the new 2017 Fiat 124

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Vincent Brick
    replied
    In pics i like the Fiat better, but the one new Miata I have seen in person looked much better than they do in pics. I agree that they need more power, like they should at least be able to keep up with a 15 year old S2000 at this point.

    Leave a comment:


  • jpod999
    replied
    Saw one on the street the other day for the first time. I think the ND looks wayyy better in person.

    Leave a comment:


  • ELVA164
    replied
    Originally posted by 101
    Pininfarina is rolling over in his grave on this one.

    Get an original. 13" wheels, lots of cowl shake, a solid axle rear end with no weight on it ... great fun!
    I think someone is a bit biased :p

    Leave a comment:


  • Stanley Rockafella
    replied
    das ist uber ghey!

    :hitler:

    Leave a comment:


  • AwakenNoMore
    replied
    I'm liking the Fiat more. They are reportedly going to make a true coupe version as well (not retracting targa like MX-5 RF). That should be awesome.

    Leave a comment:


  • 101
    replied
    Pininfarina is rolling over in his grave on this one.

    Get an original. 13" wheels, lots of cowl shake, a solid axle rear end with no weight on it ... great fun!

    Leave a comment:


  • rturbo 930
    replied
    I'd take the Miata over that any day of the week. IMO the Miata looks fantastic, and I like it enough that I'm pretty strongly considering buying one in the future. The Fiat though, the front end looks dated to me, and that's not good considering it's a brand new car. And there's certainly nothing vintage about it.

    Regarding power... It seems that Goodwin Racing has managed 180hp at the rear wheels with an exhaust and tune. Baseline dyno was ~140hp. Figure 200hp at the crank after tune. That's plenty for a Miata.

    Leave a comment:


  • M-technik-3
    replied
    Funny my wife was like I want one....I said NO, buy a Miata vs this as Fiat has the worst reliability rating besides Chrysler.

    Rather have a BRZ with a turbo vs an Italian Miata.

    Leave a comment:


  • LateFan
    replied
    I may see one in person someday and say,.....oh....nevermind.

    Leave a comment:


  • ELVA164
    replied
    I don't mind the front, but the back is uggo. Also proportions does not equal looks. A Lotus Cortina, BMW 2002, and E30 have almost identical proportions. I agree it needs more oomph, but not very much.

    Leave a comment:


  • jpod999
    replied
    Originally posted by LateFan
    If they put that 1750 Abarth engine in it, it will go like stink.
    You can get a 1.4T Abarth version. 164HP/183TQ

    Find information about the Fiat 124 Spider and 124 Spider Abarth, part of our end-of-series vehicles, revive the experience of these models today!

    Leave a comment:


  • LateFan
    replied
    If they put that 1750 Abarth engine in it, it will go like stink.

    Leave a comment:


  • flyboyx
    replied
    i actually think the interior looks pretty good too. certainly not that bullshit orange color, but grey, black, or red.

    Leave a comment:


  • LateFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Das Delfin
    While the miata looks like a drugged up snake, this is masculine yet , simple, modern, and vintage all together.
    Agreed. Has much better proportions. One thing that really bugs me about the mx5 is those weird pinched creases on the fender, right at the hood shut line - looks like it was hit from the side. And then the angry pinched headlights. Not a graceful car.

    (Disclosure - I had a 70 and a 71 124 spider)

    Leave a comment:


  • N2MYE30
    replied
    I really like the interior and that's where it stops for me. the Fiatas looks do nothing for me at all...nothing. Looks bloated imo. Id take a Abarth 500 anyday...again.

    Leave a comment:

Working...