Hard to let go of your E30?...*emotions/feelings inside*

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • redsubdivisions
    replied
    I have written full ads complete with links to pictures and everything that I've done to my car, only to end up closing out of the browser and changing my mind.

    Whenever I feel like selling it, I actually go out to the garage and either hop in the car or go take it for a drive. That usually changes my mind and makes me want to keep it. Sure, it has ding, dents, peeling clear coat and some body work needed (which I plan to all address at some point after I move and get settled into a home). But you know what? It makes me happy and that's what matters.

    The last time I sold a car and regret it was my S13 240SX. I know, it was a 155hp "sports" car, but it was clean and I always had a connection with the car. When I sold it for a big loss, I vowed to never do that again. The E30 came a little bit later and has been a fantastic replacement. Here I am 7 years later and it still brings the same feeling I had with my 240 when I was younger.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30_Pare
    replied
    my only e30 I wrecked. Sold to a guy for dirt. Found it at the local junkyard a year later stripped. The feels were unreal. Going through the car looking at everything I did through the years. Pretty intimate feeling when you invest so much time in a car and literally know every inch of it inside and out.

    Leave a comment:


  • flyboyx
    replied
    Ok then

    Leave a comment:


  • Kevinl
    replied
    Sold my E30 earlier this week it was time and I think it went to someone who will take good care of it

    Leave a comment:


  • rturbo 930
    replied
    Originally posted by mr2peak
    673 posts on r3v and you've never owned an e30?
    I joined a bunch of BMW forums in 2005, hung out on BFC until 2012 or so, didn't get a BMW until late 2011.

    And yeah, I like the BMW community too. I think it's better than most.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nesset
    replied
    Originally posted by mr2peak
    673 posts on r3v and you've never owned an e30?
    I know right. I like the community.

    I wanted one my freshman year of highschool super badly but I ran across a 2002 for a thousand bucks and couldn't say no. I'll have one eventually.

    Make that 638!

    Leave a comment:


  • mr2peak
    replied
    Originally posted by Nesset
    Man, I haven't owned an E30 so I can't comment on that car specifically. But I was pretty bummed when I had to sell my 2002... Driving it for the last time really was an eye opener for what I took for granted for almost 5 years. Daily driving it all through highschool was an amazing experience though. Loved that car to the moon and back, I need another.
    673 posts on r3v and you've never owned an e30?

    Leave a comment:


  • Nesset
    replied
    Man, I haven't owned an E30 so I can't comment on that car specifically. But I was pretty bummed when I had to sell my 2002... Driving it for the last time really was an eye opener for what I took for granted for almost 5 years. Daily driving it all through highschool was an amazing experience though. Loved that car to the moon and back, I need another.

    Leave a comment:


  • gart
    replied
    Glad you kept the car and got the wagon. I just picked one up two weeks ago myself. 86 with a 4sp. Might clean it up and daily it. Hope you do a build thread on yours.

    Leave a comment:


  • F34R
    replied
    Never in a million years would I sell Polly. It's not a car...it's where I truly learned how to wrench and mod.

    Leave a comment:


  • mr2peak
    replied
    Glad you kept the E30, you would definitely regret selling it

    Leave a comment:


  • MR E30 325is
    replied
    I sold my E30 last summer. Spent lots of time and money on it, and it was pretty built with lots of high quality parts.

    Didn't get even close to what I put into it when I sold it, obviously.

    When it sold and the guy who bought it drove away I sat in my backyard for about two minutes, flashing back to 8 years of ownership and all the things I learned, all the blood that spilled, and all the memories I made.

    Then, I went inside, made a sandwich, and moved on.

    Thought about checking in on it from time to time, but the guy who bought it was not a fan of documenting progress on the internet.

    I had experienced all that that particular car had to offer. I am more excited now to embark on another journey, and learn new things, and create new memories.

    All in all, I thought I would never sell it. But after I sold it I moved on in about 2 minutes.

    Leave a comment:


  • E30 Wagen
    replied
    I don't regret the e30s I've sold because of the issues they had. However, I've backed out last minute on other cars I thought I wanted to sell because I'm always afraid I'll never find another one as good. I mostly regret selling the rare or really nice parts that I had. I don't have any emotional connection to cars anymore, mostly it's just really hard to let go of anything that I know is going to be very difficult to replace in the future.

    Leave a comment:


  • ajhostetter
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Burns
    Pics from P.O. from last summer
    Runs, drives, stops.
    Paid $600.

    Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
    Holy cow that is clean!!! I love that color. I had an '84 slushbox that I always referred to as "baby shit brown." Unless someone else called it that, then I'd indignantly tell them that it was "salmon."

    Leave a comment:


  • M-technik-3
    replied
    Very upset I sold nearly everyone, get a modern grown up car....blah when I'm old.

    I do have my truck and a few E36's but I guess you could call my truck my grown up car.

    ha old horsehair seats, oh the smell they can give off.

    Leave a comment:

Working...