No announcement yet.

Tesla...What does R3V think.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Model 3 is not a replacement for my E30 nor any other one of my IC cars, it is just a different means of transportation, an experience if you will. Paying 40K on a the ≡ just to avoid gas stations is not the point.

As far as those that live in the sticks, this car may not be the car for you. I probably wouldn't even think about it but as I live in a "city", this will make sense as far as charging areas.

COTM

Comment

How about this for all electric

All electric 70 landcruiser.... Interesting stats as well, Personally I would be far more inclined to buy something like this that is simple and I could work on myself and use for something other than a transport appliance. Obviously does not have the range I would need (especially off road) but wonder how it would haul its self with all those batteries up something like elephant hill.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
        Let me know when you can charge you batteries in 2-5 mins on nearly any street corner or in the middle of godforsaken nowhere UT @ 2am and be on your marry way
        Originally posted by decay View Post
        would it work for *you*, out in the oil fields? probably not, but your transportation needs are not representative of the majority American demographic.
        past:
        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:
        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

80% charge in 20 minutes at Supercharger stations situated across the country.

Tesla also illustrated the possibility of driving onto a platform, having the battery swapped out underneath by automated machinery for a charged one. No battery life worry, instant charge. They compared the time it takes to fueling an Audi a8. Tesla swapped 2 batteries in during the time it took to fuel the a8.

The Nissan LEAF impact study showed the harm of production was far outweighed by the emissions savings on the vehicle. And we're in early stages of production, it will only get more sustainable environmentally, cost, and functionality wise.

I've driven a Model S for a good period of time. It was a hell of a lot more fun than my M5.

I'm sold, and plan to buy a Model 3 when they're available/affordable (I chewed on it but couldn't put a deposit down now).

For those who are worried about their hobby: horses used to be a main mode of transport, now we have cars. But horses are still in use recreationally. To be honest though I'd rather do a trackday in an electric car. Cue EVWest's electric e36 m3

I guess Tesla is chewing on the idea of offering "skateboards," basically you buy the floor of a car with batteries, motor(s), suspension and brakes and put whatever body you want on it.

I'd be down for something like that. Or outfitting an e36m3 w/elec. ~$18k for the EV West kit now, but in 5 years if it's $10k for 600hp and decent range you will see one in my driveway.
          Originally posted by blunt
          can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Working...
          X