses people off pretty bad
    Like this fucker.
    EDIT: actually it's usually buckshot that gets me from crazy distances, not slugs

Still getting pissed off by admins booting me from servers if I start doing better than whatever clan runs the server. Probably should just start playing on dice/ea servers or something... An added benefit would be that I don't have to worry about servers with stupid "No stinger/igla" rules.
    Last edited by Northern; 03-14-2016, 04:16 PM.
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Cause Buckshot is effective to like 100yds IRL too lol.
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

Screw all your DPS and K/D ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
          I absolutely hate shotguns in BF4. I don't understand how they're effective from so far away. I get picked off from crazy distances with them all the time.

Like this fucker.
          EDIT: actually it's usually buckshot that gets me from crazy distances, not slugs

Still getting pissed off by admins booting me from servers if I start doing better than whatever clan runs the server. Probably should just start playing on dice/ea servers or something... An added benefit would be that I don't have to worry about servers with stupid "No stinger/igla" rules.
          Full choke seems to help buckshot at range too since the spread is tighter. It always said don't run choke and slug at the same time, but I did it for a while without realizing. I'm sure its bad in real life, but I saw no real difference in game.

Anyone getting into The Division now that it's out? I watched some gameplay and wasn't all that impressed, but I have friends and people at work raving about it. I was a little thrown off from how the damage output is more rpg style. I was thinking it was going to be a bit more realistic.

New Farcry looks kind of lame too, the same game again, but they took all the guns away.

Comment

Anyone else into classic games? Recently got a NES and SNES from my little brother with a few games. Been tearing it up on Donkey Kong Country 2. Pretty sweet looking game for 1994 or so.

I also have a bunch of old Gameboy Color stuff. Maybe i'm the weird one in the group....
            -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
            -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

Originally posted by mexocutioner View Post
              Full choke seems to help buckshot at range too since the spread is tighter. It always said don't run choke and slug at the same time, but I did it for a while without realizing. I'm sure its bad in real life, but I saw no real difference in game.

Anyone getting into The Division now that it's out? I watched some gameplay and wasn't all that impressed, but I have friends and people at work raving about it. I was a little thrown off from how the damage output is more rpg style. I was thinking it was going to be a bit more realistic.

New Farcry looks kind of lame too, the same game again, but they took all the guns away.
              The Division will be dead in a month, not worth picking up unless they announce a ton of free expansions imo.

Primal is a copy paste of Far Cry 4, looked like a DLC turned full game to me.

My Non Shooter gameplay is still good ;)
              willschnitz

Comment

Enjoy Sony trying to tear more money out of your wallets friends.
                willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                  Enjoy Sony trying to tear more money out of your wallets friends.

Right? Well I think open world games take the fun out of playing.. Oddly enough I think a bit too much liberty and having to level up which is time consuming makes it annoying

Comment

I was talking about PS4.5

"4k" gaming in a console. Really just the current reso's up-scaled and the ability to play 4k video.
                    willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Ohgeemee View Post
                      having to level up which is time consuming makes it annoying
                      Leveling up is just stupid when games give you harder enemies as you level up. Relatively nothing changes.

Comment

Anyone excited about Red Dead Redemption 2? I think I'm gonna get the first one just so I can play it again. Probably my favorite rockstar game for the "wild west" setting.
                        88 325i Cabrio
                        04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                        If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
                          Leveling up is just stupid when games give you harder enemies as you level up. Relatively nothing changes.

Seriously that's why I appreciate the recent games like SW battlefront.. Division is on the border but if you're at that level to handle the NPCs it'll get boring fast.. You mainly need people to game it with.. It's basically destiny but less high jumps. I still like it though

Comment

For all the people on here that play steam games. Specifically CS:GO, we should all do a competitive match. Would be kinda fun. Add me on steam, Birdy_FTW

Comment

I picked up Halo 5 since it was on sale for 30 bucks.

The campaign was pretty meh. Shitty character development out the wazoo. You'd have to have read the Halo book series to understand and know who Blue Team and Fireteam Osiris are, and I have. Yet anyone else is probably confused why there are suddenly 7 more Spartan IVs. The AI for your team is absolute crap and you can't rely on them to revive you, especially not when you're playing solo Legendary. They'll sit and look at you for a couple seconds almost every time and then they'll get shot or naded as they're reviving you, so they're useless cannon fodder, especially for Hunters, which are incredibly bullshit on Legendary. No Fuel Rod Cannon misses and every single time they turn around before you can break their armor, then they pimp slap you with a shield into a wall and you die immediately.

And the last boss fight with the Warden Eternal on Legendary difficulty is a joke. You can just avoid it by using your thrusters and Spartan Charge to hop on a ledge to get to the end of the level instead of fighting him.

Multiplayer is definitely the highlight of the game though. No stupid ordinance drops for participating and the REQ system for accessories and XP boosts is pretty nice. You can sell whatever junk REQ unlocks you get to buy more packs for better unlocks. Games play out much faster than H4 or H3. Almost like H2 levels of calamity. Vehicle control is much better. No more flipping around in a Warthog because you hit a rock just barely.
                              "Leafeon" '92 Lagunengrun 325i Vert (Daily Driver/Project)
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=366044
                              The stickers make it go faster. :nice:

Comment

Well guys, I tried, but I just can't do it anymore. Finally figured out it was my bridge that was causing massive packet loss. Replaced it the other day, and it's just gone.

I can't find any entertainment value in games anymore. I'll try again in a few months. Kind of sad, been at it since CS 1.3

Maybe I just need something new, but I'm not sure it will happen.

I miss the old days of Mechwarrior 3/4 or Tribes. Speaking of which, I'll have to install the new Tribes again.
                                No E30 Club
                                Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X