The Force Awakens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Force Awakens

Disney and Abrams did a good job. It's funny how different, yet how similar this one was to the other movies. not gonna drop any spoilers in here. but right away within the first minute of the movie you can totally tell the difference from Lucas to Abrams. Of course when the movies were made has a lot to do with the huge difference in the over all look/feel/directing of the movie.

anyone else see it yet?

lucas sucks at dialog more than anything else imho. those last three movies were a perfect example of how you can be a control freak to such an extent that you totally fuck something up.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

I saw it last night and it really was not that good of a movie. I like what JJ Abrams does a lot, but I think part of the charm with Star Wars (and I am not a fanboy at all) franchise, even had with the prequel, is gone. The cut scenes and the styles shot with are totally different. As such, I was very disappointed.
      Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
      Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
      Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

very surprised no one is chatty about the movie o.o

Comment

Yea I thought I would be excited, and tonight my family is in MD so I could get out to see it.....

Probably just going to sit down and read a book (Earth Unaware, I'm a huge Orson Scott Card fan), then play Skyrim before passing out. Just don't feel like dropping $10 on it.

The New Independence Day will have me there I think, but probably not.
          No E30 Club
          Originally posted by MrBurgundy
          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Episode 1-3 were so bad i lost interest in anything new from the franchise
            1989 BMW 325is Lachsilber metallic 5 speed
            2007 BMW 335i KARMESINROT 6 Speed manual
            2011 BMW X5 35I

Comment

Saw it today. It was pretty much exactly what I expected it to be. Big budget movie with lots of cool stuff, but not a movie of the decade or anything like the original was.

Would I see it a second time? Meh.

Comment

I thought it was good. Spoilers...

Han dying was expected. He was supposed to during the original trilogy, but they wanted a happy ending for the movie instead of a somber one.

Obviously Rey has to be related to Luke somehow. But if she was, why were Han and Lea quiet about it?

Also... What do we call the new super weapon? I mean it's a planet so do we stick with the Death Star, Super Death Star, Halo, or what? That was pretty ridiculous how they took out like 5 Republic planets at once.
                Last edited by turge; 12-19-2015, 03:46 PM.

Comment

They played it safe. The movie was like ep. 4 & 5 combined into one super fast paced action movie that kids will love. Almost felt like a Michael Bay movie. Lots of yelling, explosions, boy meets girl fairytale. Still it was a good movie. Better than what I expected honestly. It's good to keep expectations low with sequels like this.

I feel like a kid again. Can't wait for the next one

Comment

I just was bummed when Spock died, however him being born again in the next movie was refreshing.

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
                      They played it safe. The movie was like ep. 4 & 5 combined into one super fast paced action movie that kids will love. Almost felt like a Michael Bay movie. Lots of yelling, explosions, boy meets girl fairytale. Still it was a good movie. Better than what I expected honestly. It's good to keep expectations low with sequels like this.

I feel like a kid again. Can't wait for the next one
                      Saw it Friday morning, couldn't agree more with this. Lot's of action which I thought was great.

Comment

As a life long Star Wars fan, I thought it was a huge disappointment.
                        sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
                        1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
                        1991 318is - Sold
                        1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

I don't know why anyone was worried about spoilers.. there's really not much to spoil
                          cars beep boop

Comment

So, no Jar-Jar sith lord? Lame.
                            No E30 Club
                            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                              So, no Jar-Jar sith lord? Lame.

Comment

Working...
                              X