Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
    I was torn between the stainless and the black mark IV. The stainless frame is much heavier than the black, which uses an aluminum frame. If it was just me shooting it, I would have gone with the heavier SS version, but kid and wifey will appreciate the lighter aluminum.

The Mark IV breaks down so easily for cleaning it was a no brainer for me. Its literally like taking apart an o/u shotgun easy. Huge if you are shooting a bunch at the range, and need to give the gun a lil love for reliability. I hear the earlier Mark versions would test ones faith when field stripping to clean.
    I was under the impression that even the stainless version had a "stainless finish" aluminum frame? I must have read that wrong when I looked them up. I guess that is a plus then for me as I prefer the weight of an all steel gun on the target models. For kids I can definitely see the benefit of a lighter option though.

I think the field stripping complaints of the earlier models were totally blown out of proportion. There is a learning curve, but once you did it a few times it wasn't difficult at all. Just having to push a button on the back of the frame is obviously a lot more user friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
      I was under the impression that even the stainless version had a "stainless finish" aluminum frame? I must have read that wrong when I looked them up. I guess that is a plus then for me as I prefer the weight of an all steel gun on the target models. For kids I can definitely see the benefit of a lighter option though.

I think the field stripping complaints of the earlier models were totally blown out of proportion. There is a learning curve, but once you did it a few times it wasn't difficult at all. Just having to push a button on the back of the frame is obviously a lot more user friendly.

It's a substantial difference when you hold them.

Comment

Originally posted by naplesE30 View Post
        Just picked up a Mark IV target today. Looking forward to some ammo savings. Feels very solid, and well made.
        Nice I've been looking into .22 pistols for target practice. I have a lot of .22lr sitting around. I haven't bought one though because it's just not fun to shoot around here, I'm really tired of the indoor ranges and the outdoor ranges are far away. Other than one which is owned by the sheriff's office and only open for the public for 15 days total this year... Shitty. Really looking forward to this being completed: http://myfwc.com/hunting/safety-educ...ges/Palm-Beach

IG @turbovarg
        '91 318is, M20 turbo
        [CoTM: 4-18]
        '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
        - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
          Nice I've been looking into .22 pistols for target practice. I have a lot of .22lr sitting around. I haven't bought one though because it's just not fun to shoot around here, I'm really tired of the indoor ranges and the outdoor ranges are far away. Other than one which is owned by the sheriff's office and only open for the public for 15 days total this year... Shitty. Really looking forward to this being completed: http://myfwc.com/hunting/safety-educ...ges/Palm-Beach
          I've read about that range. Looks to be pretty sweet when completed. Hope they staff it properly. The FWC range by me can be like the wild west at times. Some seriously irresponsible shooters. I just pick up and leave when I see poor muzzle discipline. They have one range officer for the entire complex on duty at a time. The local sheriff range by me has one range officer for every 2 shooters, it's free, safe, and the deputies are pretty cool overall. Sat before I left the range the deputy at my table had me load my ccw weapon mag at the table since I didn't have an extra in my car. He says to me "always keep a mag in the car loaded so when you leave your never unarmed." Didn't expect to hear that.

Comment

I think I want to get the Sig P365...seems to be a lot of hoopla around it though...
            1990 325is
            m52b28
            3.73lsd
            g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Seems like it's a piece of junk from what I've been reading, watched a video on military arms channel recently about it and it just failed out of nowhere.

IG @turbovarg
              '91 318is, M20 turbo
              [CoTM: 4-18]
              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
              - updated 3-17

Comment

Yeah, I saw that one as well. Supposedly they have fixed those issues. A lot of others are saying they aren't having any issues with a lot of rounds being shot...

I really like the design of the gun how it fits between a compact and a subcompact but with 10rds or the 12 rd mag...
                1990 325is
                m52b28
                3.73lsd

Comment

So I just shot my first IPSC event today....... man I sucked. I intentionally took my time and was pretty methodical and still sucked. Super fun, and a ton of room for improvement.

I will definitely compete more regularly. It really made me realize how much harder a true use of force situation would be than just shooting at the range.

Comment

Yup, even with clinical, controlled environment added stress (AKA timers and spectators), fundamentals go out the window (I shot IDPA for while). Can't even imagine genuine adrenaline
                    BEERTECH

Comment

one thing I want to do is shoot in a comp.
                      1990 325is
                      m52b28
                      3.73lsd

Comment

Do it! Keep an open mind, pay attention to the safety rules and guys running whatever comp you find, and run what you already have before you go down the game gun rabbit hole.
                        BEERTECH

Comment

I'm hooked on short ARs. Selling my Colt 16" upper now that the Form 1 6920 lower has a nice BCM 11.5 5.56. Moved the Colt bcg to the bcm upper as well.

8.5" 300 blackout on the pistol.

No E30 Club
                          Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Noice!
                            1990 325is
                            m52b28
                            3.73lsd

Comment

Finally got a chance to get a few rounds through my Tac14 and my only gripe is that I wish I could get a stamp for it. The brace is as close as I can get here though.

Comment

I finally got to dial in the 6.5 Grendel mini RECCE that I built over the winter. What an awesome cartridge. Can't wait to go get some hogs with it.

Untitled by acolella76, on Flickr
                                -Alex

Comment

Working...
                                X