No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To the guys who offered some help on shipping bits, thanks guys. I have done a 180deg and am in the process of getting a Sig P250 C and in stock form it's pretty good and no need for some spares as it's brand new

Comment

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
      Having to buy new holsters doesn't sound convenient at all. A gun feels gigantic with a light hanging off the front. I could see it as a nightstand gun, but I wouldn't want to shove that much shit in my waistband. I also don't like having to point my gun at anything that I want to illuminate. All personal preference of course.
      It would probably end up only carrying the light on the nightstand, but you can illuminate someone without pointing the light directly at them. With the brighter lights pointing it at the floor is sufficient.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
      i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
      Originally posted by slammin.e28
      Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

The best iwb holster for the 1911 I've found is the Milt Sparks VM2. For sights, I prefer Novak though I'd probably find some that don't require slide modification. That's a nice original colt that I would keep relatively stock or at least reversible modifications. On mine I added a wilson combat drop in beavertail, swapped the grips, and it has heirloom precision sights. It's your gun though so do what's best for you. I love the woodsman.

How much for the ZT0302?! I wantz it!
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Lol I bought it when they came out because I had a hard on for anything FDE. I never bought it with the intent of selling it. I still don't know why ZT discontinued such a popular color option. I'm sure it could be pried out of my hands for a price, but they can be had cheaper than what I would want. There was one on bladeforum for ~$350 not too long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by xAZxE30x View Post
            How much for the ZT0302?! I wantz it!
            dude for what those sell for in FDE you can get a Spartan Akribis in FDE for similar to a little bit more money. A Much cooler and more user friendly from a maintenance perspective IMO those compound concave blades are a PIA to sharpen.
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Lol I bought it when they came out because I had a hard on for anything FDE. I never bought it with the intent of selling it. I still don't know why ZT discontinued such a popular color option. I'm sure it could be pried out of my hands for a price, but they can be had cheaper than what I would want. There was one on bladeforum for ~$350 not too long ago.
              Lol yeah I've wanted one for a long time but since I can pick up a 301 for cheaper that's what I plan on doing. But mmm the fde is nice!!
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                dude for what those sell for in FDE you can get a Spartan Akribis in FDE for similar to a little bit more money. A Much cooler and more user friendly from a maintenance perspective IMO those compound concave blades are a PIA to sharpen.

I will check those out! If I were really to spend a penny or two, I would love a Strider Sng

Comment

There definitely is a learning curve. Spyderco sharpmaker makes quick work of it now.

Comment

If your going to mod a 1911 dont do it to that colt, go spend the 600ish bucks on a new basic Springfield 1911 and start putting Willson, or Nighthawk, or even kimber parts in it.....
                    Not really interested in tarting up my 1911..just entertaining ideas if people wanted to share them. I don't need another gun, so dropping 6hundo on a springfield isn't likely...

Really just want better sights and whatever i do will be reversible.

The best iwb holster for the 1911 I've found is the Milt Sparks VM2. For sights, I prefer Novak though I'd probably find some that don't require slide modification. That's a nice original colt that I would keep relatively stock or at least reversible modifications. On mine I added a wilson combat drop in beavertail, swapped the grips, and it has heirloom precision sights. It's your gun though so do what's best for you. I love the woodsman.

I like the VM2 a lot, might have to grab one. Thanks for the heads up. Still looking for ideas for the sights but im in no rush..

The woodsman is pretty cool. Semi-auto .22 with a 10 round clip. I had the original mag springs in both clips tempered by a gun smith cuz it wasn't fast enough for the action and was having jamming issues. Now it's aces. Fires so quickly. It's a fun little gun for being soo old. Was my grandfather's before WWII and has been in the family since.

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                    I have a Wilson featherweight iwb holster that I really like for my 1911. Carry that all the time.

Edit: the Wilson has basically no retention. If you wanted retention, be forewarned. Turn the holstered gun upside down and it will fall right out. Really fast draw though with nothing holding it in.

I'be heard that the vm2 is a really nice rig though on the 1911 forum.
                    Noted.

The VM2 is a fantastic holster. I have one for my 1911 and P228. Only downside is they're spendy and can take a while to get. I've found the best way to avoid both of those issues is to buy on the secondary market. I found both my VM2s in the arfcom ee.
                    I'll look around.

Thanks for the advice fellas!

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

I want a Benchmade Infidel so much.

Moral of this story?

Comment

http://www.botach.com/magpul-pmag-mo...0rd-magazines/ $9.95 each minimum purchase of 3

Moral of this story?

Comment

Originally posted by accident View Post

Be careful ordering from them, they dont have the best business model.
                          Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                            Be careful ordering from them, they dont have the best business model.
                            Agreed, they are somewhere between Cheaper Than Dirt and Palmetto State. Not worth the few dollars per mag savings waiting weeks to months for product that is "in stock" to ship. Give some reputable and responsive online vendors your business, personally I've had great experiences with AIM Surplus, Primary Arms and Grabagun.

Comment

does anyone know where i can legally shoot outdoors in SoCal?

some buddies and i are trying to shoot this weekend and are trying to go out and pop some off in the desert but where can we do that in the realm of the law?

1991 325i
                              flickr
                              @sambhaskins

Comment

Oh wouldn't this just be the greatest loophole ever?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/162...io.html&page=1

Comment

Working...
                                X