No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont clubs pat people down? Or was that a joke...
    sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
      Dont clubs pat people down? Or was that a joke...
      It was a terrible joke and I'm sorry.
      world renown Harry Potter expert
      sigpic

Comment

looks like it may be designed for pocket carry too. nice holster!

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
        i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
        Originally posted by slammin.e28
        Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

What do people think about the PGW Coyote?

Link: http://www.pgwdti.com/coyote/

Comment

Originally posted by cwatt View Post
            What do people think about the PGW Coyote?

Link: http://www.pgwdti.com/coyote/

I like it... It'd be nice in a 300 Win Mag or 7mm Magnum. Or a caliber similar to that.
            Originally posted by flyboyx
            how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
            Originally posted by Northern
            beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
            Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
            Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
            '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
            Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Well I caved and bought a PSA complete upper. I was going to piece one together but I figured I'd be better off learning on something cheap and upgrading it down the road when I get better. Much like building a track car.

Here it is in all its glory. BCG isn't installed and I still need to buy a charging handle and some magazines. And a sight too I guess lol
              -Alex

Comment

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
                Well I caved and bought a PSA complete upper. I was going to piece one together but I figured I'd be better off learning on something cheap and upgrading it down the road when I get better. Much like building a track car.

Here it is in all its glory. BCG isn't installed and I still need to buy a charging handle and some magazines. And a sight too I guess lol
                What did that run you if you don't mind me asking?
                sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
                  What did that run you if you don't mind me asking?
                  Here's the breakdown:

Anderson stripped lower: $50
                  PSA Blackhawk lower build kit & fire control group: $100
                  PSA BCG: $100
                  PSA CMV 16" upper (w/o bcg or charging handle): $260

So $510 plus another $150 or so on mags, charging handle, and sights.
                  -Alex

Comment

that's a ridiculously reasonable price. kinda kicking myself for spending so damn much on a piece... at least it's cool, i guess :(

so hey, guys, trying to think of a good "desk gun". concealed carry just doesn't happen in MD, so even if it's a big frame piece it's OK. i'm very partial to stainless DA 357s, though if someone has a better suggestion i'm all ears.

ideal piece:

Comment

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
                      Here's the breakdown:

Anderson stripped lower: $50
                      PSA Blackhawk lower build kit & fire control group: $100
                      PSA BCG: $100
                      PSA CMV 16" upper (w/o bcg or charging handle): $260

So $510 plus another $150 or so on mags, charging handle, and sights.
                      Primary arms is having 15% off on charging handles right now till monday.

I've heard Taurus is crap on another forum but have no personal experience with them...
                      -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                      08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                      318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                      '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                      Originally posted by roguetoaster
                      Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

interesting... i've always heard that they're underrated. though maybe if uncle sam is nice to me during tax refund season i'll pick up a S&W variant instead :D

Comment

My friend has a Taurus PT840. He likes it.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
                          i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
                          Originally posted by slammin.e28
                          Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Gun Thread

Originally posted by jalopi View Post
                            that's a ridiculously reasonable price. kinda kicking myself for spending so damn much on a piece... at least it's cool, i guess :(

so hey, guys, trying to think of a good "desk gun". concealed carry just doesn't happen in MD, so even if it's a big frame piece it's OK. i'm very partial to stainless DA 357s, though if someone has a better suggestion i'm all ears.

ideal piece:

My Ruger P89 is a good one, manageable recoil and solid accuracy, Ruger build quality, and very ergonomic feel.

My mom has a Beretta 92T .40cal that is a very nice gun as well. Shoots very nice, strong Beretta 92 platform (Same as M9). Stainless steel which makes cleaning very easy.

Things I like about the Ruger, it's a fully ambidextrous, mag release and safety on both sides, lightweight compared to the Beretta, 9mm is cheap and abundant. Gun feels good in your hand with the ergonomic grip. Tough as nails

Things I don't like: Trigger is a bit heavy, mag release can be a bit annoying, the button itself is heavy and doesn't feel very smooth. It's kind of a pain to clean. Nothing to major, just some annoyances.

Things I like about the Beretta: More stopping power with the .40cal, easy to clean, ambidextrous safety, all the buttons/switches (mag release, slide release, safety) are feel nice and are ergonomic in placement, it feels like an extension of your arm much like a 1911. It's also tough as nails. Trigger is nice and tight, And it is a breeze to clean.

Things I don't like: no ambidextrous mag release. It's a bit heavier than the Ruger. That's really all I can think of.

They can both be had relatively cheaply, they are pretty common, and are both common calibers.

Last edited by HennaE30; 01-15-2015, 03:54 PM.
                            Originally posted by flyboyx
                            how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                            Originally posted by Northern
                            beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                            Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                            Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                            '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                            Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

FNX 9/40/45 ??? I've handled a 40 in a shop and liked the feel.

Although nothing is quite as scary as a big shiny wheelgun, short of a 12 gauge.
                              -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                              08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                              318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                              '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                              Originally posted by roguetoaster
                              Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
                                that's a pretty sweet piece. though if i was gonna get something like that/a semi it'd be a 9, ammo cost/availability and recoil are big factors for me

Comment

Working...
                                X