• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same, no breakdowns though.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

Installed new tires on the Explorer. Goodyear Wrangler. 33x12.5x15.
      AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Nesset View Post
        Took Samurai out for snow hooning.

Got flat tire.

Stopped getting spark in the middle of nowhere.

I quit life.
        You know what you have to do when your Samurai quits, seppuku.

This explains why all Samurai have had approximately 300 owners.

Comment

So I'm going to make a public excel sheet for this trip, so we can all add trails we want to do, and rank them from 1-10 in order of which trails we want to do most.

Including length of trail in miles, that way we can estimate the time it will take depending on trail difficulty.

Here is the Excel for those that are coming or may be coming: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
          willschnitz

Comment

I need chunky 31s.
            willschnitz

Comment

To the guy with the samurai. Needs moar plow.
              Last edited by TurboJake; 02-09-2017, 12:12 AM.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

^^ Got some serious camber in that back tire. Snow drift into curb??
                My previous build (currently E30-less)
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Haven't posted here in forever, but here's a pic of the new addiction

- 1990 325is
                  - 2016 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X

Comment

How are you liking those st maxxes in the snow?? Wife is driving the 80 a lot this winter equipped with them with out complaints. I have not gotten to put but a few winter miles on them since I got them last winter (was in Tucson last winter and orlando this winter). So was wondering how good they are in the winter stuff
                    Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                      How are you liking those st maxxes in the snow?? Wife is driving the 80 a lot this winter equipped with them with out complaints. I have not gotten to put but a few winter miles on them since I got them last winter (was in Tucson last winter and orlando this winter). So was wondering how good they are in the winter stuff
                      They are very comparable to the BFG K02's in the hard pack and ice but leave them behind in the deep stuff. They use a weird silica based tread compound to keep the hardness of the rubber the same at most temperatures so I think that is why they've done so well in the hard pack.

In short, they are amazing in snow and will definitely be buying them again!
                      - 1990 325is
                      - 2016 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X

Comment

That mirrors my very brief snow expierance with them as well. Not quite as good am Bridgestone revos in the hard pack or ice and a good bit better in deep fresh snow. About even on combination hardpack with a little fresh on top as the revos are, from the limited miles I have on the st maxxes vs the decade plus on the bridgestones. Maxxes are far and away better off road though the revos are no slouch for a road biased a/t tire

Thanks for confirmation.
                        Originally posted by Fusion
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                          ^^ Got some serious camber in that back tire. Snow drift into curb??
                          That's the lone surviving mudflap.
                          Last edited by TurboJake; 02-09-2017, 12:41 PM.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by TurboJake View Post
                            That's the lone surviving mudflap.
                            holy shit! haven't seen you post in forever. welcome back.
                            sigpic
                            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Went out and played a little the last week and today. Got myself stuck. Had to have the land cruiser bail me out. Its time for new tires.

Comment

Dang wish I had trails like that nearby.
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X