Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back again for some advice:

Right now I have my AR set up with a TLR light at 3 o'clock. Like so:

It works..but I don't love it. I really want it to be more at the 1-2 oclock position that I had it at before I changed handguards:

Right now the only way I can see that I'm able to mount it like this is by either using a 45º offset rail, or by maybe using IWC's radial mount. Basically, I'm wondering if anyone on here has any insight on this, has a 45degree mount they particularly like or has used the IWC one, or any other ideas.

Also, are there any tips or tricks on how to get your butt stock perfectly aligned when tightening down the castle nut? Its driving me crazy.
    <---Goodnight, sweet prince

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.

Originally posted by Brandon12V
    unlikely. too many e46 guys craving Big Fucking Cock

Comment

Originally posted by accident View Post
      I want a light for my Glock, but the thought of having to buy two more holsters makes me sad inside.

I also have a hard on for the Beretta Nano.

Buy second Glock, buy light, buy one new holster. Profit?

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
        Sounds legit!

"Honey, I needed a light for my glock so I bought a whole new set up because they changed the specs on the rail so my original one wouldn't work."
        -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
        08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
        318iS, slow build/garage queen...
        '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
        Originally posted by roguetoaster
        Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by CreamE30 View Post
          Back again for some advice:

Right now I have my AR set up with a TLR light at 3 o'clock. Like so:

It works..but I don't love it. I really want it to be more at the 1-2 oclock position that I had it at before I changed handguards:

Right now the only way I can see that I'm able to mount it like this is by either using a 45º offset rail, or by maybe using IWC's radial mount. Basically, I'm wondering if anyone on here has any insight on this, has a 45degree mount they particularly like or has used the IWC one, or any other ideas.

Also, are there any tips or tricks on how to get your butt stock perfectly aligned when tightening down the castle nut? Its driving me crazy.
          Check out the Thorntail mounts from Haley Strategic, that should solve your problem.

As for the castle nut, I've never had a problem as the buffer tube has a notch for to keep it aligned with the sling plate.

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
            Sounds legit!

"Honey, I needed a light for my glock so I bought a whole new set up because they changed the specs on the rail so my original one wouldn't work."
            BOOM! Sunup and Sundown EDC's. Then you save tactical pocket space on carrying a flashlight. Plus then you'll only have to explain to the nice officer why you were pointing an aimed and loaded weapon at your neighbors cat in your trashcan.

Comment

Plus then you'll only have to explain to the nice officer why you were pointing an aimed and loaded weapon at your neighbors cat in your trashcan.
              Pest control.

Comment

Still two new holsters. One for on the belt and one for inside my waistband.
                Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                Sounds legit!

hahahahaha

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                Originally posted by slammin.e28
                Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Carry a mini surefire in your pocket/on belt. Problem solved.

Comment

Here are my Colt's...

Colt Woodsman .22cal

Colt .45 1911

Looking for a good holster for my 1911 since i plan on using it for my CC. Any suggestions? The 1911 is still very new to me so any mod suggestions are welcome...in particular i'd like to customize the sights since they're stock and difficult to pick up in low-light environments.

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

If your going to mod a 1911 dont do it to that colt, go spend the 600ish bucks on a new basic Springfield 1911 and start putting Willson, or Nighthawk, or even kimber parts in it.....
                      Originally posted by Fusion
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

The best iwb holster for the 1911 I've found is the Milt Sparks VM2. For sights, I prefer Novak though I'd probably find some that don't require slide modification. That's a nice original colt that I would keep relatively stock or at least reversible modifications. On mine I added a wilson combat drop in beavertail, swapped the grips, and it has heirloom precision sights. It's your gun though so do what's best for you. I love the woodsman.

Comment

I have a Wilson featherweight iwb holster that I really like for my 1911. Carry that all the time.

Edit: the Wilson has basically no retention. If you wanted retention, be forewarned. Turn the holstered gun upside down and it will fall right out. Really fast draw though with nothing holding it in.

I'be heard that the vm2 is a really nice rig though on the 1911 forum.
                          Last edited by DER E30; 09-07-2014, 01:29 PM.
                          -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                          08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                          318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                          '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                          Originally posted by roguetoaster
                          Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

The VM2 is a fantastic holster. I have one for my 1911 and P228. Only downside is they're spendy and can take a while to get. I've found the best way to avoid both of those issues is to buy on the secondary market. I found both my VM2s in the arfcom ee.

Comment

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
                              Carry a mini surefire in your pocket/on belt. Problem solved.

I have one of these, but it would be really convenient to combine the two.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                              i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                              Originally posted by slammin.e28
                              Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Having to buy new holsters doesn't sound convenient at all. A gun feels gigantic with a light hanging off the front. I could see it as a nightstand gun, but I wouldn't want to shove that much shit in my waistband. I also don't like having to point my gun at anything that I want to illuminate. All personal preference of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X