The other side of global warming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The other side of global warming

I thought there was a thread on global warming but I couldn't find it so I'm starting a new thread.

Everyone should watch this so they can get both sides to the story. The great majority of the media today talk about global warming as undeniable truth. Its a bit long but worth your time and there's a guy who looks like John Madden in it. There are 9 parts to the movie

Originally posted by Hawt drift chick
    Yeah, i'm a good dude i swear, i just like to be balls to the wall.

how dare thou question this religion

Comment

So when the air turns bleak and grey on a hot summer day thats normal? Im not that big on the global warming issue but we might as well try to be green just cause were humans dammit. We shouldn't need to wallow in our own wastes. Were better then that. Its just money holding us back from having a higher standard of living. In my eyes fighting for global warming is fighting against big corporations who would rather make a quick buck then do things the right way.

Comment

In the first segment, there's a comment made which sums up much of the fallacy of this 'religion' or 'movement'.....

"Silencing the descending voice isn't science, it is propaganda."

I've actually tried to debate this with some people who are hell-bent on the global warming bandwagon. If you disagree with them and their agenda, they will say anything to silence you…even go as low as name calling. You know when they do that, they’ve run out of intellectual ammo on the subject matter. Poor sheep.

Now in my own defense, I do believe in being responsible about things like recycling, energy efficiency, disposing of harmful items properly. But this whole global warming orgy is running on more emotion and 'feel good' elements instead of hard facts. If Al Gore were a true leader in his movement (instead of his 'do as I say not as I do' position), he would sell that energy sapping mansion of his and move into a 5th wheel with swamp cooler A/C hanging from the side and a Prius under the carport.

Jon
        Rides...
        1991 325i - sold :(
        2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Climate change...and it's normal. Theres no evidence of GW. Gore, go suck a dick.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

LOL at this debate. It will never end.

Climate change is normal, and it's been going on forever. But, that's not to say that we are hyper-accelerating it. Our emissions are creating a climate change rate that has never been seen on earth. Coincidence? Only if you are an extreme conservative.

This is not a GW vs. Gore debate. It's science vs. ignorance. Just like the evolution debate. I'm sure GW would say that God created earth too, but we all know that's a load of cow shit.

Oh, and no, I'm not a liberal.

Comment

im done for global warming during michigan winters.
              where can i sign the petition to start it?
              ________
              Geo/Chevrolet Tracker Specifications
              Last edited by dvs909; 03-03-2011, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Global warming does NOT exist. That's right! I said it and I will say it again! GLOBAL WARMING DOES NOT EXIST.

The earth is millions of years old. We have only been keeping recorded track of the weather for a little more than 100 years and the industrial age didn't really get into full bloom until after the war.

And then if you consider what the ice age must have been like, there was some degree of global warming that melted all of that ice back to the polar caps. What we are seeing today is probably nothing more than the continuation of that cycle. When we see the sun set, it always seems to move pretty fast as it goes over the horizon even though we barely see it move gradually during the day. And I think the same applies here. There has been a gradual warming trend and the closer we get to the end of the cycle, the faster it will appear to progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Jscotty View Post
                  Global warming does NOT exist. That's right! I said it and I will say it again! GLOBAL WARMING DOES NOT EXIST.

The earth is millions of years old. We have only been keeping recorded track of the weather for a little more than 100 years and the industrial age didn't really get into full bloom until after the war.

And then if you consider what the ice age must have been like, there was some degree of global warming that melted all of that ice back to the polar caps. What we are seeing today is probably nothing more than the continuation of that cycle. When we see the sun set, it always seems to move pretty fast as it goes over the horizon even though we barely see it move gradually during the day. And I think the same applies here. There has been a gradual warming trend and the closer we get to the end of the cycle, the faster it will appear to progress.
                  have you ever?...
                  sigpic

Comment

guns don't kill people either
                    Build Threads:
                    Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Originally posted by TwoJ's View Post
                      Our emissions are creating a climate change rate that has never been seen on earth. Coincidence? Only if you are an extreme conservative.

me gusta.

Comment

Originally posted by Jscotty View Post

Like I said... Science vs. ignorance. Just banter.

Look dood, you need to read a bit, or just open your eyes. The earth does go through it's cycles, but on a different scale than we are seeing. The earth has NEVER seen this rate of change in climate. And you are stupid if you think we only know about the last 100 years of the climate. Ice that has been frozen for hundreds of thousands of years with little air bubbles tells us that what we are seeing has not happened before.

I know you don't get it, but it would be great if you wouldn't spread misinformation.
                        Last edited by TwoJ's; 03-13-2007, 09:08 AM.

Comment

screw the environment... everyone believes whatever they are told by people by Hollywood, stupid hippies and theyre "being green"

though i do like the idea of ethanol, here at ncsu we have a corvette '92 with a 350hp 4 cylinder engine that runs on ethanol

not to mention that badass lotus
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                          Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC View Post
                            screw the environment... everyone believes whatever they are told by people by Hollywood, stupid hippies and theyre "being green"
                            Your car is going to look cool when the sun melts the paint off.

Comment

there are some good arguments in that movie jake. I hadnt heard some of them and they are good to know since being close to Berkley and SF there are some crazy peopole out there who live for this stuff. Two days ago i was told that SF airport would be under water in ten years. I was told that as a fact, it made me laugh.
                              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

Comment

Working...
                              X