Hard to let go of your E30?...*emotions/feelings inside*
Collapse
X
-
I get these same feelings with all my toys/vehicles at some point. The M5 last season I put up for sale for about a day and took it down, thought about selling my Repsol this season, but just can't bring myself to do it. But I'm sure someday I will, I've learned with being a car/bike enthusiast that its unlikely you will hang onto the same vehicle for the rest of your life, not impossible but unlikely, so I try to keep an open mind and weigh the pros and cons of ownership
There are certain vehicles I do regret getting rid of however. My e30 being one, was my winter beater, got it for 500 bux, but it was one of the best cars I've ever owned. Only reason I got rid of it was all the rust, and the motor let go. My R1 being the other, got it in a trade, didn't plan on keeping it, but rode it all summer and fell in love, was my first street bike, sold it to help fund my move from NY to AZ, sad but things worked out pretty good I'd say
Leave a comment:
-
-
I absolutely regret selling my m tech II cab, but just due to the rarity.Hey fam...
every year, over the past couple years I get the itch to let go of my E30.
It's always around February too, (it's winter here in Ottawa Ontario Canada).
I get the itch to undertake a new project, something I can start searching and hunting for parts and making something "great again"
I've owned my E30 Vert for the better part of 8 years. What started as just "another car to mod" ended up creating the most profound attachment/relationship with a car I've ever had.
The E30 has class, personality and character.
I feel I like I "grew up" with it too...sounds cheesy as hell, but it's REALLY tough to imagine someone else taking it away.
Car in question is actualy the January COTM Hartge H35 Tribute...it's pretty safe to say it's like the only E30 vert like this in North America, which makes it even tougher to let go.
-->http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=400260
I'd love to take on a new project (I'm looking at Volvo 240 Wagon with LS3) and I don't have the room for 2 "toy" cars.
I'd need to unload the E30 in efforts to fund/make room for the Volvo.
Suffice to say, I think I can't have my cake and eat it too.
All it really takes for me to quickly change my mind is that 1st drive when she gets out of storage and all the pressures and ideas of selling fade away stat.
but for now, I'm basically getting my asking price ($14K Canadian) for it and am ever so close to cutting ties with it.
What about you guys?
Did you/Have you ever regretted selling that "special" car?
if you've had one, you know that feeling I'm talking about...
I think about selling off my M3 every year, between about December and may.
Are you a smaller sized dude Stan? I only ask because my wife had a sv650s (99) and I rode it a number of times. I found the suspension way under sprung for a guy my size at 200-210lb.Leave a comment:
-
-
Hmm, even if I went outside, lit my E30 on fire and watched it burn I wouldn't spend eternity doing that.
Seems as if your hyperbole has become less bloody and somehow larger recently.Leave a comment:
-
-
You will regret it, for sure. I sold my no clear coat, ripped to shit interior, no sunroof (any more) dented fender shit box 325i and I regret it lol.
My dad even brings it up and regrets it vicariously through me.
Just by the way you talk about your vert, is a dead give away you'll regret it and punch yourself in the dick at 4am every night for the rest of time.Leave a comment:
-
I've enjoyed the 318ti I picked up, it's a nice mix of old and new. However, it's not quite as practical storage wise as I hoped it might be.
While I too have thought of selling my long time E30 I looked at the numbers and decided to start a couple of new projects on it instead to keep it fresh.Leave a comment:
-
I miss having an E30....had to sell mine a few years back when the t-belt snapped and many internal pieces got too cozy. This happened right as I was buying my first house and there were some expensive projects to do. It was just bad timing and I do regret unloading it. I've been itching to get another E30 but prices are steadily rising for good examples. I may consider an OBD-1 E36 coupe as my alternate if that's all I can find within my budget. Or go full hair dresser and do the Miata thing.
JonLeave a comment:
-
Nah, don't do it. You buy a project 240 for $500, just work small and buy a tent to keep it outside.Leave a comment:
-
You'd regret it. I've come close to selling my M3 over the years but at the last minute realized I would miss it too much and pulled it off the market. I had a 318ti that I loved but sold it when I upgraded my dd. The guy I sold it to promptly "blew the HG", started a "parted out" thread but just ripped a bunch of people off from 318ti.org. I was sad to sell off a car that meant something to me, then was even more upset to find out that I sold it to a complete asshole who used the car to fuck other enthusiasts over. Man, fuck that guy.
I love my automotive toys so my solution was buy a house with more space to house them. I've been able to keep the car I'll never sell and buy, own and sell off cars when one comes along that I have to have. I'm pretty much on a first name basis with people at the DMV.Leave a comment:
-
Yea what your wanting to sell for doesn't seem like much of an upgrade. More of a down grade if you ask meLeave a comment:
-
come on man! stick with us will ya? why would you do that????
the only reason i would sell an e30 is to get a better one.
you have put together a really nice car and we have all been there with you through your trials and tribulations. there is no way in hell you will get anywhere close to what you are invested. personally, i wish you would hang on to it.
old volvos are pretty cool i guess. not as cool as your m30e30 though. personally i think an LS engine in anything other than a gm project is a cheesy stupid cop out that closely relates to male fecal mater on the end of a penis.Leave a comment:
-
I have owned my e30 (Ol'Betty) for about almost 17 years now. I have almost sold it a couple of times. My worst fear is someone hitting me in it and totaling it out. Selling it would probably make me tear up,i won't lie about that.Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: