Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TwoJ's View Post

So... ppk/s or no? If no, what would you recommend based on the info I've given? Any help is appreciated.

Check out the Sig 238
    Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

My dad has a walther PP in .32 and its pretty fun to shoot. I wouldn't carry anything less than .380 but the feel of the gun is great and even the PP is very concealable.
      <---Goodnight, sweet prince

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.

Originally posted by Brandon12V
      unlikely. too many e46 guys craving Big Fucking Cock

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
        Check out the Sig 238
        this
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Can anyone either talk me in to or out of buying a Walther PPK/S? I want a compact, but not sub. I have held one, but not fired one. It felt as good as I can tell without firing. This will be a carry-around gun, and I am on a broke-college-student budged, so I want to spend about $450 at the most. A friend of mine had a P99 .40 that I have put a couple hundred rounds through and I really like. This is what got me initially interested in the ppk.

So... ppk/s or no? If no, what would you recommend based on the info I've given? Any help is appreciated.
          Right now I carry a glock 23 when I CC. Its really easy to hide around the 1 O clock position and also the 5 O clock postion. I picked my glock up brand new for 420 bucks out the door and ammo isn't to bad ethier.

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by e30s52 View Post
            Right now I carry a glock 23 when I CC. Its really easy to hide around the 1 O clock position and also the 5 O clock postion. I picked my glock up brand new for 420 bucks out the door and ammo isn't to bad ethier.
            What holster setup are you running?

Comment

I know the g23 isn't an HK45, but I don't understand how anyone could carry at 0100 without a muzzle digging into your thigh when you sit down...
              Originally posted by george graves
              If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
                What holster setup are you running?
                Just a cheap highnoon holster. It was 30 bucks shipped I think. Works really well for what it is. But you do have to mess with it a little so you don't print.

Originally posted by Beach Bum View Post
                I know the g23 isn't an HK45, but I don't understand how anyone could carry at 0100 without a muzzle digging into your thigh when you sit down...
                If I have it at 1 0 clock postion then I am not sitting down. I do this when I know I will be up for a long period of time.

www.gutenparts.com
                One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Soo...anyone moving to California soon and looking to sell their HK P30(legally of course)?
                  Last edited by shiftbmw; 05-10-2010, 10:39 PM.
                  sigpic
                  "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Sig 226 or HK USP? whichever I get, it will be in .40, it's the caliber I have the most experience shooting.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The 226 all the way.

If you have not read the whole thread, I am SIG convert over from HK. But that me
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                        Check out the Sig 238
                        Looks like a nice pistol. I love the rosewood grips they have. It's a bit higher priced that I would like, but it seems like it'll be worth my time to go fire one and see how it feels.

I am having a hard time figuring out the value of my shotgun. I haven't decided if I want to just buy a small CC gun, or if I want to get a 1911. If I end up wanting to spend more than 5-600 on the gun, I'll have to sell my shotgun. I have a Benelli Nova Pump as seen here:

It is a nice shotgun, and I do like it. However, I would much rather have a semi-auto for hunting so I don't mind selling this thing.

Here's the issue: I was looking these up online to get a rough estimate of the value and from what I am finding, these things are a minimum of $379 new. Here's a link: http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/bene...h-p-30644.html. I am not 100% sure, but I think I remember paying about $250 for it. Did they really raise the price that much? Is it common for this to happen? I'm inexperienced in all of this shit, so bear with my ignorance.

So my gun has probably only had 300-400 shells through it in two years. You can hardly tell it's used, and it's always been cleaned properly. What do you think it is worth?

Comment

So my gun has probably only had 300-400 shells through it in two years.
                          thats it? i've had my 870 less than a year and i've put 3k shells through it!
                          but i was trap shooting, i assume you were hunting?
                          Originally posted by BillBrasky
                          That's like Vlad challenging Chip Foose to a car painting contest.
                          Originally posted by acolella76
                          i'm pretty sure 'Phillis' is short for syphilis
                          2007 CVPI, stock and slow
                          1994 tercel, 5efhe swap, i/h/e
                          1984 t-type, 5.3/th350 swap in progress

My newest addition:
                          Rebecca Arlene, born 4/19/2013

Comment

No, I haven't used this one to hunt. I may have been estimating on the low end, but I really didn't use the thing much.

I went to the local gun store, and they have a PPK in stock. They want $575 for it, and I've seen it at another place for $539. I'm thinking of asking them to do $400 and the Nova for the PPK. Does this sound unreasonable to anyone?

Comment

No, I haven't used this one to hunt. I may have been estimating on the low end, but I really didn't use the thing much.

I went to the local gun store, and they have a PPK in stock. They want $575 for it, and I've seen it at another place for $539. I'm thinking of asking them to do $400 and the Nova for the PPK. Does this sound unreasonable to anyone?
                              It doesn't sound unreasonable to you or I, but gun shops generally don't like to make reasonable deals. I understand that they are in the business of making money but I have run into some niggardly gun shops. Might as well bring your gun in for them to check out and offer up the trade. Worst they can do is say no.

Comment

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
                                It doesn't sound unreasonable to you or I, but gun shops generally don't like to make reasonable deals. I understand that they are in the business of making money but I have run into some niggardly gun shops. Might as well bring your gun in for them to check out and offer up the trade. Worst they can do is say no.

Being we prolly wont get any of hippie Libbs in here to point this out

I know what it means ;) Just getting it outta the way before some one else dose that hasn't a clue and clutters up the thread for 3 pages a month from now

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X