R.I.P Chester Benningtion from Linkin Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
    ok. sorry for your loss. he must of been a hero to some of you guys and probably more like a father/friend.
    i listened to his music too in high school. Again sorry for your deep loss.
    i didn't mean to offend the hardcore fans of his music here. rip.
    Ever heard of respect for the dead? Dude died yesterday and you're suggesting he had an erection and was looking at my little pony hentai? What the fuck is wrong with you? If you're going to be an asshole, at the very least, try to be witty.

FYI, I really don't care if you liked him or not. I'm hardly their biggest fan. But he seemed like a good dude, and I generally like their music.

Comment

Holy shit, I took a little break from r3v and came back to this thread? Jesus Christ guys, I'm just going to try and believe that no one meant any harm by it and didn't realize how much of an impact that Chester had on some of us. I didn't even realize it until I read that he died. I can't help but remember me and my best friend getting his older brother to buy us Meteora because "he was old enough to listen to it" and then we stayed up until 2 in the morning playing video games, drinking mountain dew, and eating pizza until everyone was asleep just so we could listen to it and not get in trouble. Definitely not a life changing or life saving moment, but its something that I keep on thinking back to.
      My Garage
      2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
      1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
      1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
      Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Wow. Very few times in my life, I haven't had anything to say. This is one of those times.
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

I can't believe how triggered people are getting in here. Did you know him personally? Doubtful, so move along.

Sounds like some of you would burst into tears if you saw the memes I've seen on FB.

Here's a tame one.

Comment

I won't burst into tears about a meme a thirteen year old made, but it's super disappointing to see the comments here made by grown men. No one is triggered here. If anyone is triggered, it's the guys who are being called out for acting like disrespectful little children.

I guess respect is a thing of the past.

This is an embarrassing moment for r3v.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Lol like burgundy said its just a respect thing. Not triggered and if your gonna pull the you didn't even know him card. Then when one of your family members dies let us know so we can poke fun and make memes since we don't technically know you.....

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
              1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
              Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
              Mtech 2 turbo restoration
              Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                This is an embarrassing moment for r3v.
                I was done in this thread until that comment.

So you think this thread is more embarrassing to the site than any of this bullshit?

Please.
                Originally posted by kronus
                would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Sorry guys I never enjoyed this type of music. The closest I can relate to is... maybe..., Nirvana or Red Hot Chili Peppers. Even these I am not a fan of.
                  Sure, there are way more that I am aware of, but right now I can't think of any others.

But I came across this and I thought I would share.
                  I obviously, am not sure if these are really the top 5, but anyway....
                  Top 5 Linkin Park Songs

For those that enjoyed LP's music, his death is a loss.
                  1990 325i
                  2004 330i Individual 6-speed
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                    I was done in this thread until that comment.

So you think this thread is more embarrassing to the site than any of this bullshit?

Please.
                    Yes

I was sharing an experience that happened to me and you're saying that's more embarrassing than people shitting on a guy who died a day ago?

HOW on Earth do you think that's more embarrassing than someone coming here making autoerotic asphyxiation jokes about a guy who hung himself a day ago?

THAT'S BULLSHIT.
                    Last edited by MrBurgundy; 07-22-2017, 08:55 AM.
                    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Yeah I can't believe this happened. I loved L.P. and I've listened to their stuff as long as I can remember.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

This thread just needs to be locked haha

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

It is unfortunate to see some of the derogatory comments finding their way into this thread. We all have the right to say what we want, but I believe there is a time and place for that....and reflecting on a singer/musician death by suicide is not one of those times. Show some decency or take it to FaceBook where such banter flourishes daily (and why I don't visit FB any more these days).

I was an LP fan during their early years (first 2 albums)....their sound and style was unique to anything else getting air time on the radio and I was really drawn to it. I had read/heard about some of Chester's demons that made its way to the public eye.....the drugs, the drinking, the abuse as a child. Very sad and disturbing. Since his passing, I've spent some time on YouTube watching and listening to LP songs and interviews. Chris Cornell's death really hit Chester hard and I believe that was the tipping point that has brought us where we are today. Below is a recent interview clip I found of Chester with some radio DJ. Chester's comments about his mental health is very eye opening and I found it troubling that the DJ just laughed at it. To me, what Chester was saying was almost like a plead for help. He was in a very bad place mentally....and this was before his friend Chris Cornell killed himself. Suicide is no joke and if any of us know of a family member, a friend, or a colleague from work making comments about their current state of well being or mood that make you feel concerned, reach out and try to offer some help. Depression is a disease none of us can readily see but there are ways of spotting it if you really open your EARS and EYES.

Rides...
                          1991 325i - sold :(
                          2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Originally posted by Jon325i View Post
                            It is unfortunate to see some of the derogatory comments finding their way into this thread. We all have the right to say what we want, but I believe there is a time and place for that....and reflecting on a singer/musician death by suicide is not one of those times. Show some decency or take it to FaceBook where such banter flourishes daily (and why I don't visit FB any more these days).

I was an LP fan during their early years (first 2 albums)....their sound and style was unique to anything else getting air time on the radio and I was really drawn to it. I had read/heard about some of Chester's demons that made its way to the public eye.....the drugs, the drinking, the abuse as a child. Very sad and disturbing. Since his passing, I've spent some time on YouTube watching and listening to LP songs and interviews. Chris Cornell's death really hit Chester hard and I believe that was the tipping point that has brought us where we are today. Below is a recent interview clip I found of Chester with some radio DJ. Chester's comments about his mental health is very eye opening and I found it troubling that the DJ just laughed at it. To me, what Chester was saying was almost like a plead for help. He was in a very bad place mentally....and this was before his friend Chris Cornell killed himself. Suicide is no joke and if any of us know of a family member, a friend, or a colleague from work making comments about their current state of well being or mood that make you feel concerned, reach out and try to offer some help. Depression is a disease none of us can readily see but there are ways of spotting it if you really open your EARS and EYES.

Wow. That's insane. He seriously just said that there is something in him that makes him want to kill himself and the dj didn't pick up on it. Had I seen that or heard it even before he did it, it would've thrown red flags.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow, that's such a candid interview. I can't imagine what living like that must be like.
                              Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

if you think this thread is bad, pop over to PNW chat. Trying to get some 70 yr old guy on CL to reveal if he has made sticky with his daughter

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Working...
                                X