Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inspired by Beer thread... how do you cure hangovers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inspired by Beer thread... how do you cure hangovers?

and don't say by not drinking.

What methods do people have??

I usually try and just pound some water and eat something with a lot of carbs in it prior to bed, but that doesn't always do it.

Other things i've heard/tried... and not all of this (or any) is good for your body when you've already consumed that much alcohol:

- take 2 advil prior to bed
    - take a swig of nyquil
    .... that list goes on.

I've never tried that chaser stuff - a friend of mine said that his buddy took like 3 of them before he went out drinking one night and could not get drunk to save his life! he just couldn't get high (bonus points for knowing what song/artist that is)....

/
    PNW Crew
    90 m3
    06 m5

I usually wake up through the night after drinking so i'll keep some liquid near by and chug on it a bit and fall back asleep. I'm usually fully rehydrated and feel fine when i wake up at my scheduled time.

Comment

Nothing works but pounding fluids. Gatorade is actually better as it replaces some electrolytes and other shit.
      Back to my roots

Comment

Ahhh!!!

High flow medical grade oxygen via a non-rebreathing mask! Works like a charm!

Comment

Originally posted by FL318is View Post
          High flow medical grade oxygen via a non-rebreathing mask! Works like a charm!
          Ahhh yes. When I used to lifeguard at the beach the only time we used the oxygen tanks was on ourselves haha. Worked great. Nothing like bein in the sun all day with a wicked hangover
          '92 MTech cabrio: Tesla P85 powered

IG: telsa_bimmer

'95 Alpine M3 5.3 LS, Precision 7675, TH400/Gear Vendors OD
          10.4@136 pump gas at 3530lbs. (SOLD)

Comment

I'm telling you guys, believe it or not, take a two pack of Alka-Seltzer before you crash. Hangover is dead. IF, and that's only after the most hardcore drinking you can do, IF there is anything left of a hangover in the a.m., get up, drink one more two pack, lay back down for a bit, and presto, it's gone.

[THE 501 club - Founding Member]

Comment

matza... that jewsish unleavened bread works well for me. and h20

Comment

Originally posted by RCWells View Post
                I'm telling you guys, believe it or not, take a two pack of Alka-Seltzer before you crash. Hangover is dead. IF, and that's only after the most hardcore drinking you can do, IF there is anything left of a hangover in the a.m., get up, drink one more two pack, lay back down for a bit, and presto, it's gone.
                This is absolutely true! I was given some Alka-Seltzer a couple of weeks ago and within half an hour I was feeling many times better.

I am also fortunate of having a sauna in my complex. I take a 20oz of Powerade and half a gallon of water along with me. The sauna is one of the most therapeutic things I have experienced. I've been addicted for years...

Comment

lots of gatorade followed by doing hills on my bike, sweat it off!!!!
                  sigpic
                  1991 Diamantschwarz 318is
                  1998 Cosmosschwarz M3 Sedan

Comment

More booze. A hangover is just a withdrawal from alcohol so if you ease yourself off it through out the night, starting with a shot or beer and then an hour later doing less and so on. If you just pass out and in the moring cant pound a beer or do a shot than sugar works, just not as well.
                    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

Comment

Potassium and aspirin.

Eat 2 kiwi or 3 banananas and 2 aspiring before drinking. Won't kill that buzz, but will kill the morning ill.

Luke

Closing SOON!
                      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

After you come home in a drunken stupor, find your vitamins and down some with a bottle of water/gatorade/pedialyte no hangover, ever.
                        Hemingway said it best. “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”

Help a brother out, buy your detailing products here...

Comment

Originally posted by rede30 View Post
                          More booze. A hangover is just a withdrawal from alcohol so if you ease yourself off it through out the night, starting with a shot or beer and then an hour later doing less and so on. If you just pass out and in the moring cant pound a beer or do a shot than sugar works, just not as well.
                          erroneous on all accounts. your body doesn't become physically addicted to alcohol after one night of heavy drinking.

PS Ted, that lyric is Slightly Stoopid ;)
                          Originally posted by Gruelius
                          and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

I usually try to eat drink lots of water before bed...then if i still wake up with one(like I did this morning) I take a super hot shower and try to sweat. It also helps to eat something hearty.
                            sigpic
                            "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
                              Potassium and aspirin.

Eat 2 kiwi or 3 banananas and 2 aspiring before drinking. Won't kill that buzz, but will kill the morning ill.

Luke
                              What Luke said.
                              This is true. Alcohol depletes your body's potassium and sugar level. That's why they say a banana and honey milkshake will help with a hangover. :)
                              -Brandon
                              '86 325es S50
                              '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
                              '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
                              '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
                              S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

Working...
                              X