No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smonk: As far as 40 goes yes its a good round in plentiful supply (as mach as anything right now). I just come from the old school of thought is all bigger, heavier and slow = lots of kentic energy imparted onto target. 9mm is small and fast as is 357sig and 40 is right there too.

The little woman wants to get a 40 for a carry gun, once we get all the shit squared away here in IA and can jump through all the sheriffs hoops to even apply for a 1 year CCW we will see.

I have some love for the ruger as my 44mag is a red hawk but other than that I dont have any other.

All that said I am still waiting on my matching SANJUI I think thats how you spell it lowers in both .223 and .308. They are made by a local machine shop in Kalispell MT and all machined out of forged billet and the quality is 2ed to non, and reasonably priced $225 for a stripped .223 and $ 335 for a stripped .308.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

only 1 year CCW?
      ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yup Iowa is a may issue state. Issue is left entirely up the county sheriffs, if he dose not like your brand of TP you dont get a permit,or you get one with what ever restrictions he wishes to attach to it which can render it all but useless. On top of that they have to be renewed every 12 months, and can be denied at any time for ANY reason. and to buy a pistol you also have to get a permit to purchase (also only good for 12 months) form the sheriff as well.

I will say it again I moved here under huge protest form Montana and I am counting the days till I can go back to there. I HATE this place, the people here are great dotn get me wrong there, I just cant stand the gun laws, taxes, speed limits are way too slow, The GD wind turbines ahhhhh I just rather not think about it as I am getting way off topic here sorry
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yup Iowa is a may issue state. Issue is left entirely up the county sheriffs, if he dose not like your brand of TP you dont get a permit,or you get one with what ever restrictions he wishes to attach to it which can render it all but useless. On top of that they have to be renewed every 12 months, and can be denied at any time for ANY reason. and to buy a pistol you also have to get a permit to purchase (also only good for 12 months) form the sheriff as well.

I will say it again I moved here under huge protest form Montana and I am counting the days till I can go back to there. I HATE this place, the people here are great dotn get me wrong there, I just cant stand the gun laws, taxes, speed limits are way too slow, The GD wind turbines ahhhhh I just rather not think about it as I am getting way off topic here sorry
          dang sorry to hear that. I had no idea it was like that there. We have to get a pistol permit in NC but its good for 5 years. Sounds like you aren't much better off than being in CA.
          ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes in regards to CCW its crappy as shit here, but there are not stupid rules banning EBR's or high cap mags semi auto rifle accessories and stuff like that so it is better than CA just by a little bit. Its just the stupid CCW and permit to purchase laws oh yeah no open carry at all other than you own property, and no CCW while Bow hunting thanks to the DNR want to make sure you kill it with the bow not the snubby .38 in you belt.

I really miss the open carry laws in MT, so even if you shirt or coat blows open you are still legal or if you print a touch too much and some one spots it you are legal. Had my coat blow open once and a CA import lady freaked out on me demanding to know why I had a gun at the grocery store.

William Pitt-

Comment

you should apply for an out of state Florida CCW permit. Its now good up to 7 years and works in almost all states. You should check it out!
              Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

That will work only if IA has reciprocity rules. And it's funny how some states will recognise and some won't. It's not a big deal till have to go thru one state to get to another.

Comment

Thanks Vdub its on the list to get a out of state FL UT and PA permits. The thing is that IA has no reciprocity with any other state at all you have to have one from IA to carry here. With the IA, FL,UT,PA permits, will let me carry in all but the usual crop New England states NE, OR, CA and the commie states of IL and WI

I spend a bunch of my time in MI where they will accept any state's permit so long as you are a resident of one of the states you have a permit for, if your state issues. Since IA is a may issue to carry in MI I have to have a IA permit.

PA is an easy outta state to get all you have to do is show them your resident state permit and there you go you have a PA outta state for the small fee, 26 bucks I think and you can do it all by fax or even mail.

I have a few more days till I have to turn in my MT permit, its gonna be a sad day for me to send that back.
                  Last edited by mrsleeve; 05-24-2009, 03:15 PM.

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
                    Strokemiester, I'm not trying to have some war between you and I. You like guns, so that's good. I'm just disagreeing. Just trying to keep the Gun Thread Uber-Strong!

What is white oak? Oh you mean White Oak Armament (I'm obviously being an ass because of the Dan Brown thing). Nothing wrong with WOA, but I don't see why you say they're so superior? Noveske and Larue have polygonal rifle which is the cat's meow and Mil Spec M249 Machine Gun barrel steel, with heavy M249 Chrome Lining, (appx. 2 times as thick as an M4 or M16).

