No announcement yet.

Think it's racist to say...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Countries that have a second (or even third) language are most likely colonies (or ex ones at least). India is a good exemple, so is Viet-Nam (they spoke French during Indochina days, and then English and French), Hong-Kong speaks English (ex Brit colony), Macao would speak Portugues, North-Africa speaks French too, etc. You get the point. Having been colonized is one reason for speaking multi-languages. California used to be Mexican, and I believe that Texas was also at stake for some years. And Florida is an extension of Cuba and Puerto Rico these days. Which just adds color to the Sunshine State :up: What's wrong with that?

The other is when founding members are many. Canada has two official languages. English and French. In some countries such as Belgium, there are also two official languages: Wallon and Flamand, and none was a colonizer. Just two cultures leaving together.
    Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by Ramon View Post
      mariano, tienes mi voto para presidente :up:
      Yo tambien
      ¡ Viva Garcia! jajajaja

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

Originally posted by mtechnik View Post
        Yo tambien
        ¡ Viva Garcia! jajajaja
        :hitler::bow::up:
        m44 Z3 daily driver
        e30 m20b27 King of the garage

Comment

Originally posted by Ramon View Post
          :hitler::bow::up:
          Sabes bien 8-)

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

Originally posted by CleanAzzE30z View Post
            You dont care to sound racist/ignorant, huh? How can one respect your views if you admittedly have no regard for choosing to sound uneducated?

Mariano
            I did say I don't to BE racist because I'm not. What I meant was I do not care if I SOUND racist by speaking the TRUTH.

Originally posted by CleanAzzE30z View Post
            I was about to say the same thing, Lee. They CANT get welfare or any of that shit for free if they are illegal. Goes to show the regurgitated ignorance of people. And our economy wouldnt exist without the lowpayed lower class. Assimilate or get the fuck out. SOUnds familiar. I cant imagine if they took the same attitude in Argentina with all the Italians, Germans, and Spanish infulence there.
            Yes THEY CAN get welfare checks and healthcare.. it's call identity theft.

Originally posted by Maluco View Post
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_crime

United States
            A February 1997 report on rape and sexual-based crime published by the United States Department of Justice stated that of the crimes surveyed, 56% of arrestees were Caucasian, 42% were African American, and 2% were of other races. The report additionally noted that "[v]ictims of rape were about evenly divided between whites and blacks; in about 88% of forcible rapes, the victim and offender were of the same race."[3]
            A subsequent United States Department of Justice report which surveyed homicide statistics between 1974 and 2004 stated that of the crimes surveyed, 52.1% of the offenders were Black, 45.9% were White, and 2% were Other Races. Of the victims in those same crimes, 51% were White, 46.9% were Black, and 2.1% were Other Races. The report further noted that, "most murders are intraracial", with 86% of White murders committed by Whites, and 94% of Black murders committed by Blacks.[4] It should be noted that the document does not provide any details concerning what races or ethnicities are included in the designations "White", "Black", or "Other Races".
            If you are trying to compare what I meant about illegals committing a crime as their first act on US soil to US crime statistics on Wikipedia you're way off base. Because they do not account for illegal acts that go unpunished.

Originally posted by Jscotty View Post
            What if the fast food joints in French Canada were paying $40 an hour? Every uneducated drive thru worker in America would run to Canada and learn just enough of the language to get a job mopping the floor. And then before you know it, Canadian fast food resturants will be overrun with filthy uneducated non-french-speaking American border jumpers. Then the Canadian INS comes through, rounds up a bunch of these stupid yankees and deports them back to the US. And then we attempt to cross the border again tomorrow.
            True but the difference is that at least Canada would do something about it. Have you ever checked out the punishment for entering Mexico illegally? They have much harsher laws than the US and actually enforces them.
            Last edited by RobertK; 06-19-2007, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertK View Post
              True but the difference is that at least Canada would do something about it. Have you ever checked out the punishment for entering Mexico illegally? They have much harsher laws than the US and actually enforces them.
              I can believe it. I went on a cruise to Jamaica where the boat stopped other places along the way. When the boat stopped in Mexico, one of the passengers took a paper flyer advertisement off of a light post as a souvenier. The authorities arrested him and he never made it back to the boat.

Comment

Originally posted by silversleeper View Post
                Isn't english a second language pretty much everywhere?
                If you center on the businessmen and the middle and high social classes, yes, but that roughly amounts to 10-15% of the population in latin america.

The fact is that (as an example), Chile speaks.

1) Spanish
                2) North: Second languages: Quechua and Aymará (inidan)
                Central Chile: Second languages: English (most), Italian, German,
                French.
                Southern Chile: Second languages: Mapundungun, German.

If you look at Ecuador, Perú and Bolivia you will find as second language Aymará and Quechua, and don't underestimate these people, they are real proud of their heritage, old people barely speak spanish, and lots of them don't acknowledge the national govt. they obey their local chief.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertK View Post
                  Have you ever checked out the punishment for entering Mexico illegally? They have much harsher laws than the US and actually enforces them.

That is so very true. A good fact that most people are unaware of.
                  Big Brain- "The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving earth for no raison!"

- California Certified Smog Technician -

Comment

Working...
                  X