Muscle Car thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muscle Car thread

Don't know if there is / was a thread started for this topic. But i have seen several e30 owners on here with American Muscle. I have a 1972 El Camino w/355 sbc Dart 180cc heads-edlebrock rpm intake w/ holley 750 dp-all forged internals MSD igntion system w/2 step / th400 trans manual valve body 3000 stall converter B&M pro stick / custom built - balanced driveshaft / 12 bolt 4:11 posi has drag springs w/calvert 9 way adjustable rear shocks-does 12.3 @110 mph at best in the quarter +other goodies. Sold my track car 1990 e30 caged 325i to buy this ! Lets see what you have !!!
    Last edited by QUKBMER; 04-08-2016, 04:38 PM.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

I started one years ago, but it was a picture thread not ones that you own or owned.

1992 BMW 325iC
    1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
    1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Well i guess i will start this as a Owner thread then. ;)
      Last edited by QUKBMER; 04-08-2016, 04:35 PM.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Not mine, but my dad's, who is the original owner. It's an R/T with a Hemi swapped in. 4 speed. Hasn't moved in 8 years sadly.

Comment

Well I have had a few.

My first car was a 70 Dodge Dart Swinger. 318 4bbl, headers, 360 heads, small cam, 727 with 3.23 rear.

Sr. year I got a 66 Dodge Coronet 500. original 383 4bbl car. Had a 383 in it with a mild cam, headers, and 3.55 rear

Then after high school I got a 67 Coronet 400. Original 383 4bbl 4 speed car. Never finished it..

The Coronet above I sold to get a 68 Plymouth GTX. 440 automatic car that was bare bones in the option department. No pictures of it.

Soon afterwards I got this 67 Coronet R/T 440 automatic car

I traded the R/T for this 62 Impala SS. Original 327 glide car. But had a ZZ4 crate engine with the glide when I got it.

Sold the Impala to buy another Mopar. Got a 72 Dodge Demon 340. At the same time I also bought a 70 AMC AMX. The Dakota was my daily

I sold the Demon and bought a truck but sometime down the line I bought this 67 Coronet Deluxe from my buddy. It was his first car. Had a blown up 273 in it. I put a 360 with a Six Pack in it.

later on I got another 70 Swinger, this one had a built 360 and was mini tubbed.

Sold the dart and got a 67 Coronet 500, 383 4bbl automatic (no pictures)

Got rid of the Coronet and picked up a 72 Vega, Been a drag car since the mid 70's

Then I started moving into more modern muscle 80's+

85 GN

96 Firbird Formula

and later a 96 Firebird Firehawk

I currently own a 65 Chevrolet Corvair. had it for almost 8 years now. But it's more of a classic car and not really muscle..

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

Damn Jason you had a nice collection going on there lol !!!!! My first car was in 1988 a 1969 chevelle SS396 (was stolen) then i got a 1967 Ford Fairlane 500 with a 289 v8 4 bbl and that all stopped about 1992 (accident) and i haven't had another Muscle Car till now. A 24 year gap between having a Muscle Car is way to long !!!
            Last edited by QUKBMER; 04-10-2016, 09:01 AM.

Comment

I miss the power! The Corvair is a very fun car but has no plant you in the seat and hold on excitement. I'd love to get another 66 Coronet 500. Or maybe a 69-70 Dart Swinger 340.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

With the power comes respect for it as well ! I am very sure you already know that ! ;)

Comment

I grew up around drag racing and big V8s. My Dad was into Corvette restoration when I was kid and gradually moved onto Mopars by the end of the '80s. I used to REALLY want a late 340 4-speed A-body, but E-body prices prices skyrocketed dragging Dart prices up with them keeping them out of my reach, and these days I don't have room for a 2nd car or a garage. I'm not even joking though when I say I want to put together a daily driver S52/S54 '63-'64 Valiant wagon.

No V8 but I had a clean, lowered '73 Valiant with a big system as a teenager in the '90s. Only 40k miles when I bought it, drove it across the country twice. My love for the slant-6 fed my interest in BMW sixes.

My Pops is almost 70 and has a '64 Plymouth Fury with a 500hp .060-over pump gas 440 in front of a push-button, manual valve body auto (manually shifting a 500hp push-button car is nuts), as well as a restored '69 Road Runner 426 Hemi 4-speed he usually keeps as a "day 2" car with bigger carbs, cam, Hurst, period Sun tach, line lock, cheaters/skinnies, etc.. The '64 he redid himself, the Road Runner was half-ass restored in the mid-'90s by a previous owner with my Dad and I finishing it and fixing their mistakes.

It doesn't matter how many time I go to drive that '64, I know what is coming, but even when it has been sitting you just have to tap the key and immediately are startled and consumed by that sound of a big block through Flowmasters. I get why people are so into those type of cars.
                  sigpic
                  1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

My Dad has had several Muscle Cars 1969 442-hurst/olds / 66 4 speed k-code coupe mustang / 68 dodge charger r/t 440 4bbl and he has now a 1967 rs/ss camaro. Before i was born ( 1968 ) he had a 1966 sunbeam tiger 260v8 4bbl and a 1961 impala w/348 bored .030 over with tri-power (3 2bbl carb's) 4 speed with s/s doug headers w/olds rear end and 4:10 gears & posi.

Comment

Yeah those are just what he has now, formerly had '58 Corvette Fuelie, '63 Corvette roadster, '67 Chevelle SS396, '68 Firebird Ram Air II with Corvette L88 swap, '70-1/2 Z28.... ahhhhhh what it would have been like to live in the old economy where the average working class person could afford fast cars.
                      sigpic
                      1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

Yeah ! Those were the days lol !

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent Brick View Post
                          Yeah those are just what he has now, formerly had '58 Corvette Fuelie, '63 Corvette roadster, '67 Chevelle SS396, '68 Firebird Ram Air II with Corvette L88 swap, '70-1/2 Z28.... ahhhhhh what it would have been like to live in the old economy where the average working class person could afford fast cars.
                          its all your fault for not working hard enough, the trickle down economy works, just got to get a degree! rabble rabble rabble P&R rabble rabble rabble #sarcasm

Comment

that is a very impressive collection of mopars, jasonc.

when i was 18, i had the chance to buy a 67 gtx with 4 speed for 2400.00. i don't know why i passed on that car. i did have several 65 gto's. one was try power/4speed/power windows/power seat/am/fm radio...etc. the color was originally iris mist purple with white interior.

sadly, i don't have any pics handy. i guess i shall go through my extremely large box of prints and see if i can find some.
                            sigpic
                            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

You should maybe consider getting another car Jason. I did just for the fact i wanted to get another one before they go back up in price and out of my reach money wise.

Comment

Working...
                              X