Worse than budget beater?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worse than budget beater?

have been wanting a cold air intake and found the perfect piece today at walmart. It is a stainless locking storage jar about 8" in diameter. I believe the fender is not much cooler than the engine bay and so I made a slight modification to the fender to allow cold air ducting to go through the...

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

that's not nearly as bad as budget beater. If he had it going into a snorkel it would be kinda cool.

Comment

my brother did that in his jeep with a paint can ftw
      Build Threads:
      Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Lol!
        : : 1984 318i : : PNW E30 Crew : : Sold!!
        Now becoming the R3vlimited Pro3 car
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=93780

Comment

why do people waist so much time with cold air on turbo cars? its not like the air's not going to get compressed and heat up only to be cooled by the intercooler, thats when you want the colder air
          Old and improved:

Comment

i love the header wrap on the piping. all thats gonna do is keep the heat in....

Kyle
            1988 M3, 97 840, 99 XJ
            DILLIGAF

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer8604
              i love the header wrap on the piping. all thats gonna do is keep the heat in....

i think thats the idea.
              : : 1984 318i : : PNW E30 Crew : : Sold!!
              Now becoming the R3vlimited Pro3 car
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=93780

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer8604

Kyle
                Actually..... header wrap just keeps heat transfer from occuring. If the intake charge is lower than the engine bay temps, then wrap makes sense. However, if the charge temp (from say post-compression) is higher than engine bay temps, then you're right, the header wrap is keeping all the heat in.
                San Diego BMW repair -> Jake @ www.littlecarshop.com Great guy :up:

Comment

Wal Mart mods... must be Budget Beater's cousin.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by BimmerToad
                    Actually..... header wrap just keeps heat transfer from occuring. If the intake charge is lower than the engine bay temps, then wrap makes sense. However, if the charge temp (from say post-compression) is higher than engine bay temps, then you're right, the header wrap is keeping all the heat in.
                    i was under the impression that the headerwrap keeps the heat in, it doesnt shield anything from heat..except whats on the outside of the tubing. either way, i wouldn't rep it.

kyle
                    1988 M3, 97 840, 99 XJ
                    DILLIGAF

Comment

Working...
                    X