If you want to give me shit and say woulda shoulda coulda, you could say I should have bought something from LMT, which is a vast amount of bang for my buck. Once you lose the guessing game. $600 bucks for an upper like mine?? Not unless you've been up for a week with you lips on the glass dick. By the way I only paid $850 total for it (that includes shipping).

What would I really love to have? An upper with a monolithic rail platform that shoots rainbows and is carved from a unicorns vagina ivory. Seriously though I don't get why you hate on Sabre so much? They make .50 machine gun barrels for the military and they have a good product for a good price.

Lastly, the deal was to show me your mystery barrel/upper in stock. You can't just go "You should have bought a Noveske upper with your time machine two years ago when they cost ****". Its like this; I would love to have a Magpul UBR stock or even more so a Magpul m93b stock, but they are unicorn vagina's and can't be found right now...so what do I have? A "WTB" ad on ARFcom and 5 other stocks that aren't those two.

Speaking of unicorns and PKfirearms which I love (thanks Vedubbin for leading an addict to his favorite drug in easy supply) they have 2 Noveske barrels styles in stock:
                    - Noveske 10.5 Inch CQB $455
                    - Noveske 14.5 Inch Afghan $550
                    and they got some Young Manufacturing BCG's in!! or you could get one of the iced out DPMS TiN ones, which I'm sure are good too. oooo they just got in the Magpul MBUS sights...those would go great on my new garbage upper. Anyone have experience with them? I like the Troy BUIS' but they cost a lot more.

WTB: Milspec buffer tube

oooo you know what I'd love? This:

"Hey dude why didn't you buy one of these? Way more gnar gnar bro".

ANd here be some learning of you heathens:

I never nocked sabre defense I want one of there uppers. I just cant understand why there msrp is so over the top. I was looking at geting there 6.5 grendel upper but its to high now that AA and addax tactical are offer gpu uppers and the new aa is a monolithic rail. OR I could build my own witha barrel from satern.

IM not trying to argue with you. when I asked you wat you want for your upper you just sent me the link to there website with the msrp. 850 waws a good price I just think over a grand would be too much for that upper. with the market the way it is you could make some money on your upper on calguns.net bcm uppers were selling for like 750.

so what would you want for your upper 900? I have a friend thats interrested.
                    84 318I Delphin RIP
                    87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
                    89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

I haven't heard anything about the Ruger AR15 but I'm curious now.

i like it because it has most of the goodies. only items i would add is a light, and a Aimpoint with a magnifier on a swivel mount.

another question i might have on it is. its a piston gun which is good. but my s&w mp15t i sold was closer to mil spec short of having chrome feed ramps like the colt. but it was gas blowback. if i converted it to piston i wonder which is the better value?

Comment

Originally posted by smonkbmw View Post
                        http://www.ruger-firearms.com/SR556/index.html

i like it because it has most of the goodies. only items i would add is a light, and a Aimpoint with a magnifier on a swivel mount.

another question i might have on it is. its a piston gun which is good. but my s&w mp15t i sold was closer to mil spec short of having chrome feed ramps like the colt. but it was gas blowback. if i converted it to piston i wonder which is the better value?
                        Nice, I'm a believer :D

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                        ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Here's my contribution to this thread:

Comment

Originally posted by rockchic22 View Post
                            Here's my contribution to this thread:
                            More please :o :up:

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                            ~ John Adams ~

Comment

More please :o :up:
                              yes this :)

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                                Smonk: As far as 40 goes yes its a good round in plentiful supply (as mach as anything right now). I just come from the old school of thought is all bigger, heavier and slow = lots of kentic energy imparted onto target. 9mm is small and fast as is 357sig and 40 is right there too.

The little woman wants to get a 40 for a carry gun, once we get all the shit squared away here in IA and can jump through all the sheriffs hoops to even apply for a 1 year CCW we will see.

I have some love for the ruger as my 44mag is a red hawk but other than that I dont have any other.

All that said I am still waiting on my matching SANJUI I think thats how you spell it lowers in both .223 and .308. They are made by a local machine shop in Kalispell MT and all machined out of forged billet and the quality is 2ed to non, and reasonably priced $225 for a stripped .223 and $ 335 for a stripped .308.

What platform Is the .308 for armalite or dpms? do they have a website?

and if anyone has one Im looking for a mauser 98 action
                                84 318I Delphin RIP
                                87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
                                89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Working...
                                X