Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visiting the USA in June, stuff to do in Raynham, MA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visiting the USA in June, stuff to do in Raynham, MA?

Hi guys.

So i'm going to be coming over the big ass lake in June, and will be spending some time in Raynham, MA with my fiance (well will be wife then) family. Now I'm just curious on what there is to do around that part of the world. I know they would plan some stuff but I'm more a do my own thing type of person, so options are always great.

I would be keen on some hiking, and outdoor stuff, I'm also really into my firearms (although from reading it sounds like this is a not gonna happen situation).

That also said I was hoping to bring back some accessories as they are cheaper that side, mostly mags though but is there a way to get "hi cap" PMags, and pistol mags?

We will be doing NY, DC, Boston, Raynham and if there is time Virginia Beach.

Raynham is close to the cape and boston, but shoot right down 95 and youre in NYC.

Western mass where Im at has the Berkshire mountains for outdoors stuff. Springfield has Smith and Wesson shooting club. Show an ID you're over 18, rent a gun and buy some ammo. Its that easy.
    Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

Originally posted by SA E30 View Post
      We will be doing NY, DC, Boston, Raynham and if there is time Virginia Beach.
      You're skipping Philly?

Comment

Kinda limited on time, we're only over for 2 weeks but hoping to push it to 3 if I can organize the leave. Hence the limited itinerary.

Is the any IDPA around? I think it would be cool to do a club shoot.

Comment

Don't blame him for skipping Philly. J/k.

I'm just outside DC, if you plan on being in the area on a friday night, there is a group of e30 guys that meet in Maryland. You would be welcome to join us. Best place in the area that I know of for firearms would be the NRA range in Northern VA. Hiking and outdoors stuff that is close I would recommend the Maryland side of Great Falls park, look for the Billy Goat trail.

Let me know if you need anything else when you are in the area.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Raynham, Massachusetts is a sleepy town with not much to do.

I'm sure your fiancee will have something to say about places to hike and stuff to do. There are a few state parks close by. Everything will be flat land and not really scenic. I guess I'm used to what the woods look like in New England.

I think Plymouth MA is a decent place to do an afternoon. It is the site of the second settlement of what is now the United States, after Jamestown, Virginia, back in 1620. There's a model town called Plimoth Plantation that simulates the experience of what it might have been like to be an early settler. I went there in elementary school back in the 1980s, so I have no idea what it's like now.

American Firearms School in Attleboro, MA is an indoor range where you can rent different guns, but I'm not sure what kind of identification they will accept.

There are a few pricey karting tracks around. There's K1 in Kingston which is electric, and in Bridgewater there's F1 Outdoors (gas, outdoors, close operations at dusk, rental karts are maybe 7 to 9 hp).

Originally posted by whysimon
            WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Let me know if you're visiting VA Beach. I could probably set up a little meet with some e30 guys.
              My Garage
              2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
              1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
              1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
              Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
                American Firearms School in Attleboro, MA is an indoor range where you can rent different guns, but I'm not sure what kind of identification they will accept.
                I brought my cousin to the range so he could shoot some guns and they had no problems with his German drivers license. MA may be different, but it was not an issue here in MD. Could also depend on the range.

Your best bet for hi cap magazines is a gun show. PA is good for them. But you can find them in all states. Just google "___ gun show." https://gunshowtrader.com/gunshows/pennsylvania/
                AWD > RWD

Comment

Thanks guys, for all the input so far. I'm not that "interested" per se in shooting the guns so much, maybe do a comp if I could but I don't think that would happen even though I am an IDPA member this side.

The guns thing, is more a guns and outdoor shop thing. I mean a 30rd PMag is about 1/3 the price there compared with here, and yes I can bring them back as they have no restrictions.

I will def speak to the guys about the e30 meets to try see if I can hook up, I will be honest it has been a while since I've been around them as life got in the way. So it would be welcome.

That said I'm also really keen to play some baseball. I played for South Africa when I was a kid. I plan on catching a game, even if it is just a little league one! I would also like to maybe play or at least hit a batting cage. It's shit I dreamed of doing when I was a kid.

Lastly we're going to be using some of the honeymoon to look at possible immigration, unfortunately it's looking a bit glum this side, and I have always dreamed of living in the states so now is the time to see if we can make it a reality... If in doubt I hear jumping the border from Mexico is quite easy... haha.

Do you guys have any other ideas of things to do while there? Maybe not such "touristy" things but we wouldn't be opposed to it. We are going to try stretch the holiday a few extra days sp we can be there for the 4th July!

Comment

Random question, but what are the legalities of say buying Hi Cap magazines in a non ban state, and taking them to a ban state? I have no intention of using them there, and they would be sealed when I leave. It is just that I am flying out of either JFK or Boston depending on where we choose to start and leave.

Comment

That's not an issue as long as they are personal use and you are not reselling them or shipping them via the post, IIRC. People buy hicap mags in PA/VA and bring them to MD all the time. They're not illegal to own, just illegal to buy.

Batting cages are all over. Won't be an issue whatsoever. I can think of at least 2 within 10 minutes of my house. As for playing a game, maybe someone's in a community league and can chime in.

I'd want to leave SA too. You know we can walk around at night by ourselves and not get murdered? Hahaha.

Non-touristy things would be just getting more off the beaten path. Hike/Kayak/Bike the local trails and waterways. Try to not eat at a chain restaurant the entire time you're here!
                      AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
                      X