OFFICIAL: Off-Roading and 4x4 Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
    Dang wish I had trails like that nearby.
    Yeah, Boise is great for that. Lots of close outdoor stuff. Skiing 16 miles from down town, evergreen mountains and lakes, as well as desert canyons the other way.

The big problem with Idaho off roading is that lots of trails are either not very hard at all, or you need a super modified rock crawler. There isn't much in between.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
      You know what you have to do when your Samurai quits, seppuku.

This explains why all Samurai have had approximately 300 owners.
      Exactly. Also explains why I don't own one lol. Maybe an M10 swap is needed.
      -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
      -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

Ayyyy pretty excited, General AT3s drop soon and I'm putting a set on my e30. Looking forward to goofing around in Sonora this year. :)
        Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

Alright boys.

Talk to me about:

Ford Excursions.

Triton V10....specifically. I know about the spark plug shit on the 2v engines, so I'm looking for a 3v. Long term looking....but these things are so grotesquely beautiful.
          1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

What is wrong with you slammin? Do you love everything bad?

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
              I hear they will do everything I want, do it well, and the v10s are not that 'spensive and you can swap a Cummins in.

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
                Seriously.

Comment

wy u knot git yu a pwr stroak?

they also sucked in those years.

if i were you i would get the best 99 to 2003 crew cab power stroke f250/350 you can find. most have already had the transmissions fixed and its a hell of a lot more useful vehicle.
                  sigpic
                  Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                  92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                  88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                  88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                  87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                  12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                    wy u knot git yu a pwr stroak?

they also sucked in those years.

if i were you i would get the best 99 to 2003 crew cab power stroke f250/350 you can find. most have already had the transmissions fixed and its a hell of a lot more useful vehicle.
                    I don't want a pickup truck.

7.3 PSD is so many dollars....like $20k for one. V10s can be had under $10k all day. Late ones seem gud....but the 6.0 PSD I hear is a yuuuge pile of unless you dump many thousands into it.

I want a Cummins or V10 Dodge, but they are yuuuuge money....All in all I want a giant SUV that can tow....for cheap buy in.

Comment

3/4 ton Surburban with a 8.1l
                      Originally posted by Fusion
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                        3/4 ton Surburban with a 8.1l
                        Got offered a 94 Suburban with foor-fiddy-foor for cheap....

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
                          I don't want a pickup truck.

7.3 PSD is so many dollars....like $20k for one. V10s can be had under $10k all day. Late ones seem gud....but the 6.0 PSD I hear is a yuuuge pile of unless you dump many thousands into it.

I want a Cummins or V10 Dodge, but they are yuuuuge money....All in all I want a giant SUV that can tow....for cheap buy in.
                          i understand about the suv thing. personally the pick up is a better choice for me. i do have to say that if you find an excursion for 10k, that swap is going to cost 10k+ too.
                          sigpic
                          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                            i understand about the suv thing. personally the pick up is a better choice for me. i do have to say that if you find an excursion for 10k, that swap is going to cost 10k+ too.
                            Oh ya. I'd not want to get into that for a looooong while.

That v10 though....A friend has a 7.3 Ex and it's amazing. He's who got me thinking and is encouraging this...

Comment

This is the off roading thread folks. Da fuq does this have to do with off roading?

Comment

Just do what I do, have both a 4wd truck and 4wd SUV(X2) lol
                                Originally posted by Fusion
                                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                                William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X