I'm developing a car maintenance app, need a name for it

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kershaw
    replied
    How about partnering with blunttech for massive amounts of cocknball ads?

    Leave a comment:


  • kickinindian
    replied
    better put in plenty of annoying adds and in-app purchases for it too!

    Leave a comment:


  • supermansocks95
    replied
    Same here! Sounds like something I could use!

    Leave a comment:


  • Kershaw
    replied
    Thanks dude!

    Leave a comment:


  • 15Michaeljoseph
    replied
    Originally posted by Kershaw
    Well, you should know since you've seen the latest wireframe prototype... But yeah, jpod nailed it. Or whatever. I'm choosing his suggestion of Wrenchr.

    Bask in the glorious hand drawn logo. I'm still deciding whether to clean it up or leave it 3rd grade status. Lol.



    I think by the end of the week I should have something to release for feedback from r3v.
    Under logo:

    "Powered by
    [R3v logo].com"

    Love the hand drawn bit though, also good picking on the name. Wish you the best of luck... if it ends up on google play, I'll download!





    Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • Kershaw
    replied
    Well, you should know since you've seen the latest wireframe prototype... But yeah, jpod nailed it. Or whatever. I'm choosing his suggestion of Wrenchr.

    Bask in the glorious hand drawn logo. I'm still deciding whether to clean it up or leave it 3rd grade status. Lol.



    I think by the end of the week I should have something to release for feedback from r3v.

    Leave a comment:


  • roguetoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by skateimitation
    Robr because everytime you need to do maintenance/work on the car itrobs the bank account?

    And because rob.
    I like it, rob log sounds funny too.

    So Kershaw, what was the verdict?

    Leave a comment:


  • jpod999
    replied
    Originally posted by Kershaw
    ^ I'll leave that one up to you, lol.



    Sure I am, and I will once it's done. But let's be realistic about this situation. If this gets 1,000 free downloads I'd be super pumped. I don't need a $2.99 price tag standing in the way of more downloads. Hell, if it just gets completed so I can use it and track my own car maintenance, I'll still be excited. I'm not shooting for some crazy "I hope my app goes viral" scheme here. I just want to go through all the motions of creating an app so I can gain experience and add it to my portfolio. Small dreams here. :)

    I've been wireframing for the last 2 weeks, maybe in a week or two I'll have a clickable prototype I can post and get some feedback from you guys. It's honestly blowing my mind how much wireframing a "simple lightweight app to track car maintenance" requires. I can't imagine anything really involved right now, haha.
    Agreed on the free app point, I never pay for any apps.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kershaw
    replied
    ^ I'll leave that one up to you, lol.

    Originally posted by jpod999
    Are you not allowed to release class projects?
    Sure I am, and I will once it's done. But let's be realistic about this situation. If this gets 1,000 free downloads I'd be super pumped. I don't need a $2.99 price tag standing in the way of more downloads. Hell, if it just gets completed so I can use it and track my own car maintenance, I'll still be excited. I'm not shooting for some crazy "I hope my app goes viral" scheme here. I just want to go through all the motions of creating an app so I can gain experience and add it to my portfolio. Small dreams here. :)

    I've been wireframing for the last 2 weeks, maybe in a week or two I'll have a clickable prototype I can post and get some feedback from you guys. It's honestly blowing my mind how much wireframing a "simple lightweight app to track car maintenance" requires. I can't imagine anything really involved right now, haha.

    Leave a comment:


  • 15Michaeljoseph
    replied
    How about an app that helps you create app names? :)

    Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • skateimitation
    replied
    Robr because everytime you need to do maintenance/work on the car itrobs the bank account?

    And because rob.

    Leave a comment:


  • decay
    replied
    Originally posted by Massive Lee
    Call it Bob.
    Bob is your mechanic and knows everything about your car maintenance. When in doubt, consult Bob.
    That didn't work out so well for Microsoft. :P

    Leave a comment:


  • Massive Lee
    replied
    Call it Bob.
    Bob is your mechanic and knows everything about your car maintenance. When in doubt, consult Bob.

    Leave a comment:


  • markseven
    replied
    Originally posted by jpod999
    That's an awesome idea as long as the user has say over which parts show up. If a bunch of URO parts started randomly showing up at my door I would be pissed, especially if I actually needed that part!
    I think the user would opt-in and select the brands and parts they want to get on a fully passive / automated refill. The alternative is getting notifications as the maintenance window approaches and the user actively asking for delivery. Best case is the app could aggregate deals and let the user choose who gets their $$.

    Leave a comment:


  • jpod999
    replied
    Originally posted by markseven
    Build in a Fuelly type component that tracks mileage. Send maintenance parts accordingly. Kinda an Amazon pantry deal.
    That's an awesome idea as long as the user has say over which parts show up. If a bunch of URO parts started randomly showing up at my door I would be pissed, especially if I actually needed that part!

    Leave a comment:

Working...