Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
    Discount Gun Sales carries suppressors in multiple flavors, although I'm not sure if they're a good deal? I'm considering purchasing an HK45 or HK USP to put a suppressor on. I'd also like to get one for one of my AR's and possibly my P22 although I'd prefer to spend the money on suppressing a real caliber.

oh and Farbin, I'd love to have a Benelli M4 Tactical.
    I picked up my P22 from DGS. It was the first pistol I bought. I'm more of a rifle/distance/accuracy type shooter. Regardless, this was before I had my CPL and they forgot to submit my background check for two weeks. I mean it's a three day to a week max affair. I was a little disappointed by this.

http://www.silencerresearch.com/index.htm

^ here is a sweet site where one can hear just about every brand of suppressor in action tested against each other.
    1988SuperETA|Full I component swap|19lb injectors|Schrick 272|MSIIExtraBeta20071020|GM DIS Wasted Spark|LC-1

Comment

Originally posted by E30Eric View Post
      I picked up my P22 from DGS. It was the first pistol I bought. I'm more of a rifle/distance/accuracy type shooter. Regardless, this was before I had my CPL and they forgot to submit my background check for two weeks. I mean it's a three day to a week max affair. I was a little disappointed by this.

http://www.silencerresearch.com/index.htm

^ here is a sweet site where one can hear just about every brand of suppressor in action tested against each other.
      I bought my Walther P22 there as well. I bought the one that came with both barrels in the gray color. I also have a Walther P99 .40cal which I LOVE. I bought that one at DJ's Loan & Sport in Bothell. Its a cool gun/pawn shop. Its basically a pawn shop for guns. They carry tons of new stuff and have a gunsmith in house.

Today I bought:

- Magpul MIAD Grip *Full Kit
      - Magpul Ranger floor plate *Dark Earth 3 pack (I really like them. I used them on the same mags that I put the new GenIII magpul followers in).

I almost purchased an HK USP, Rock Island 1911, HK45, HK P30, and a Spikes Jolly Roger Limited Edition Lower. Unfortunately the Jolly Roger lower is selling for $249 (their normal ones are $179.95), so that would be an additional $50 to transfer it to Discount Gun Store (maybe somewhere is less...they used to charge $35). So that would be $299 for just a lower reciever? Might as well get a POF or something more trick right?

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
      ~ John Adams ~

Comment

I kinda want to build a .50 beowulft... .458 socom is very cool, but ammo is too spendy.
        1988SuperETA|Full I component swap|19lb injectors|Schrick 272|MSIIExtraBeta20071020|GM DIS Wasted Spark|LC-1

Comment

^^^^^^^^

and .50 beowulft isn't
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

I am willing to spend 25 bucks for 20 shots of beowulf. There is currently no off the shelf ammo for .458 socom, so it's an expensive road from there if one does not have all the reloading equipment.

Comment

I'm feeling the purchase of a firearm in the near. Starting out with a .45 handy. I have my sights on the following brands, Sig Sauer, Beretta, and Glock. I'm still doing a bit of research, so any input is welcome.

Cheers,

AJ

Every day I wake up we drink a lot of coffee and watch the CNN
              Every day I wake up to a bowl of clover honey and let the locusts fly in.
              Lobsterbacks attack the town again
              Wrap all my things in aluminum
              Beams of darkness streak across the sky
              Pink rays from the ancient satellite
              Every time I look out my window same three dogs looking back at me.
              Every time I open my windows cranes fly in to terrorize me.

Comment

Originally posted by e30frosh View Post
                I'm feeling the purchase of a firearm in the near. Starting out with a .45 handy. I have my sights on the following brands, Sig Sauer, Beretta, and Glock. I'm still doing a bit of research, so any input is welcome.

Cheers,

AJ

Out of that get the Sig I love mine for me its a toss up between sig and HK (45apc of course) for auto loaders

I shot a buddies Beretta Cougar in .45 a while back, nice trigger nice gun just not a good feel in my hand for me.

I hate Glock, they just feel cheap to me, crappy trigger and I just dont like them. If you must get a plastic gun get a HK
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                  Out of that get the Sig I love mine for me its a toss up between sig and HK (45apc of course) for auto loaders

I shot a buddies Beretta Cougar in .45 a while back, nice trigger nice gun just not a good feel in my hand for me.

I hate Glock, they just feel cheap to me, crappy trigger and I just dont like them. If you must get a plastic gun get a HK
                  Not to sound too queer, but, how big are your hands? I have some gangly mitts.

Every day I wake up we drink a lot of coffee and watch the CNN
                  Every day I wake up to a bowl of clover honey and let the locusts fly in.
                  Lobsterbacks attack the town again
                  Wrap all my things in aluminum
                  Beams of darkness streak across the sky
                  Pink rays from the ancient satellite
                  Every time I look out my window same three dogs looking back at me.
                  Every time I open my windows cranes fly in to terrorize me.

Comment

Originally posted by e30frosh View Post
                    Not to sound too queer, but, how big are your hands? I have some gangly mitts.
                    Little bit bigger than average, I think they are just a touch shy of making the Mitt classification

William Pitt-

Comment

I have a Walther P99 .40 cal that I love. That said I've been drooling over the HK's for years and think I may get one. I'd go HK or Sig.......I love Sig as well. So beautiful.

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                      ~ John Adams ~

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

hehehehehehehe I get to pick my new HK up either this week end or early next week, hes got a suppressor for it too I am considering too Yippie

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

hehehehehehehe I get to pick my new HK up either this week end or early next week, hes got a suppressor for it too I am considering too Yippie
                          More info! Is it a USP? HK45?

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
                            More info! Is it a USP? HK45?
                            USPc Tactical only comes in 45acp.

William Pitt-

Comment

This is what I want; the HK45...the P30 is quite cool as well:

~ John Adams ~

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I like the P2000 in .40 over the P30 but thats just me. The HK 45 I have never laid a hand on one yet just USP's so I have no real opinion, but if it shoots like a USP its a hell of a choice

William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X