No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless you are CCW'ed in an Open Carry state, you can get your permit revoked for even printing I've heard.

Comment

Well that depends on your state laws. In my state it dose not matter if my gun prints, coat blows open what ever, as open carry is 100% legal anywhere (other than banks, bars, govt buildings) and I only need a CCW permit to carry into a incorporated area concealed.

Now some places yeah if you print to hard or you shit blows open for the world too see, you can find your self in some issues, but generally common sense is used by LE.

In this case what is a glimpse, a Glimpse=a brief or incomplete view. So what did the cop see to make him think it was a gun??? Could have been a PDA/Cell phone case pressing on his suit. Or did his jacket blow open and the cop see something shinny. Next the cop is in his car Driving, he would have to be looking hard at that guy at just the right time. Yes it did turn out to be a gunn but really with just a "glimpse" from a moving car at least dozens of feet away is a stretch at best. This whole deal sounds kinda fishy.

this quote says it all too me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Originally posted by cop
      nd told Schubert that he (Stern) was the only person allowed to carry a weapon on his beat
      Vigilante cop much?????????????

Every cop I have ever talked to in many states have told me that they have discretion as to how to treat someone in this kinda position, where they may have seen a gun or may not have print or what ever. Something like this a guy in a nice suit in a "high crime area" and glimpse of what may be a gun????

Yeah some places you can lose your permit for this kinda thing but lets use some common sense here!!!!!

NOW the ANTI 2a crowd have CASE law to get away with treating legal Permit holders exercising their constitutional rights, like criminals and 2ed class citizens for doing so. This is the real problem with this case.

Originally posted by Maluco View Post
      At some point a police officer, J.B. Stern, who lived up to his last name, caught a glimpse of the attorney's pistol, and he leapt out of his patrol car "in a dynamic and explosive manner" with his gun drawn, pointing it at the attorney's face.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't one of the main responsibilities of carrying a concealed handgun license keeping it concealed? That puts it all on the attorney. He was irresponsible according to the statutes of legally carrying a concealed handgun and therefore put his own self in that stupid ass situation.

and LMAO at an officer actually being stern whilst addressing someone who is armed, let alone being "dynamic and explosive".
      Last edited by mrsleeve; 01-02-2010, 08:16 PM.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

I've shot about 250rounds in the past week on the Glock 23.

I'm in fucking love. Tonight was the first night that I really felt my aim "clicked". I feel like I discovered the front sight tonight, and my trigger pulls are short and consistent now.

Here's a nice tight pattern (for me) that i shot this evening: Chest shots were at 21ft, and headshots were at 30ft.

tasty

Comment

My Christmas present for carry. A H&K P2000SK V3, in 9mm. Seems well made and is a good shooter from what I can tell.
          Attached Files

Comment

Well, I have been saying on here and IWSTI for a while that I was gonna get my hands on a .40 Glock. That has changed to 9mm I think, but that aside, I spent some money and picked up a Ruger 10/22 and cheap Bushnell scope. I bought 500rnds of High velocity Remington ammo, but I've heard really good things about CCI Blazer. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like I can find ANY of it locally....

Anyway, lemme see if I can dig up some pics. I went straight from the store to the range / canyon and popped off 20 rounds before it really got too dark to be safe (or see). Scope isn't even close yet, but I'm really anxious to get it dialed in. Any suggested ranges for dialing it in? I was thinking like 50 yards.

Any suggestions or comments welcome. My friends have been saying to mod the thing, but that will come in due time with the AR... I want the Ruger to remain stock-ish... Most I'll probably do is get a bipod.

(Forgive me cause I have heard facebook pics are terrible, but apparently they didn't save the pics to my iPhone when I took em)

First pic is my AR and Ruger w/ the Tactical Inc. 25rnd adjustable mag I bought.

It all kinda stemmed from telling my friend who was in town for like 2 days from Nebraska, that if he bought a gun, I would. Well, he seemed a little sketch on buying the rifle. I thought the low price might even be high for him. Well, we walked into the shop and I'd guess within 5 minutes he found a GSG-5 .22 and within 30 seconds of seeing it and holding it, he was filling out paperwork lol...

Second pic is the GSG-5

OH! Can anyone please suggest / school me on bipods please please please? I don't need something super fancy, but durable and proper would be awesome.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Bishop; 01-08-2010, 02:56 AM.

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
            Originally posted by DTM190
            "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

I just got my 10/22 dialed in last night at the local range. It was running 1-2" semi-rapid fire groups at 46 yards(its the limit on the indoor range). I feel confident that any rabbit in my yard is completely fucked.

Comment

I really wanna get my .22 dialed in. We had a decent size snow storm the day after I bought the gun go figure....

"fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Anyone here shoot at LAX range in Los Angeles? I've been going there every few days. Shot 250 Rounds off tonight on the Glock23. I'm yet to have a single FTF or FTE. I fuck love glock reliability!
                  tasty

Comment

Your glock should serve you well. I really like the glock and its trigger. I also love sig. I see the merits in many firearms.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                    ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
                      I really wanna get my .22 dialed in. We had a decent size snow storm the day after I bought the gun go figure....
                      Boulder must have an indoor range somewhere. I would like to get out to a 100 yard range but I will make do with what I have available to me. I didn't know I would enjoy shooting my 22 as much as I do. I'm already looking at barrels and stocks to throw on it. I just don't want to end up with a $1k 10/22 but these fuckers are addicting. I just went today with my girlfriend again to put another 300ish rounds through it.

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
                      Your glock should serve you well. I really like the glock and its trigger. I also love sig. I see the merits in many firearms.
                      +1 on the glock love. The only reason I sold mine was to buy a sig. I ended up with 3 rugers go figure. I am finally shopping for my .40 cal 229.

Comment

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
                        Boulder must have an indoor range somewhere. I would like to get out to a 100 yard range but I will make do with what I have available to me. I didn't know I would enjoy shooting my 22 as much as I do. I'm already looking at barrels and stocks to throw on it. I just don't want to end up with a $1k 10/22 but these fuckers are addicting. I just went today with my girlfriend again to put another 300ish rounds through it.
                        Yeah, we have the Boulder Rifle Club. 7-8 YEAR waiting list.... Other than that, we have national parks lol. It's kinda sparse around here. I'm hoping to go to the gun club whenever though and get it dialed in. I dunno if I should do 50 or 100 yards.

Comment

.22lr 50 yards
                          Originally posted by Fusion
                          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                          William Pitt-

Comment

That fucking sucks not having more options as far as ranges, I thought we were limited around here with 3 relatively close.

As far as range I would definitely go with 50. I don't know for sure, but I can't speak to the accuracy of a stock 10/22 at 100 yards especially considering I'm using standard bulk ammo. But I am happy with how mine shoots at near 50. 100 yards would really be just for fun. I don't see it as being a 100 yard tack driver as it sits in its current configuration.

Comment

Thanks much Sleeve.

infernal: Yeah, it blows really hard... I wanna dial my .22 in on a bench. We don't have many options though.

I'll do 50 yards as soon as I can set it up.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                                .22lr 50 yards
                                Why... Depends what you shoot? I pop squiles at about 90-120 yards with my marlin. So I have it sited at 100. All I shoot is CCI Segmented hollows and some agulia super max.
                                there both pretty flat for 22lr
                                84 318I Delphin RIP
                                87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
                                89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Working...
                                X