Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Colt is awesome!

Comment

My favorite guns. Long gun is a .54 Lyman Great Plains. Pistol is a .50 Traditions Trapper. I shoot a patched roundball in each.

Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now.

Comment

Didn't see any good deals at the gunshow.
        Had a 92FS for 450 but the slide was kinda fucked up.
        1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

Hipster guns. Classy.

Actually those are really cool. Where do you get caps and powder from?

Comment

my other pistol...
            Attached Files

Comment

My Grandpa left these guns behind for me and I want to learn more about them / use them. Crazy to think how much use they got and how old they are.

I'm hoping some of you guys can tell me more about this shotgun.

All I can make out is:
              -It says "Premier" on the switch that opens up the barrel for loading (I'm a noob)
              -"Made in Spain"
              -Model Z1 E or 21 E or 71 E (hard to read)

The other is a Winchester 70 dated somewhere between '54 and '55. Any info on value, is this considered good condition, bad?

And some .22s for good measure. I guess he used one as a kid to shoot rabbits etc.

PS how bad is it to dry fire these guns and where should I look to read about cleaning them so I can go use them?

I've shot quite a few guns, a ton of my roommates have various weapons etc - so yes I'll be careful etc etc
              Originally posted by z31maniac
              I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by 318isfc3s View Post
                My 1920 Colt 1903 aka "1908" pocket .380 and my new FN fiveseveN.
                The 5-7 is beautiful.

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
                  My Grandpa left these guns behind for me and I want to learn more about them / use them. Crazy to think how much use they got and how old they are.

I'm hoping some of you guys can tell me more about this shotgun.

All I can make out is:
                  -It says "Premier" on the switch that opens up the barrel for loading (I'm a noob)
                  -"Made in Spain"
                  -Model Z1 E or 21 E or 71 E (hard to read)

The other is a Winchester 70 dated somewhere between '54 and '55. Any info on value, is this considered good condition, bad?

And some .22s for good measure. I guess he used one as a kid to shoot rabbits etc.

PS how bad is it to dry fire these guns and where should I look to read about cleaning them so I can go use them?

I've shot quite a few guns, a ton of my roommates have various weapons etc - so yes I'll be careful etc etc
                  don't dry fire them w/o a spent caseing or a snap cap in the chamber. their old and you will risk snapping a fireing pin. imho, the mod 70 is the cream of the crop although the side by side might be worth some coin too. if i where you, i would just clean them all up, and lock them away. they will only appreciate in value. if your a hunter, and have no other guns to use, then go ahead and have a blast. but i would rather buy a daily driver so to speak than cary the clasic tags through the brush. those model 70's where the cream of the crop in their day. i have 3, consecutively numbered from 1937. a 30-06, 270 win. and the coveted 257 roberts.
                  sigpic

Comment

Heads up --- NYC Mayor Bloomberg is, as always, campaigning for further ridiculous Big Brother "gun control" by starring in a Superbowl commercial this weekend:

The mayors of New York and Boston are rooting for opposing teams in the Super Bowl. But they're on the same side when it comes to pushing for stricter gun-control laws.

Who the hell elected this douchebag??!?!? WTF were they thinking?!?!

Comment

you really think hes going to have some kind of swaying effect by advertising during a football game where the lions share of the people watching are gun owners?????

waste of his own money imo
                      Last edited by mrsleeve; 02-01-2012, 07:37 PM.
                      Originally posted by Fusion
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                        you really think hes going to have some kind of swaying effect by advertising during a football game where the lions share of the people watching are gun owners?????

waste of his own money imo

Not sure what makes you think the "lion's share" of the Superbowl audience own guns....? Where did you find that information? Or did you make it up?

Remember, the public of NY elected such ferociously anti-gun politicians as Congresswoman McCarthy and Mayor Bloomberg. And the NY Giants are in the Superbowl, so a lot of NY anti-gun's will be watching, along with many many many fellow anti-gun's from the New England area.

Superbowl commercials are super-expensive for ONE reason only: thousands and thousands of people are watching when they air. A lot of people watch the Superbowl ONLY for the commercials!!

Fact is, it doesn't really matter what percentage of people watching are gun owners. This kind of propaganda / fear-mongering is harmful. The more the anti-gun's scream, and the quieter the pro-gun's are, the weaker the support for 2nd Amendment rights becomes.
                        Last edited by mach schnell; 02-01-2012, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Id like to know who is paying for that commercial.

Btw. I bought a coyote edition of ruger's lcp this weekend. Whoop!

Comment

really I have to connect the dots for you?????

I am fully aware of who Bloomberg is and what hes been trying to do for a decade, and who and why he has been elected.
                            Originally posted by Fusion
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by long tall eta View Post
                              don't dry fire them w/o a spent caseing or a snap cap in the chamber. their old and you will risk snapping a fireing pin. imho, the mod 70 is the cream of the crop although the side by side might be worth some coin too. if i where you, i would just clean them all up, and lock them away. they will only appreciate in value. if your a hunter, and have no other guns to use, then go ahead and have a blast. but i would rather buy a daily driver so to speak than cary the clasic tags through the brush. those model 70's where the cream of the crop in their day. i have 3, consecutively numbered from 1937. a 30-06, 270 win. and the coveted 257 roberts.
                              Interesting. This one is a 30-06. I'm not a hunter, if anything I'll probably be using the shotgun since that is what my friends have and casually use for hunting/fun. I just think the 30-06 would be fun to shoot. I'm not too concerned with retail value on them, I doubt I'll ever be a serious hunter and the value of the guns will never be my motivation for keeping/using them.

Really hoping someone can point me in the right direction on that side by side... I can't find anything online.
                              Originally posted by z31maniac
                              I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                                really I have to connect the dots for you?????

I am fully aware of who Bloomberg is and what hes been trying to do for a decade, and who and why he has been elected.

Apparently this is beyond your understanding.

Put your head back up your ass, and let the adults talk.

Comment

Working...
                                X