No announcement yet.

Tesla...What does R3V think.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another +1 for being ugly. the sloping roof line (not a wagon or not a sedan) thing still looks awkward, no matter how many companies use it. its the worst of both worlds! less headroom than a sedan roof, less storage than a wagon!

another +1 for terrible interior. why not put a killer LCD right in front of the driver with speed, range, light controls, etc - the normal important instruments/controls needed in any car, electric or fuel.

i don't have a problem with electric cars being thrown into the mix, they just arent the same user experience/sensory involvement that we all love. someone should mate an electric motor with a clutch and manual trans, even if it doesn't make sense.

Comment

But if they made it with a manual trans, 90% of Americans wouldn't be able to drive it.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
        Leg room is a valid point, but who really cares if they're using "outdated" headliner material? Exactly how much time do you spend looking at the headliner?
        I do, it's probably the largest surface in the interior. For $110,000 I would expect a little better material. The car felt like it should cost about half what it actually cost. The column shifter was from an entry level Mercedes. Not really complaining about that, just thought that was odd.

Comment

This has been rattling around in my sig line for a while but sums up my feelings

Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Probably no gauges cause heads up display. Im betting the car will have more autonomous features then the S has currently.

I still think it looks decent, once I got over the no front grille i Like it.
            1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
            willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
              But if they made it with a manual trans, 90% of Americans wouldn't be able to drive it.
              I dont think it even has a transmission... the motors drive the wheels directly, so thats another interesting consideration...

are the HP numbers quoted from Tesla WHP vs other manufacturers BHP?

Comment

April 7th. EM states 325K model 3 reservations!

COTM

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                  This has been rattling around in my sig line for a while but sums up my feelings
                  even a base-model tesla 3 would walk most of the cars on r3v. would it work for *you*, out in the oil fields? probably not, but your transportation needs are not representative of the majority American demographic.

20 years ago, electric cars were terrible commercial attempts, or home-brew specials with ridiculously heavy lead-acid batteries. not the case anymore.

hell, i'd watch a "spec electric" racing series. throw these things at the R-compound/stripped-interior guys. e-bikes are already making waves at Pike's and IoM; now let's do Road Atlanta with the cars.
                  past:
                  1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                  1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                  1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                  1985 323i baur
                  current:
                  1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

^
                    Let me know when you can charge you batteries in 2-5 mins on nearly any street corner or in the middle of godforsaken nowhere UT @ 2am and be on your marry way, then we have something that is a real competitor to IC.

Its not so much the oil field need as it is living in a rural location where to get to cost co can be 80 miles one way. I have worked in places where the closest walmart is an hour + away yet in a community that has services (like a gas station or 2)
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

^
                      Let me know when you can charge you batteries in 2-5 mins on nearly any street corner or in the middle of godforsaken nowhere UT @ 2am and be on your marry way, then we have something that is a real competitor to IC.
                      And it will never get to that point if we just give up on it. Right now there is no way I would buy an electric car, but battery technology will improve in time. As I said earlier, in just ten years time I think battery tech will be vastly improved, and the electric car could be giving IC cars a run for their money. Strictly for DD duties, I would actually love an electric car. As a toy, not so much.

Comment

^

It's not in godforsaken Utah yet, but give it time. This isn't a road trip car yet, but it will beat the living hell out of anything gas powered for people who spend 99% of their time in major cities (me)

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                          even a base-model tesla 3 would walk most of the cars on r3v.
                          So would a V6 Camry.

I wouldn't expect people on a board full of car enthusiasts to be excited or complementary to what just amounts to another boring, high tech transportation appliance. Sure, it's fancy and quiet and new and electric and faster than a stock E30, but the E30 is more fun.

IG @turbovarg
                          '91 318is, M20 turbo
                          [CoTM: 4-18]
                          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                          - updated 3-17

Comment

Forget faster than an e30. The P90D is faster than the new M5. All wheel drive with instant torque and HP numbers over 760 and torque over 900...this isn't a washing machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tesla...What does R3V think.

BMW Mercedes Audi Porsche are all shitting their pants right now. Dunno how they will compete with this thing

Let the doubters be doubters guys. There always is with a new technology. They'll be scratching their heads when they realize how dumb burning gasoline was all this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by pandaboo911; 04-08-2016, 02:04 AM.

Comment

2 different occasions guys that were buying cars from me worked at tesla one of the times the guy gave me a tour of the tesla factory in fremont and it was pretty cool he explained everything and they definitely take pride in their work.

The other occasion the guy took me for a drive in his company p85 and that thing accelerated like an animal im not a huge fan of electric but that thing was quick. No doubt Tesla has potential
                                88' BMW 325is - Daily

Comment

Working...
                                X