X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    I found 100 rounds of 45acp today

but yes shop around some.

I saw in a little shop here in IA today 2 S&W AR's for 1369 a pop. seems kinda high as well,
    I have a local shop that I buy 150 rounds (3box limit) of 9mm a day ;)

Its the only local place w/ handgun ammo. And thier prices are awesome...

Which reminds me, I need to take some pics of my AR lower. Although it looks like an other S&W lower.
    ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yeah I wanted the case but he would only sell me 100 rounds, per week, because I am a new guy to the area, and has regular customers to sell to. He will remember me as I still have a Montana DL and will have it for a while longer.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Last edited by Nicademus; 06-12-2009, 12:28 AM.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
        ~ John Adams ~

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oh my, you want to sell that to me
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

I will be wanting that soon.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Oh my, you want to sell that to me
              I actually sold the lower today...minus the Vltor stock; I kept that :D I actually traded the lower for this:

Last edited by Nicademus; 06-12-2009, 12:44 AM.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
              ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Yes you did, looks like a touch or copper fouling in there :D

9mm or 357sig, bore looks to small for a 40

I love sig's as you know nice score

William Pitt-

Comment

Yes you did, looks like a touch or copper fouling in there :D

9mm or 357sig, bore looks to small for a 40

I love sig's as you know nice score
                  Yeah I noticed that in the picture too ;) so I just ran a boresnake through it 3 times about a minute ago :D

Its actually a .40cal, and like .40's can become a .357sig with just a barrel change. It came with 3 magazines. 2 12 rounders and 1 10 rounder. The guy also has a holster for me.

* looks like I'll need to use some sort of solvent to get that fouling off there. The good ole snake made it shine but didn't take that away.

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Yeah really that just looks small for 40 oh well must be the angle

any way get your self some pro shot copper solvent and or 1 step solvent

Run a wet patch (soaked good) through it. Let it sit for 1/2 hour then run another patch soaked let that sit for 1/2 hour. Get a Nylon stiff brush ( use a 44 Cal brush) and get some more solvent in there and run the brush in both directions several passes and the hit it with some patches till you are clean. If you still have fouling repeat the above steps till gone.

William Pitt-

Comment

Yeah really that just looks small for 40 oh well must be the angle

any way get your self some pro shot copper solvent and or 1 step solvent

Run a wet patch (soaked good) through it. Let it sit for 1/2 hour then run another patch soaked let that sit for 1/2 hour. Get a Nylon stiff brush ( use a 44 Cal brush) and get some more solvent in there and run the brush in both directions several passes and the hit it with some patches till you are clean. If you still have fouling repeat the above steps till gone.

http://www.proshotproducts.com/new_product_6.html
                      I've never had fouling before. Is that the result of not cleaning the gun? or putting a ton of rounds through?

Thanks for the info.

~ John Adams ~

Comment

here is a good write up on copper fouling, you want some in there as it will help stabilize that friction and end chamber pressures. But too much and it will cause accuracy to go away.

William Pitt-

Comment

here is a good write up on copper fouling, you want some in there as it will help stabilize that friction and end chamber pressures. But too much and it will cause accuracy to go away.

http://www.shootingsoftware.com/fouling.htm
                          So this would be part of the break in process or barrels. Makes sense now.

*haven't read it yet, just assuming :)

Been reading now and:

"You should never need to clean a good barrel with a metal brush!"

Ummm does that mean my boresnakes are evil?

~ John Adams ~

Comment

No

I love bore snakes use them often as well, I still use Brass brushes all the time, but slowly moving to nylon more and more. A brass brush is not going to hurt a carbon steel production gun barrel. Or even a custom one. Not a big deal, really some guys are just a bit over worried about it, but when you have 10k in a custom competition gun I can see being like that

William Pitt-

Comment

No

I love bore snakes use them often as well, I still use Brass brushes all the time, but slowly moving to nylon more and more. A brass brush is not going to hurt a carbon steel production gun barrel. Or even a custom one. Not a big deal, really some guys are just a bit over worried about it, but when you have 10k in a custom competition gun I can see being like that
                              Ok good, I was feeling like I didn't know anything all of a sudden.

~ John Adams ~

Comment

~John Adams~

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Working...
                                X