No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I'm talking about small local Coin/Gun shops with one person in the whole place doing everything, and there isn't much to do. I don't know if it was price, or maybe opinion based. Maybe they didn't like threaded .22 barrel kits?

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
      Yeah, I'm talking about small local Coin/Gun shops with one person in the whole place doing everything, and there isn't much to do. I don't know if it was price, or maybe opinion based. Maybe they didn't like threaded .22 barrel kits?
      That might be it. I would guess the expense of carrying the product.

Comment

Nah, I haven't. I was thinking maybe I'll come out and meet/check it out in person. I am really a hands on kind of person, so I wanna see what their stuff feels like, but I like what they are putting down. I tried asking in three local shops, and they told me they wouldn't sell their stuff and wouldn't tell me why, so I thought there might be some reason I am unaware of.
        their website has a dealer locator- throwing out a random zip code there are at least 3 dealers within 50 mi of idaho falls. their main address is boise, which i'm sure you knew.

hth

Comment

Yeah, I know where they are, and I've used the locator. In fact, the one on the list, Ross' Coin/Gun is the one that gave attitude when asking about their product. I still wonder why.

That guys attitude is why I'll drive to Boise and buy from the manufacturer or nearest dealer out there. I don't like supporting assholes.

Comment

Originally posted by mrmckie View Post
            Anyone have an M&P Shield .40 ?? I was thinking of getting one but the recalls are kind off pushing me toward a glock 27 .40 or the g26 9mm. Looking for an concealed everyday carry under $550 in a .40 I've fired both and liked them but was leaning more toward the Shield because of the slimmer profile.
            I've also fired the xds .45 and fell in love with it except that grip saftey was a bit annoying..

Any other recommendations? I'm 5'7 about 165lbs if that helps.
            I have the shield in a 9mm and like it. There are no recals on it, just the older ones.

Comment

Originally posted by justin_l_ View Post
              I have the shield in a 9mm and like it. There are no recals on it, just the older ones.
              gotcha, have you had any jamming issues?
              "I came into this world, not chiefly to make this a good place to live in, but to live in it, be it good or bad" -Henry Thoreau-
              1991 318is - the cruiser
              1989 325i - the rats nest

Comment

I just went through 350 rounds Saturday of assorted 115 grain and not one jam/ftf. Also have gone through about 1000-1200 rounds and have had no mag drop issues.

Comment

Been looking at this. All the reviews have been stellar so far.

I promised myself a 5-speed swap comes before all else though :(
                  1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
                  1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
                  bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

I miss my handgun. Need to get a new one soon. :(

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                    i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                    Originally posted by slammin.e28
                    Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Yeah, I know where they are, and I've used the locator. In fact, the one on the list, Ross' Coin/Gun is the one that gave attitude when asking about their product. I still wonder why.

That guys attitude is why I'll drive to Boise and buy from the manufacturer or nearest dealer out there. I don't like supporting assholes.
                      The Manufacturer doesn't have a store front. JFYI.

Comment

Ah. Well then, nvm on that. I'll just find an in-state sales place that is stocking and go there then.

Comment

Ah. Well then, nvm on that. I'll just find an in-state sales place that is stocking and go there then.
                          Thought that might change your mind.

Comment

Originally posted by mrmckie View Post
                            Anyone have an M&P Shield .40 ?? I was thinking of getting one but the recalls are kind off pushing me toward a glock 27 .40 or the g26 9mm. Looking for an concealed everyday carry under $550 in a .40 I've fired both and liked them but was leaning more toward the Shield because of the slimmer profile.
                            I've also fired the xds .45 and fell in love with it except that grip saftey was a bit annoying..

Any other recommendations? I'm 5'7 about 165lbs if that helps.
                            Don't fret about the recall. If you go with a Shield and it's affected, they'll fix it for free. Super easy to figure out if your gun has the trigger issue.

I bought a Shield in .40 although I wanted the 9mm. basically, the deal was too good to pass up, so now I own my first .40.

Also bought my gf a Glock 26 in 9mm as well. Both shoot very well, although the Shield is a better concealed carry gun hands down. Slim profile and shoots well. Good balance, too. Compared to Glocks and XDS's, which I find too fat and too top-heavy.

If you were taller/bigger, I'd say it doesn't make much of a difference, but it does. The Shield will conceal great on your frame size.

But you really can't go wrong with any of your choices.

Comment

I really liked the 9mm Shield I shot. It was the perfect balance of controllability and concealability for its size. It was a range rental gun and it jammed fairly consistently. Probably every third mag or so it would have a fte. It doesn't sound like its a common problem and it was probably just a combination of being dirty and worn.

Comment

Not gun related but I just had the Anaheim pd called me for my pocket knife! What the shit lol. I didn't even know what she was referring to when the lady stopped me cuz she saw the pocket clip

Fuck California!!!!
                                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                                X