Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TeXJ
    replied
    I too have been looking at getting the gen3 PSA ak47.

From the reviews on youtube, it seems to be a solid gun.

For me it's gonna be my, every now and then gun to shoot. If I could afford one, I totally would get one. The one with the red wood furniture looks pimp.

Leave a comment:

• naplesE30
    replied
    Thinking about getting a PSAK-47 G3 for my first, and only commie semi. What are your guys thoughts and experiences if you were to only have one AK? I really don’t want to get a AK that end up having a canted front sight as that would drive me crazy every time I see it, and eat at me.

Leave a comment:

• myinfernalbmw
    replied
    That new law didn't address ammo components though correct? Just wondering if CA inadvertently created a new generation of reloaders.

Leave a comment:

• ky0u
    replied
    Whelp, as of the 1st, California now requires a full BG check/wait period for simple ammo purchases.

Leave a comment:

• naplesE30
    replied
    I wouldn’t invest in new Pmags specifically for 300b. Both 5.56 and 300 b use the same case. The 300 is just necked down a fuzz. However, the part of the casing that makes contact with the mag feed ramps is the same size. I’m guessing his mag is just a bit out of spec, or if it was hot and may have flexed a bit and let a round slip past. I uses the clear lancers mainly because it would damn near be impossible to mistake them for my 5.56 Pmags and mess up my AR.

If you do buy some new mags get some that are easily distinguishable from the ones you use to run 5.56 especially if you let others shoot your gear. That way you can spot it immediately if someone grabs the wrong mag.
    Last edited by naplesE30; 07-09-2019, 01:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• acolella76
    replied
    It definitely could be the plastic feed ramps. I was thinking that it had something to do with using goofy ammo in a 5.56 mag. I know it works 99.99% of the time but maybe whatever ammo he was using didn't quite mesh. I noticed Magpul makes a .300BO pmag, maybe that is worth a try.

Leave a comment:

• myinfernalbmw
    replied
    Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
    You can. I’m guessing the plastic Pmag feed lips are the reason for the issues. I have been using the clear/smoked lancer mags with metal reinforced lips to good effect for my 300blk plinking.
    Magpul should totally add metal reinforcements to Gen 4 pmags. I think that is the biggest weakness for current pmags. While most people aren't ever going to shoot enough for them to go bad, but years of improper storage can be a real problem for them. It still amazes me how many people don't know that little removable clip on top of pmags is for storage.

Leave a comment:

• naplesE30
    replied
    You can. I’m guessing the plastic Pmag feed lips are the reason for the issues. I have been using the clear/smoked lancer mags with metal reinforced lips to good effect for my 300blk plinking.

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    I thought you could use 300BO with 5.56/223 mags?

Leave a comment:

• acolella76
    replied
    Interesting malfunction in my buddy's .300blk the other day... I've heard about brass over bolt malfunctions when using 5.56 PMags with .300, but figured it was a forum myth. Well it happened. The jam was a breeze to clear and the gun ran fine the rest of the day, although the offending Pmag is now back to 5.56 duty.

Leave a comment:

• eternal24k
    replied
    Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
    Yeah, I'll probably just go with an AK

dully noted! Now to just get the wife on board... lol
    Also look into the VZ-58, better ergonomics and light weight.

Leave a comment:

• TeXJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
    If you want to shoot 7.62x39, then buy an AK!

I've been tossing around the idea of trying out another. I had one briefly a while back. Kind of want to give it another shot.

Friend of mine has talked about burying a SKS with a couple spam cans of 7.62 lol.
    Yeah, I'll probably just go with an AK

Originally posted by eternal24k View Post
    I would 100% not do an AR in 7.62x39, the mags suck and they are expensive. The platform in general is not great for commbloc ammo, hard on extractors, need extra power springs for hard primers (which means stiffer trigger), and the lacquer gums up in the AR chamber/bolt lugs.

I think the 74 is the best AKM, 5.45 is still cheap and is much more enjoyable than 7.62x39 to shoot and is an overall better performing cartridge. I have some die-hard AK fans, they all prefer the 5.45.

I have only one AK now, it's 7.62x39, because I wanted East German and I couldn't find a 5.45 parts kit for the life of me, but If I were to do it again, would absolutely go 5.45.

But for your point of ammo commonality with your SKS, get an AK.
    dully noted! Now to just get the wife on board... lol

Leave a comment:

• naplesE30
    replied
    I can vouch for Grayguns making quality stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan...
    replied
    Originally posted by Rob View Post
    Not a bad price, might give that a try!

Leave a comment:

• Rob
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
    Fantastic :D

Only brought it out once, put about 200 rounds down range, significantly more enjoyable than the VP9 for me!

Just sayin :devil:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X