Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dlmpsy View Post

Here's my P2000SK, 9mm.
    how do you like it? Did you go with the LEM trigger?
    alexw
    (2) E30 tourings - sold, E30 M3 - sold, 89 325ix sedan, 91 318is slicktop
    Wisconsin Members!- Join WiBimmers.com, Wisconsin's BMW community.

Comment

Originally posted by alexw View Post
      how do you like it? Did you go with the LEM trigger?
      I bought the SA/DA, mostly because it's what I'm more familiar with...I've read that a lot of people really like the LEM trigger, so either one would be a good choice. The gun shoots fine, recoil isn't bad for a subcompact, I've shot about 500 rounds with S&B ammo...no misfires or jams. Changeable backstraps are a plus, and if you prefer, you can buy flat magazine bases (if you don't like the finger-rest version). It's been awhile since I've shot it (last fall), but if I recall correctly, HK sighting is set up a little differently. Do a search under HK Pro forums, they have a lot of information. Especially useful when determining what holster options are available, or if you are thinking about various mods (if HK does it, it's covered...anybody else & HK won't).

Comment

I finally started my AR15 build.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangerfury View Post
          I finally started my AR15 build.
          I finally finished mine. Well more or less...

Comment

Started building my AR this week.

Comment

I need to jump on this ar-15 bandwagon like I jumped on the fixed gear bike because of the bike thread bandwagon.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^

Yes Yes you do.

I still need to get my self a few of them as well.

On that note Sig is supposed to be releasing the .308 piston AR rifle here some what soon.
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                  On that note Sig is supposed to be releasing the .308 piston AR rifle here some what soon.
                  Hopefully they won't be as big a let down in the quality department as the 556s.

I'm having trouble deciding what to do for my next rifle. I've decided on .308, either FAL, AR-10 or M1 scout. The FAL and AR-10 will most likely be in a shorter barrel configuration. I like fireballs and wasted velocity.

Comment

check put the OBR's by LaRue, best rifles for the $$. Both in 5.56 and 308
                    Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
                      Hopefully they won't be as big a let down in the quality department as the 556s.

I'm having trouble deciding what to do for my next rifle. I've decided on .308, either FAL, AR-10 or M1 scout. The FAL and AR-10 will most likely be in a shorter barrel configuration. I like fireballs and wasted velocity.
                      IIRC the sig 556 is still full gas gun, its the 516 that is the Piston gun. the 308 version is the 716.

yeah the thing is the FAL is not a terribly accurate rifle. I mean man size target at 800 yeah sure but you are not gonna 10 ring 3 out of 5 at that distance either.

AR-10 ehhh Unless you mean just a 308 ar like a DPMS or similar. LWRC piston gun is a good option as well. Looks like the big draw back to the 716 Sig is that they will not us P-mags, but the old school M14/AR10 mags
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                        IIRC the sig 556 is still full gas gun, its the 516 that is the Piston gun. the 308 version is the 716.

yeah the thing is the FAL is not a terribly accurate rifle. I mean man size target at 800 yeah sure but you are not gonna 10 ring 3 out of 5 at that distance either.

AR-10 ehhh Unless you mean just a 308 ar like a DPMS or similar. LWRC piston gun is a good option as well. Looks like the big draw back to the 716 Sig is that they will not us P-mags, but the old school M14/AR10 mags
                        I believe the 556 is a piston gun as well is the 516. Only difference is the 516 is the AR-platform based system iirc.

I'm not really worried about reaching out and touching something. I just want something that packs some punch behind the round. I have always liked the FAL for its battle rifle ruggedness and history. I also to say its heavy is an understatement, even in 16" bbl configurations. I was looking at building a 308 AR but I'm not stoked on their questionable reliability. If I want a reliable 308 AR it seems like I will be dropping at least 2-3.5k on the gun and I'm not really fond of that hit to my wallet (at least all at once).

Comment

I have a DSA Fal that is beautiful. Its the Standard SA-58 with a flattop rail. I love that rifle but as expensive as ammo has gotten she just sits in the safe.

And yes, the 556 from Sig is a piston driven rifle.
                          Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                            I have a DSA Fal that is beautiful. Its the Standard SA-58 with a flattop rail. I love that rifle but as expensive as ammo has gotten she just sits in the safe.

And yes, the 556 from Sig is a piston driven rifle.
                            I love your FAL

I didnt know that the 556 was a piston gun.

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                              I remember seeing that a while back, definitely a nice gun. I've been obsessing about the SA58 11" OSW ever since I saw a stripped down version.

Like this one...

Comment

Ive got my eye set on a M1A Standard 22in. probably be making the purchase in May, just need a little more money.

Comment

Working...
                                X