No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know much about building them from the ground up, but from what I've heard and read, DPMS is one of the top choices for a lower.

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
    Originally posted by DTM190
    "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by mightywhitey View Post
      I have heard about the bulging issue but havent had any issues with it so far. I do understand that CZ has a great warranty and will replace them if necessary.

Thanks
      bwahaha CZUSA is a bunch of assclowns that I will never ever do business with again. I bought a P07 back in June and it worked great! It fit perfectly in my hand, had a great trigger, looks awesome, super accurate. Then I noticed that the mags wouldn't drop, then the slide wouldn't lock back. I called CZ and after some words with them I sent in my gun and they sent me a new one.

My new gun comes in and is great for a little while, then starts acting weird with the mags again, they only dropped free 1/2 the time. I also notice that the frame has a bulge on the side, and that the plastic is bowing out and has pulled away from the frame. I take my gun to the shop I bought it from for advice. They tell me how great CZ is and how great their customer service is blah blah blah, and tell me to call up CZ and they will ship me another new gun.

So once again I call CZ only to get told that they will not do anything for me. I get some guy answering the phone like I'm interrupting his computer solitaire game. When I mention the frame they say and I quote "pppffft EVERYBODY complains about that but we aren't going to fix it", " When I mention the magazine problem they tell me again they aren't going to do anything and to have a good day.

Feeling pissed off I go ask the shop to help me because I dont want an screwed up 500 dollar gun. It took the store manager calling several different people at CZUSA to get them to agree to exchange the gun. Three weeks later I have yet another new CZ with the same old problems. This time I got the gunshop to trade it in for an ex police Berretta 92 that had never been shot. I have put many rounds through the 92 with 0 problems and it has been a wonderful handgun.

In short does CZ make bad guns, no. I'm sure that there steel guns are wonderful. They have a good polymer 9mm with some problems that would be a good cheap gun, but is inexcusable at the amount of money they ask. Combine that with the treatment I got from their customer service and you have somebody that will never buy from them again.
      1987 325is - sold
      2001 330i - New DD

Comment

Last time I was out at the range, some poor guy was having some serious issues with his Beretta 92 FTE. I told him to see if he was still having issues after 250 rounds to break it in, and if so, to take it to a gunsmith.

I haven't had a single problem with my HK45. I've shot Fiocchi TMJ semi-wadcutters, factory reload Georgia Arms FMJ and Georgia Arms Speer Gold Dot +P's through it (400 of the Fiocchi, 50 of the Gold Dots, and ~200 of the FMJ's) with no problems whatsoever. Thing is accurate as hell and I don't notice the recoil. I love it! Expensive gun, but you get what you pay for.
        Originally posted by george graves
        If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

gun show results

500 .45 acp factory reloads $180

couple of ammo boxes $7/each

spare mags 1911 mags 7 and 10 rounders 7/9 each.
          sigpic

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

is 45 really hard to come by where you are. I have been buying 250 round boxes of NEW 45 for about a 100 bucks.

180 for 500 reloads seems a bit high, but for CA I suppose thats not to bad of price.
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop View Post
              I don't know much about building them from the ground up, but from what I've heard and read, DPMS is one of the top choices for a lower.
              Meh. Top choices would be a pof,Mega,sundevil,noveske. Not in that order.

If you don't want to break the bank on an AR E30S52 check out a stag. Its the best in the 1000 dollar range IMO.
              84 318I Delphin RIP
              87 325IS delphin 24v Sold
              89 325 Alpineweiss

Comment

Originally posted by 416stroker View Post
                Meh. Top choices would be a pof,Mega,sundevil,noveske. Not in that order.

Really.... LMT is the way I would go... I enjoy the POF billet lowers but LMT is about as good as they come. A DI gun should run you just around $900 for the standard M4 A3 rifle.

As for something in 308 Bushmaster has a really nice platform. CMMG is building some really nice lowers in 308. AR10's have been known to be a little bitchy.

My next investment will be a Remington 700 for a reach out and touch someone!
                Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

LMT all the way. On that note my LMT upper should be here this week

She will (finally) be complete:

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

Yeah Lots of guys are shooting F-class 1000 yard comps on smoothed up and slightly modded rem 700 actions, bout as good as you can get.

Oh anyone need FN 5.7x28 ammo. Just found 6000 rounds in stock for $850 for 2k.
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

As soon as i get my current projects 'complete' I too plan on adding a 700 to the stable. I fell in love with the 700LTR a while back and have wanted one with some good glass ever since...

Not mine (compliments of google) but you can't say this isn't sexy:

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

is 45 really hard to come by where you are. I have been buying 250 round boxes of NEW 45 for about a 100 bucks.

180 for 500 reloads seems a bit high, but for CA I suppose thats not to bad of price.

for us it's a decent deal. my buddy gets freebie new loads from the range at work, but for me its a good deal for practice shooting. i usually go to cheaper than dirt but looking there it was about double the price, 250 for $142 (new no name .45 acp bulk loads)

plus it's 65 and sunny out, flip flop weather.
                        sigpic

Comment

OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD

They are really gonna go through with it, they are gonna do it. Its coming out, we can buy one I never thought we would get to.

FN IS going to relase the SCAR17/H Chambered in 7.62x51/.308 1st quarter of 2010

Originally posted by FNH USA web site
                          SCAR 17S
                          Released for 2010 is the highly anticipated SCAR 17S now available for civilian purchase. Chambered in 7.62x51mm NATO (308 Win.) and slightly heavier than the SCAR 16S, this unique carbine offers long-range accuracy, exceptional reliability and match winning versatility.

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                            My next investment will be a Remington 700 for a reach out and touch someone!
                            My 700 is alot more accurate than my AR15 at half the price! Costs a lot less to shoot too.

Comment

Remington 700 is the bee's knees!

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
                              ~ John Adams ~

Comment

My Remington 700 .223 in action.

Comment

Working...
                                X