Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• naplesE30
    replied
    Ordered up a dead air sandman-s from silencer shop today. Going with their single shot trust. Hopefully it will be out of jail by this time next year. Figured I better get the ball rolling now as I’m sure the panic buying will be ensuing soon.

Leave a comment:

• myinfernalbmw
    replied
    Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post

Its a 30-30 here are some pics
    Definitely a nice score. Congrats dude that is rad.

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    I am not a 5.56 guy, and have enough projects laying around, and so on.... That said I am SO considering getting one of these and getting a stamp for it for a SBR and of course will then need a 22cal CAN to go on the end of it. Just so Beto can have his name on the NFA register with a SBR attached to it

I just wish they would have done a better graphic. Like something that was actually Beto-esque.

Click image for larger version

Name:	NUqceQm.png
Views:	457
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	9870801

Leave a comment:

• mrsleeve
    replied
    I am not a 5.56 guy, and have enough projects laying around, and so on.... That said I am SO considering getting one of these and getting a stamp for it for a SBR and of course will then need a 22cal CAN to go on the end of it. Just so Beto can have his name on the NFA register with a SBR attached to it

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
    What caliber? I was the caretaker of my buddy's 1892 for about a year while he was out of state and they're great guns. I wouldn't personally pay the extra Winchester tax over a perfectly functional Marlin or Henry at half the price, but I would still be happy to own one.

Lets see them pics!
    Its a 30-30 here are some pics

Leave a comment:

• myinfernalbmw
    replied
    What caliber? I was the caretaker of my buddy's 1892 for about a year while he was out of state and they're great guns. I wouldn't personally pay the extra Winchester tax over a perfectly functional Marlin or Henry at half the price, but I would still be happy to own one.

Lets see them pics!

Leave a comment:

• ThatOneEuroE30
    replied
    Inherited a winchester model 94 pre 64 judging by serial number its a 1960. Anyone else have one?

Leave a comment:

• amyacker
    replied
    Originally posted by Kilawin View Post
    Sig Sauer 320 .40 cal w/ night sights
    Just wondering, why not in .40? I have one as well in 9mm and love it but considered the .40 back when I picked it up.

Leave a comment:

• mrsleeve
    replied
    I was thinking BB out of a .177 cal pellet rifle. I agree a .22 cal hit is going to be a mortal wound, powder or air driven

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
    This post was prompted because the other day I snagged a squirrel that had evidence of not 1, but 2 pass throughs that had healed. I'm not looking to wound or cause unnecessary pain. So I want to find the most consistent, expanding ammo I can while staying subsonic.
    Impressive, sounds like air rifle injuries, normally a .22 hit on a fleshy bit will not be survivable for a small rodent. Also, an admirable goal to find a good mix of quiet and reliably deadly with other than a solid hit.

Leave a comment:

• Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    I'm using a ruger american .22 bolt action with my form 1 .30 can on it.

It's wierd, because if I shoot free hand, they usually drop. But I've taken a few shots when bracing against something and end up missing or wounding.

I'm sure the bolt action is more accurate than I am. So just looking to tighten up the groups a bit and go with something that will do some damage even if I don't hit vitals.

This post was prompted because the other day I snagged a squirrel that had evidence of not 1, but 2 pass throughs that had healed. I'm not looking to wound or cause unnecessary pain. So I want to find the most consistent, expanding ammo I can while staying subsonic.

I can be loud where I'm at, and often shoot Clay's with the shotgun. But, I prefer to stay quiet when I can.

Leave a comment:

• naplesE30
    replied
    I have had good success with federal automatch with my 10/22. It has been reliable and fairly accurate. However, it is not subsonic nor a hp..... but would certainly put down a squirrel humanely.

My little M17 pellet pistol is racking up the toads. I am up to ten now. I saw a big mamma jamma last night when walking the dog. Ran in to get the pg to take care of him.....and when I came back he was like a fart in the wind...gone. He will get his medicine tonight if I see him.

Leave a comment:

• mrsleeve
    replied
    Growing up I NEVER had issues with 22LR for squirrel hunting, I used an at the time old Rem 581 bolt action 22 for the job, a 22LR in a good long barrel thats not been worn out should be fairly accurate inside 85 yards. Your not going to put every shot through the same hole with a 125 dollar 10/22 at 50+ years IME but I do agree that try some other ammos and see what your gun likes, in general CCI used to be the go to for rimfire, but I have had diminishing results with them for a long while now, so I have been using what ever was on sale when plinking with a 22lr and mine seems to shoot federals as well the CCI's anymore.

You guys with the reptile/amphibian issues in FL, look into a good .22cal Pellet rifle, you can get them shooting about 800fps with a 15-20gr pellet, if that wont dispatch a toad (unless its the size of a Trash panda) your going to have to look into powder driven projectiles. I would think those speeds and energies would also work pretty well an smaller to medium sized iguanas as well, and larger ones with head shots, a lot of guys use air rifles for pest control all over the pace and especially in places where traditional powder driven projectiles are all but banned (IE europe) hell I know a couple of guys around where I live that prefer the 22 pellet rifle around where I live to keep the ground squirrels in check, because its quitter (get more the one shot sometimes), and wont carry to the neighbors house as easy, and when you have urban California types moved in next door, the cops are called when gun fire happens.

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
    Need some recommendations for a accurate, subsonic, .22 HP.

The cci standard round nose I'm using isn't very consistent, and unless it is a head shot, it doesn't do the job well on squirrels.
    what are you shooting it out of? I assume you're shooting it out of a suppressor? If you are shooting it out of a pistol standard velocity should be fine.

I thought CCI was pretty good. I mean out of the ammo I use it seems to be the best.

I would then start buying different brands and seeing what your gun likes the most then.

Leave a comment:

• Exodus_2pt0
    replied
    Need some recommendations for a accurate, subsonic, .22 HP.

The cci standard round nose I'm using isn't very consistent, and unless it is a head shot, it doesn't do the job well on squirrels.

Leave a comment:

• myinfernalbmw
    replied
    Picked up my 81 at my FFL today. I'm very happy with it. The slide has a few small dings and one freckle of rust that cleaned up with some oil, but the finish is otherwise perfect. The frame has some edge wear around the trigger guard as well, but I should be able to touch it up easily. The internals look brand new and I'd be surprised if it had more than 100 rounds through it in it's life as a prison guard.

If AIM surplus finds more "select' grade guns I'll probably pick up a second. Should be able to get out and shoot it Monday so I'll update on how it runs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X