X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan...
    replied
    Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
    interesting, i'll go and check that out.
    Not sure if I did this correct, but I would imagine it was..

I did the 10 yard sight in as described above. From 10 yards I used the lower triangle part of the reticle (per the manual, the triangle is for anything 10 yards or less) , and when aiming at the black circle was getting them inside the grey circle as you would with the center dot on a traditional red dot optic.

I don't have access to anything further than a 10-15 yard range until tomorrow, so hopefully anything further than 10 yards will be on point with the center dot...

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Originally posted by ThatM20Guy View Post
    You definitely wont regret it! I love the one I cobbled together, especially since I shoot AR's suppressed most of the time the rifle setups can get a little bit weighty on the front end.

What length of barrel are you thinking about?

This is the zero that I run on my Ar's. I used to do the 50/200 yd but switched after seeing this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jttB1kUXfJE

Im gonna be doing an 8 inch barrel and i think I’m gonna do it in 300 blk instead since i now have the ability to reload it will be cheaper.

Leave a comment:

• ThatM20Guy
    replied
    Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
    Think I’m gonna build a pistol in 5.56 nato using aero precision complete upper and lower in FDE
    You definitely wont regret it! I love the one I cobbled together, especially since I shoot AR's suppressed most of the time the rifle setups can get a little bit weighty on the front end.

What length of barrel are you thinking about?

This is the zero that I run on my Ar's. I used to do the 50/200 yd but switched after seeing this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jttB1kUXfJE
    Last edited by ThatM20Guy; 01-16-2019, 12:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
    I haven't done it yet, going to try to get out to the range today or tomorrow.

For now, depending on which range I have access to, I may do the 10 yard zero which would zero it for 50/200 yards:

You may remember Frank Proctor’s method for achieving a 50/200 yard zero at 10 yards with your AR-15 that was mentioned here a few months ago. I have been putting it to good use. It is a very…

At the very least that will get me through the qualifications course on the Thursday, and if I need/want to fine tune it I can.

Realistically, I can think of maybe 1-2 scenarios in my city where I would ever take a shot in excess of 65-70 yards. I've used our range finder at the local Walmart, and the longest distance you can see is about 109 yards if memory serves. Anything further than that and we're probably calling in the local SWAT boys.

interesting, i'll go and check that out.

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Gun Thread

Think I’m gonna build a pistol in 5.56 nato using aero precision complete upper and lower in FDE
    Last edited by ThatOneEuroE30; 01-14-2019, 09:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan...
    replied
    Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
    Ryan,

At what distance do you sight in your red dot?
    I haven't done it yet, going to try to get out to the range today or tomorrow.

For now, depending on which range I have access to, I may do the 10 yard zero which would zero it for 50/200 yards:

You may remember Frank Proctor’s method for achieving a 50/200 yard zero at 10 yards with your AR-15 that was mentioned here a few months ago. I have been putting it to good use. It is a very…

At the very least that will get me through the qualifications course on the Thursday, and if I need/want to fine tune it I can.

Realistically, I can think of maybe 1-2 scenarios in my city where I would ever take a shot in excess of 65-70 yards. I've used our range finder at the local Walmart, and the longest distance you can see is about 109 yards if memory serves. Anything further than that and we're probably calling in the local SWAT boys.

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    Ryan,

At what distance do you sight in your red dot?

Leave a comment:

• Ryan...
    replied
    99% finished, only need to get the optic and iron sights sighted in before I can carry on duty.

- BCM Recce 14
    - BCM KAG foregrip
    - Vortex Raptor UH-1
    - Backup iron sights
    - Streamlight Protac rail mounted light
    - Advanced Gunslinger HIT sling III
    - Magpul Gen 2 mags w/Magpul coupler
    -- 2 extra mags to stick in pockets

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ryan...; 01-14-2019, 12:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• eternal24k
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    https://www.facebook.com/texasrunand...location=group

Hmm...should I go

Leave a comment:

• ThatM20Guy
    replied
    Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
    Have any of you guys watched tha Anvil gunsmith videos on YouTube? I am mesmerized by them. Incredible stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...KWJCkVEu4i2HAV
    Thanks for sharing that! Watched the MP-18 parts this morning and absolutely crazy work!

Leave a comment:

• naplesE30
    replied
    Have any of you guys watched tha Anvil gunsmith videos on YouTube? I am mesmerized by them. Incredible stuff.

Leave a comment:

• eternal24k
    replied
    Would you say the Gray Guns trigger is worth it? I was considering getting one for my 226 awhile back but never pulled the trigger.

Late to the AR trigger talk party but I personally run the LaRue MBT-2S in all my guns. My mom has a Geissele (G2s i think?) in one of her rifles and the LaRue holds its own against it, if not better, and the LaRue is ONLY $87. If any of you are looking for a trigger for a new build or swapping I definitely recommend the LaRue.

Check it out:

LaRue MBT-2S
    I have a lot of Geissele, but I would 100% agree that the LaRue is best trigger for the dollar. It's fantastic

Leave a comment:

• naplesE30
    replied
    Would you say the Gray Guns trigger is worth it? I was considering getting one for my 226 awhile back but never pulled the trigger.

Late to the AR trigger talk party but I personally run the LaRue MBT-2S in all my guns. My mom has a Geissele (G2s i think?) in one of her rifles and the LaRue holds its own against it, if not better, and the LaRue is ONLY $87. If any of you are looking for a trigger for a new build or swapping I definitely recommend the LaRue.

Check it out:

LaRue MBT-2S

I bought their competition kit for the 320x5. It definitely lightened the action as advertised. However I need to contact them as the break is like mush. I installed the kit myself, so that may have something to do with it. I am pretty sure the factory striker needs a little polish to make the break crisper. Really, I have just dragged my feet and not reached out to them to see what they have to say. Parts are all high quality and Bruce has built a great reputation, so I am sure they will either fix it or guide me in the right direction. I may even mail my gun into them. I would expect their 226 trigger jobs to be even better than the 320 with it being da/sa. Greyguns seems to have a lot of praise on the sig forums and from what I can tell be favored over apex..... who is probably their main competitor. Parts all look to be high very quality.

Once I get the break squared away it will definitely be worth the $130 for the kit. That’s a small amount to pay for a lifetime of benefit. If you like to change/trade in guns it may not make sense. If you plan on keeping it, and it’s not a carry gun, then hells yeah it’s worth it. I would never do any trigger work on a home defense/carry gun, to much legal gray area if ever used in such a role.

I will try to reach out to Grayguns Mon to see what they say. I needed this motivation.
    Last edited by naplesE30; 01-06-2019, 06:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ThatM20Guy
    replied
    Originally posted by Rob View Post
    I think it might be tough to compare a DA/SA trigger job to striker trigger job
    Yeah I thought of that after I posted it. I guess I was wondering more of the quality of the kit/components.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X