No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder why this all going on all the sudden. Seems you guys in the nw are getting it the worst. Wonderif there is some back room orders coming in from the top, to cause as much headache as posiable? Also I have heard this happening often, which is weird cuz the panic has settled down a bit from the high point this time last year that's when one would think there would have been system back ups.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
      Wonder why this all going on all the sudden. Seems you guys in the nw are getting it the worst. Wonderif there is some back room orders coming in from the top, to cause as much headache as posiable? Also I have heard this happening often, which is weird cuz the panic has settled down a bit from the high point this time last year that's when one would think there would have been system back ups.
      Yeah exactly; I'd never heard of anyone being delayed before, and surely no one has been denied. Now its happening left and right....very suspect. If I was a first time gun purchaser and not as hardcore about guns I could see myself just giving up on buying guns for life. I mean this is really going to be a HUGE hassle; I can completely tell it will be from what I have to do, talking to the lady at NICS (who said sorry sorry sorry and actually seemed to feel in the wrong, but also said I'm SOL), and the obscene wait I'm in for. I could probably get a suppressor sooner (well not now :( ).

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
      ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
        Nic- That sucks man, I was just in that situation with my last purchase. Fortunately mine was just a delay to approval. Seriously thats fucked up and I hope everything works out for you.

I am just looking to make it as reliable as possible, basically don't want any FTFs and want it to run smooth. I have heard about wilson mags helping a lot of 1911s out of the box. I really just didn't know about internals that should be swapped to lead to a better running gun. Also by cbob I assume you are referring to the dan wesson? I would rather start off with a lower initial investment that I can build off of. I don't need something perfect out of the box. I like the cbob, but I'm not huge on the bobbed frame, the rest of it looks to be an awesome setup.

Just shoot it as is buy new because if you have any problems springfield will take care of it but there mags are crap. Springfield has a good warranty.

Also take a look at Para Ordinance my brother has a P10 its a geat lill gun.Accurate for a 3inch gun. Its the older steel frame version of the warthog. They make some nice guns Im a fan of the LTC its on my list to buy. But the one gun they make thats not on the CA roster is there Base model the The GI expert Line. I think they have a great price tag as well
        84 318I Delphin RIP
        87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
        89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Went and picked up my Mossberg today:p. Love the damn thing. Reason for delay was because my name is common, now I have to submit to the NCIS to hold information on me so this doesn't happen again. Which means I will be entered into the FBI's VAF system, don't know if this is a good idea yet. Opinions?

I pretty much bought this gun to modify, any suggestions on modifying? Ideas right now include: Vertical grip(maybe), Mossberg collapsible stock with pistol grip, Flashlight mount. Night sight/fiber optic speed sight, and some kind of quick loader. Never modded a shotgun before, so any advice(brands, what to do and what not to do) is appreciated! Any suggestions on non-lethal rounds for HD? Cheers. Edit:Exactly its an 8 shell 20" barrel "Persuader"

Nio är livets tal.

Comment

I got delayed for the first time a few weeks ago when I picked up a ruger 10/22 at a local pawn shop. My record is clean so I was a bit confused by this.

I need to post up some pics of my recent purchases. My favorite being the saiga-12 I got for 400 dollars with 3 mags and a case.

Comment

I've never been delayed. I decide I want a gun, I walk out the door with it 5 minutes later :)

Comment

Originally posted by 2002maniac View Post
                I've never been delayed. I decide I want a gun, I walk out the door with it 5 minutes later :)
                Same, but on average I've waited like 20 minutes.

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
                Originally posted by DTM190
                "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

If I want a gun, I lay down the money, show off my Concealed permit, and walk away smiling.
                  Originally posted by george graves
                  If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002maniac View Post
                    Originally posted by Bishop View Post
                    Same, but on average I've waited like 20 minutes.
                    Originally posted by Beach Bum View Post
                    If I want a gun, I lay down the money, show off my Concealed permit, and walk away smiling.
                    Cooool guys. I have my conceal carry permit and I was like you guys, never having a problem; that is until now. I hope no one else has to deal with this. I was on the phone with a lawyer today and yesterday. She talked to courts, state patrol and what not. There's no reason why this should have happened (I already knew that but still). At least now I'll have more info to send in with my appeal which again has a minimum wait of 124 days.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                    ~ John Adams ~

Comment

can you try and go buy another one somewhere else???? See if you really are flaged and the guy and the gun store didnt transpose some thing or some other way they may have you confused.
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

Recently got me a .270 that my uncle kind of gave me. Bought the wrong fucking ammo though. Doh.

Comment

hahahahahahahaha Just further proof liberals and guns dont mix well

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
                          Recently got me a .270 that my uncle kind of gave me. Bought the wrong fucking ammo though. Doh.

I am sorry man I just could not resist, you kinda walked in to this one.

Hey though good for you enjoy it a .270 is a great all round caliber, and just a ton of fun to shoot to. Take care of it and it will take care of you if you ever need it too. Its also good to have one that has some special meaning from family, I have several that I will never ever sell or give up for any reason as they were given to me or saved for me from both my Gpas, 1 great Gpa, my dad, and great uncle. Some of most prized possessions

William Pitt-

Comment

hahahahahahahaha Just further proof liberals and guns dont mix well

I am sorry man I just could not resist, you kinda walked in to this one. Hey though good for you enjoy it a .270 is a great all round caliber, and just a ton of fun to shoot to. Take care of it and it will take care of you if you ever need it too.
                            Well in my defense, I got .270 caliber, but it was some new short mag bullshit. I am not completely inept, just need to read more carefully next time.

BTW, what do I do with spare ammo? I heard that I could take it to the police station and they will make use of it, is this true?

Comment

.270 is a good caliber to use around here. White tail and mule deer in this area are about the largest thing we have besides the Louisiana black bear and no one ever shoots them. I like it b/c it's not so damn forceful on the recoil like larger guns.
                              i'lldoitforacaravan

Comment

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
                                Well in my defense, I got .270 caliber, but it was some new short mag bullshit. I am not completely inept just need to read more carefully next time.

BTW, what do I do with spare ammo? I heard that I could take it to the police station and they will make use of it, is this true?
                                Return it.
                                i'lldoitforacaravan

Comment

Working...
                                X