No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do tell of the results. I'm lookin at my next purchase, something more ideal for CCW, might be a commander 1911 or something else compact.
    <---Goodnight, sweet prince

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.

Originally posted by Brandon12V
    unlikely. too many e46 guys craving Big Fucking Cock

Comment

Originally posted by CreamE30 View Post
      do tell of the results. I'm lookin at my next purchase, something more ideal for CCW, might be a commander 1911 or something else compact.

unless you are a big man, a 1911 is a hard gun for CCW.
      Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I carry a glock 36 right now. Great little gun and packs one hell of punch. If you can in your state get some rbcd ammo .90 gr

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
          There are some manufactures who make "compact" 1911's, if you MUST stick with the 1911 platform. (though I'm sure you know that)
          alexw
          (2) E30 tourings - sold, E30 M3 - sold, 89 325ix sedan, 91 318is slicktop
          Wisconsin Members!- Join WiBimmers.com, Wisconsin's BMW community.

Comment

Oh I got it in within an hour. It wasn't quite drop in, like I suspected. There was some file work needed. The most time consuming part is filing a tiny bit, then test fitting, checking, and disassembling again so many times. I think it took 4 or 5 times test fitting and fine filing. It works perfectly now though so I guess I'm glad I did it myself.

I don't know, I don't think they are all that bad, especially if you are running a proper holster. I'm running it in a shitty galco IWB clip holster right now and not having too many issues. I can't wait for my mtac shell to arrive for it. I only carry mine IWB though so I find it easily concealable in that respect. I could see barrel length being an issue if you carried OWB. As for their dimensions, they are relatively thin and aluminum framed guns aren't too terribly heavy. Printing can occur with the grip but there are ways around that as well such as bobtailed frames, different holster options, and different attire. I really think it comes down to how determined you are to carry it.

Comment

Originally posted by alexw View Post
              There are some manufactures who make "compact" 1911's, if you MUST stick with the 1911 platform. (though I'm sure you know that)

Yeah I do, but I do not consider them a true 1911. 5" or go home! :D

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Yeah I do, but I do not consider them a true 1911. 5" or go home! :D
                Fair enough. ;)

I know a bunch of 1911 guys using MiltSparks Versa Max 2 IWB holsters, or similar holsters who aren't having much trouble with CCW. TT GunLeather makes a good alternative to the months of wait for a MiltSpark holster.
                alexw
                (2) E30 tourings - sold, E30 M3 - sold, 89 325ix sedan, 91 318is slicktop
                Wisconsin Members!- Join WiBimmers.com, Wisconsin's BMW community.

Comment

How rude of me for not sharing pics. I have a couple of before and after shots. Don't hate me for the grips as they came on the gun. I actually kind of like the contrast though. I think I'm going to get a set of VZ gators to throw on it, just don't know what color yet.

Comment

^ very very nice. Bone grips? There is a member over on THR who just posted some pics in the 1911 thread of an officer sized 1911, looks like a phillipines make. It has me thinking.

I've been IWB carrying a mid-sized jericho and well, lets just say that if I do get away with nobody noticing, its because its winter and I get to dress accordingly. I am by no means a "big boy". 5'5'' and 128 pounds.

I'm really lookin for something compact to carry, and I think I'd want it in 9mm. I've looked at the P99 compact, a 1911 officer, maybe a CZ PCR, or what I would really like is a P2000sk ( i can dream right?)

Comment

Not sure about the grips, they don't have any labeling on the back if them. I don't think they are bone and they definitely not real ivory. They look like the hogue cheapo plastic, but might be from another manufacturer.

Look at the Colt Defender and Springfield emp (well technically i think the emp is 1911-like). Both compact 1911s available in 9mm that have gotten good reviews in the quality and reliability department. Those of course are just the compact 1911 platform options available.
                      Last edited by myinfernalbmw; 11-22-2010, 09:03 PM.

Comment

^ I'd love an EMP, but I don't think I'm quite at the point where I can spend 1k on a pistol. Would it be a good investment? Probably. But at this point in time I don't think I could even scrape together that much. A used cold defender however would be nice, but I don't think I'd care to pay for Colt's name. Anybody ever deal with citadel?

Comment

Before buying anything I would definitely try to shoot one first especially if you're going to drop a hefty chunk of change.

Comment

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
                            Before buying anything I would definitely try to shoot one first especially if you're going to drop a hefty chunk of change.
                            A big +1

Comment

Absolutely a given. I've shot a walther p99 fullsize in .40. Not sure I like it, but then again I don't care for the .40 round. I was pretty dead-on as far as a feeling of natural pointing with it though.

Comment

Just going through old pics and found this...

Top:
                                Colt LE6920
                                Eotech 552
                                ARMS #40 BUIS

Bottom:
                                LMT Defender 2000 14.5"
                                LMT SOPMOD Stock
                                AAC Blackout F/H Can-Mount (Pinned-n-Perm'd)
                                Knight's M4 RAS w/ VFG
                                Tango Down Grip

1984 Hennarot 325e - 1990 Brillantrot M3 - 1938 Buick Special Business Coupe

Comment

Working...
                                X