Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turboeta View Post
    This is going to be my first gun purchase...
    I'm not sure if an aluminum-frame, Officer's-sized pistol would be the best choice for your very first gun. If you insist on a 1911, you'll have LOTS more fun learning to shoot with a full-sized, steel-frame model.

Originally posted by e30s52 View Post
    Thats what I hate about 1911's. Everytime I shoot one I want to buy it. Have you had any problems with it jamming?
    This is probably the biggest urban legend about 1911's. They're some of he most reliable pistols on the market. Stories of unreliable 1911's can almost always be explained by one or both of the following variables:
    1. amateur "gunsmiths" who try to "tune" their pistols with a Dremel in one hand and a Brownell's catalog in the other
    2. limp-wristing

If you use a proper hold and avoid the temptation to "mod" the gun, a 1911 will be dead reliable. Even a compact model: I've got a cheap Springfield Compact that feeds everything from 185gr LSWC target loads to 230gr JHP defensive loads without a hiccup. If you know 1911's, you know that these are the loads that are notorious for failures to feed (especially the 185gr LSWC, which barely has enough power to cycle the slide).
    sigpic
    1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
    2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

/\ It jamed on me a few times but I think the problem was the magazine and not the gun.

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Get tripp or wilson mags.

Comment

My wilson mag is quite nice. I was shooting reload ammo too.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
          ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Originally posted by Emre View Post
            Stories of unreliable 1911's can almost always be explained by one or both of the following variables:
            1. amateur "gunsmiths" who try to "tune" their pistols with a Dremel in one hand and a Brownell's catalog in the other
            2. limp-wristing
            Originally posted by e30s52 View Post
            /\ It jamed on me a few times but I think the problem was the magazine and not the gun.
            You're right. I forgot to mention:

3. Use high quality magazines

I agree that Wilson makes probably the best mags on the market (I'ev never tried Tripp). But I've never had problems with Colt mags: they're usually very easy to find and quite affordable.
            sigpic
            1987 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16: Vintage Racer
            2010 BMW (E90) 335xi sedan: Grocery Getter

Comment

Originally posted by Emre View Post
              You're right. I forgot to mention:

3. Use high quality magazines

I agree that Wilson makes probably the best mags on the market (I'ev never tried Tripp). But I've never had problems with Colt mags: they're usually very easy to find and quite affordable.
              My Colt magazine worked fine other than the slide would not stay open when the magazine was empty. Not sure what the deal is. Probably worn out.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
              ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Yeeeeeeeeee hawwwwwwwww
                i will get my moms g35 and monkey stomp your ass she has a k&n air filter your sr20det on 20 lbs cant fuck with it

Comment

Originally posted by retardotyler View Post
                  Yeeeeeeeeee hawwwwwwwww
                  UMmmm did you get lost or something? Go back to the granola thread.

~ John Adams ~

Comment

i want a turrettt

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
                      UMmmm did you get lost or something? Go back to the granola thread.
                      WHOA. take it easy.
                      Last edited by retardotyler; 04-27-2015, 12:59 AM.
                      i will get my moms g35 and monkey stomp your ass she has a k&n air filter your sr20det on 20 lbs cant fuck with it

Comment

Originally posted by retardotyler View Post
                        WHOA. take it easy. hands off the weapon, seriously brah. :borg:
                        No srsly brah, are you California hacks even allowed to have pellet guns?

Comment

Why is another obamabot in here?

www.gutenparts.com
                          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

FNG If you dont like Guns GTFO this thread
                            Originally posted by Fusion
                            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                            William Pitt-

Comment

Could the people from the No-Rights State stay out of this thread. I don't want you guys getting scared. IF you do choose to be in here we'll need a signed permission slip from your local sheriff.

Moving along, I bought more stuff......

- Knights Armament Company (KAC) forward grip
                              - Larue BUIS (Did I say that already...cause I already have it as well as the KAC grip)
                              - KAC hand guard covers
                              - 10-8 grips for my 1911
                              - more Ranger plates
                              - lots-O-bullets

~ John Adams ~

Comment

I am still waiting on mine, and I am on the edge of ordering a ton of reloading stuff, and getting back into that again
                                Originally posted by Fusion
                                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                                William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X