No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of reach does the grendel have? Like 7.62x39/300blk out are bout about 300yrd-ish rounds.
    1990 325is
    m52b28
    3.73lsd
    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

I was reliably touching steel at 500m with only a 16" barrel. People with longer barrels are staying supersonic past 1000m. It depends on your intended purpose of the gun I guess. For taking down game I'd say max 600-700m, more if you are just target shooting
      -Alex

Comment

oh wow that's pretty good. how is ammo cost?
        1990 325is
        m52b28
        3.73lsd

Comment

Not horrible! I don't reload so I buy new, a box of Hornady ELD Match is about $20/box Of 20 and the cost is only going to keep going down once more manufacturers pick up on it. But I definitely do want to get into hand loading.
          -Alex

Comment

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
            I finally got to dial in the 6.5 Grendel mini RECCE that I built over the winter. What an awesome cartridge. Can't wait to go get some hogs with it.

Untitled by acolella76, on Flickr
            6.5 grendel really is the best cartridge for the ar. I'm slowly converting all of mine except the 7.5 sbr to 6.5g

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
              What kind of reach does the grendel have? Like 7.62x39/300blk out are bout about 300yrd-ish rounds.
              1000 all day every day. My buddy rings steel at 1k with his 12.5" like its nothing

Comment

oh wow that's pretty good. how is ammo cost?
                Wolf was 500rds for 120 last I checked. It's good for hitting a steel target, if you want to fluff your ego, reload. Ain't nothing wrong with wolf for most days save the expensive stuff for small group show off time

Comment

Went to the local gun show this past weekend. A ton of semi-auto pistols and AR's. Not the variety I was expecting to see. I was hoping to fimd a M39 mosin or maybe score a nice used o/u shotgun. There only a handful of milsurp rifles available, most of which were m1's.
                  Is this pretty typical of most gun shows?

May have to go through GB for the M39, as I have not been able to find one local to me. I also really want a Israeli K98 with the German markings along with the Star of David. That would be a cool piece of history, and an illustration for my kids of not only the past, but also how quickly things can change in this world and to never give up on anything.

Comment

Went to the local gun show this past weekend. A ton of semi-auto pistols and AR's. Not the overall variety I was expecting to see. I was hoping to find a M39 mosin or maybe score a nice used o/u shotgun. There were only a handful of milsurp rifles available, most of which were m1's, a few revolvers here and there, and no shooting sports type of shotguns.
                    Is this pretty typical of most gun shows?

May have to go through GB for the M39, as I have not been able to find one local to me. I also really want a Israeli K98 with the German markings along with the Star of David. That would be a cool piece of history, and an illustration for my kids of not only the past, but also how quickly things can change in this world and to never give up on anything.
                    Last edited by naplesE30; 06-12-2018, 04:35 PM.

Comment

I stopped going to gun shows for one, they are expensive and not much there. Not sure how one finds deals at gun shows...maybe private sellers or something.

Here in Texas, we have private sales. There are some FaceBook groups that allow sells, heavily watched, and then there is MeWe as well.
                      1990 325is
                      m52b28
                      3.73lsd

Comment

I stopped going to gun shows for one, they are expensive and not much there. Not sure how one finds deals at gun shows...maybe private sellers or something.

Here in Texas, we have private sales. There are some FaceBook groups that allow sells, heavily watched, and then there is MeWe as well.
                        Yup. I use armslist a bit. Only issue with armslist is crazy people. I've made a few transactions with great people, but i've alsohad a guy try to buy my AK and start telling all these conspiracy theories about the government and how he wants it to fight. Stopped yhr email chain with that guy quick. Had another one that i'm confident was going to try to rob me. I posted a sp101 WTB ad, he said he had one but wouldn't semd photos. Said it was better to see it in person and wanted to meet at night behind a store. I'm not kidding, lots of nope there.

OTOH, I did a FTF with a Cop and another guy had me bring an AK47 into his office and his boss wanted to check ir out lol.

So yea. Armslist is great but be alert.
                        No E30 Club
                        Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

haha dang man!

I just sold my XD two weeks ago Sunday, here is how that went down.

I posted it on a FaceBook group, you can't post price or say for sale or anything like that. So I just posted the pic and then those interested PM you for details. Kind of sucks as many just ask how much and then nothing after.

Anyways, so this guys ask if I could take $150 less(i had like 800rds in ammo as well) so I was like...OK I'll do it for that price. Then a little bit later he asks for another $50 off. I told him no, I've already come $150 down.

Here's the weird part. So I didn't hear from him about if he agreed to that or not. So I get online and start playing my video game. I missed two messages from him saying he was like an hour out, then 30mins away. The one message I did get was him saying that he was out front of my house....(i was dumb and gave him my address; I usually give them the address of the CVS that is real close to my house....dumb dumb on my part)

Anyway, I go outside, and we make the transaction, he paid cash...all is good....kind of...

So the NEXT DAY, I see the guy posting the gun for sale using the pictures that I just posted...Granted my forsale ad is like 2 posts below his. I call him out on it and then have him banned from the group.

He messaged me saying he thought he was strapped for cash and thought he was gonna need to sell it but now he doesn't need to. Mind you the guy told me how he makes $3k a week doing brick work....OH well, I got my money.
                          1990 325is
                          m52b28
                          3.73lsd

Comment

Why even take part in a facebook group for something like that? Of course you're going to be dealing the dregs of society, it's as bad as craigslist.

IG @turbovarg
                            '91 318is, M20 turbo
                            [CoTM: 4-18]
                            '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                            - updated 3-17

Comment

I've actually had the best luck selling through local car clubs. There is a local Euro forum that I sold several guns through. It made it a lot more comfortable selling to people that you knew or at least were a part of a local group. Plus I ended up meeting a couple of cool Euro shop owners that were big gun guys.

Local gun forums have also been successful, but some of those guys are the tin foil hat types as mentioned previously. I like to get a simple bill of sale (especially for people I don't know personally) even though it isn't required here. I check ID and permit to carry/purchase and then on the BOS just records name, DOB and the serial number of the gun. Normally that isn't an issue at all, but one buyer saw that line and flipped a bitch. He got all hyper aggressive about government lists and how it was bullshit that I was recording a private sale. I told him that it's just one of my requirements as it makes me more comfortable when dealing with people I don't know (especially when they're acting like a loony asshole). The truth is that after his manic mood swing I didn't really want to sell the dude shit. I told him that I was just going to hang on to it for the time being and his disposition changed to a mix of apologetic/sunshine and rainbows. I still walked away from that deal and found out later from another club member that the guy is known for being a moody waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles.

Comment

I will have to set up an Armslist account and give that a try. I really want to hold and see Any used firearm before purchasing it, espc a milsurp to be able to check rifiling condition.

I think I am going to try and polish the sear on my P320 x5. I took apart the fcu last night and removed one spring from the sear. That helped to lighten the pull a little, but it still has a lot of creep. If I muck it up I will just order the grayguns competition kit. I am still undecided on the flat trigger. I am leaning towards a curved one. I think the flat trigger seems to increase the amount of travel.

Also, got the results from last week's pistol competition.....second to last place. Woohoo. Haha.

Comment

Working...
                                X