Hard to let go of your E30?...*emotions/feelings inside*

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ELVA164
    replied
    I'm putting the time and money I have into my E30 because I'm keeping it. With as much as you've put into that car, I believe you would regret it.

    Leave a comment:


  • mavrikno13764
    replied
    Had to sell my first E30 87 325is (Orchid) back in 2007.
    Still regret it to this day...

    These days, the need for a project is cured with the newly purchased Ducati 848.

    Start a Moto project. Its small enough to house both it and the car.

    Leave a comment:


  • AudioNToxication
    replied
    I want to sell my car but no one wants to pay me for it.

    Leave a comment:


  • ST1G
    replied
    I got you fam. I get those feels every winter too.

    Leave a comment:


  • z31maniac
    replied
    Yep, I seriously regret selling "Holly" the '91 318is that the boys at Guten found, picked up, and did quite a bit of work to for me. So I could fly out and drive it home halfway across the country.

    It's in good hands still, but I wish I hadn't sold it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Hard to let go of your E30?...*emotions/feelings inside*

    Hey fam...

    every year, over the past couple years I get the itch to let go of my E30.
    It's always around February too, (it's winter here in Ottawa Ontario Canada).

    I get the itch to undertake a new project, something I can start searching and hunting for parts and making something "great again"

    I've owned my E30 Vert for the better part of 8 years. What started as just "another car to mod" ended up creating the most profound attachment/relationship with a car I've ever had.
    The E30 has class, personality and character.

    I feel I like I "grew up" with it too...sounds cheesy as hell, but it's REALLY tough to imagine someone else taking it away.

    Car in question is actualy the January COTM Hartge H35 Tribute...it's pretty safe to say it's like the only E30 vert like this in North America, which makes it even tougher to let go.

    -->http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=400260

    I'd love to take on a new project (I'm looking at Volvo 240 Wagon with LS3) and I don't have the room for 2 "toy" cars.

    I'd need to unload the E30 in efforts to fund/make room for the Volvo.

    Suffice to say, I think I can't have my cake and eat it too.

    All it really takes for me to quickly change my mind is that 1st drive when she gets out of storage and all the pressures and ideas of selling fade away stat.

    but for now, I'm basically getting my asking price ($14K Canadian) for it and am ever so close to cutting ties with it.

    What about you guys?
    Did you/Have you ever regretted selling that "special" car?
    if you've had one, you know that feeling I'm talking about...



Working...