No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's mine. CZ75B 9mm. Prop shot close to 1k rounds through it and never had a misfire. Solid gun. Looking at building an AR in .223 soon to add to the collection.
    sigpic
    Parts Wanted
    The Never-ending Resto Mod

Comment

Originally posted by GaryE30 View Post
      Does this upper have a mid-length gas system? I thought I heard something about it being carbine length, but has a mid gas system somehow.

Figured I'd ask the guy who 1) has one, 2) knows a lot about these guns.

:)
      Mine is the piston not DI, but the ones I have seen are all carbine gas systems.
      Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by devon.818 View Post
        Recommend me a .22 for under 200$ please. Am a major beginner to guns!

I shot one the other day at my buddies house, was really fun and the ammo was dirt cheap. Will do a lot of plinking and what not.

Thanks
        Marlin Model 60

or Ruger 10/22
        Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

^

will second the 10/22 or a older Rem bolt action .22, they can be had for about 100 bucks (if you can find one).
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Picked this up today. 226 in .40. I hope I can get to the range with it this weekend.

Comment

Sig Good man
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

I want to get rid of my S&P 9c and use the money for a Sig 1911

Anyone want a well taken care of 2008 Smith and Wesson M&P 9 Compact? :-)
                Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

^
                  If going 1911, get a new Springfield and stuff it full of Wilson Combat and Nighthawk parts and you will have twice the 1911 for the same price as a new Sig 1911.

William Pitt-

Comment

This is why I love this thread. You guys have so much knowledge on this stuff. That means less time spent researching on my end lol :) Although it still probably means many hours vs 2x that.

Thanks man, I'll look into it. They are just such beautiful guns!

Does Springfield make an equivalent gun to the Sig C3?
                    Last edited by GaryE30; 10-13-2011, 07:45 PM.

Comment

you will prolly have $2-500 in smithy labor charges to install and do all your trigger work but you would be paying him to do the fine tuning to the Sig anyway at some point.

Edit: sig makes a really nice 1911 as it is, but really I would go the Springfield and upgrade parts, and just pay the smithy and have a little more into it that way.

William Pitt-

Comment

Yeah, its mostly just a pipe dream right now, but doesn't hurt to do the research at least. I really love the Sig 1911 C3. Most others (even Sig) compacts are really small and have a short grip/barrel. This one is just slightly shorter than the standard length.

Perfect IMO

Too short

My buddy has a Springfield 1911 that I got to see this weekend... it certainly brought the idea of this gun back into my head (and hopefully home).

Comment

you are wanting a 4" barrel you can get that from almost anyone making 1911's that "EMP" is designed for CCW and thats why its so small and has more rounded edges than most.

William Pitt-

Comment

I must have forgotten to post here in a while. Here is my new carry piece:

CZ-PCR. I love it so far. No jams, very good weight (not TOO light) and an accurate little thing for the barrel length.
                            <---Goodnight, sweet prince

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.

Originally posted by Brandon12V
                            unlikely. too many e46 guys craving Big Fucking Cock

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                              you are wanting a 4" barrel you can get that from almost anyone making 1911's that "EMP" is designed for CCW and thats why its so small and has more rounded edges than most.
                              Gotcha. I know some people probably won't agree with this, but I also want it in 9mm.

Since it won't be a carry weapon for me, just a range gun, I'd prefer to shoot a round a little cheaper than 45.

Now I just have to find a 9mm 1911 4" barrel and about 5" overall height

Comment

Originally posted by GaryE30 View Post
                                This is why I love this thread. You guys have so much knowledge on this stuff. That means less time spent researching on my end lol :) Although it still probably means many hours vs 2x that.

Thanks man, I'll look into it. They are just such beautiful guns!

Does Springfield make an equivalent gun to the Sig C3?
                                It looks like you're after a CCO, or concealed carry officer configuration. The Sig C3 is a commander-ish length slide on an officer or compact frame. I believe Sig has the C3 as you've shown as well as the 1911 Traditional Style Compact.

My personal favorite CCO style gun is the Dan Wesson CCO Bobtail. Its a few hundred more than the Sig, but I in my personal opinion, worth every penny. I've seen them in the $1450 range from a few places.

S&W makes the SW1911 Compact ES which is a compact extended slide model. From what I've read around on the 1911 forums, the Smith 1911 is one of the best quality 1911s out of the box at its pricepoint.

Les Baer makes the Stinger, but thats getting into the $1600-1800 range.

Of the ones that I have listed I would probably go with the Dan Wesson CCO or Baer Stinger if cost wasn't the deciding factor and budget is slightly flexible. They are two guns that should not need anything out of the box. The Smith, then the Sigs would round up the bottom of my list. The Smith would get my vote if budget is a factor in this race. I love me some Sig action, but I haven't been impressed with their quality control as of late and I myself am hesitant to purchase new Sigs. Not saying you should take my word for gospel or anything, just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X