Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
    AWD: MI is kinda a PIA to buy a pistol, you have to get a permission slip (permit to purchase) from your local LEA (law enforcement Agency) fill even more paper work there, take a test and all kinds of shit and then its only good for something like 10 days. (If I was to move back I would have to go do all that shit for a "permit to purchase" for all the hand guns I already own :crazy: its a back door method of registration because if you dont use that permission slip with in the prescribed 10 days you have to give it back to the LEA

Any way yes the PPK is fine choice for a small carry gun, (I am looking at buying one in the next week or 2 myself). Load it out with some good +p and you will have a very capable SD weapon.

MI CCW class is not that hard, its mostly just about how to handle the legal implications of carrying, and what to do if you ever find your self in a situation where you might need it. Last one I took for MI was about 150 bucks. and 2 days of about 6 hours.

Sleeve-
    Yeah from what I've heard buying a handgun in Michigan gives you a few hoops to jump through. I actually live in Oregon at the moment so I have been looking at the laws and requirements here. Do you have a go to place to buy a PPK, online, gun shows, or what? What would be the best holster? What's +p?

Comment

Originally posted by AWDE30 View Post
      Sleeve-
      Yeah from what I've heard buying a handgun in Michigan gives you a few hoops to jump through. I actually live in Oregon at the moment so I have been looking at the laws and requirements here. Do you have a go to place to buy a PPK, online, gun shows, or what? What would be the best holster? What's +p?
      +p is a higher pressure round. I would look at gunbroker.com and budgunshop.com to get a relative idea of what to pay for one. I also strongly recommend comp-tac minotaur or crossbreed supertuck for holsters for IWB carry.

I've actually just started looking at pocket type pistols recently and the ppk is on my short list. I'm also looking at the Sig 238, 232 and s&w 438.

Comment

Originally posted by AWDE30 View Post
        Sleeve-
        Well 1st off when you go back home, you will still have to go though all the hoops when you get back into the state as a full time resident. If you go home for a visit you wont be able to bring it with you unless you have a CCW from there or OR. Are you a legal OR resident currently or do you still have a MI DL and primary residence. If you are the latter and you wish to buy in OR you will still have to jump though all the MI hoops and have to pick up at a FFL of your choice in MI. As federal law states you can only take possession of a hand gun in your home state. In other words if you buy one there in OR you have to have it shipped home and transferred to you there even though you bought and paid for it in OR.

That said. I 1st suggest you go and finger bang a PPK before you commit to one. make sure it fits you hand well and is comfortable to shoot. Find a range that will rent you one if you can before you buy to make sure you like how it shoots in your hand.

Holster well that is a matter of personal preference and how you intend to carry it. We can explore that at a latter date.

I really prefer to buy in person from smaller local gun shops. Yes it may cost a little bit more at times, but normally they are more than willing to answer any questions and customer service is way better after the sale normally. Gun shows are a good way to check out lots of options in one place and see what else may work for you.

+P is a factory hot load. It gives your projectile more ommph, but is harder on the weapon in the long run. +P is not for just plinking and range days. It the over pressure stuff of Self defense and Carry loads, just shoot enough of it to make sure your gun will remain reliable with your chosen SD ammo, and you are comfortable with the extra recoil that comes with it.
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

What is everyone's favorite affordable air gun?
          for pest control and just backyard shooting fun?
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
          1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
          1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
          1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

Teh fuck is this? the ugliest bipod ever conceived by man? Looks like it will get up and walk away when your not looking. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3625.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	7128765

Comment

I really prefer to buy in person from smaller local gun shops. Yes it may cost a little bit more at times, but normally they are more than willing to answer any questions and customer service is way better after the sale normally. Gun shows are a good way to check out lots of options in one place and see what else may work for you.
              I forgot to mention this part. I check around online for the best prices and find local shops that are close or even lower on occasion. My current dealer of choice is a local retiree that runs his business out of his house. A few local shops tend to cater to police and could give two shits about the average joe or someone new to firearms. I have shopped around my area enough to feel comfortable with a select few dealers.

Comment

Originally posted by cjdontthink View Post
                My dad picked up a ruger airhawk from a pawn shop for about 100 bucks. I used it over the summer and racked up about 75 squirrels by the end of july. Its a good, fairly accurate, and cheap rifle.
                <---Goodnight, sweet prince

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.

Originally posted by Brandon12V
                unlikely. too many e46 guys craving Big Fucking Cock

Comment

Originally posted by cjdontthink View Post
                  .22lr or my .22 hornet ;)
                  If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                  The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                  William Pitt-

Comment

The bracket and top cover they make moves the rear sight to the rear of the reciever, giving a longer sight radius as well.
                    I saw that. Watched some reviews on Youtube. Looks very nice.
                    sigpic
                    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

.22lr or my .22 hornet ;)
                      Air rifle silly!
                      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
                      1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
                      1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
                      1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

Finally put some Mepro's on the G23.. oh, and a factory tact. light! ;)

Comment

^ just when I thought Glocks couldn't get any uglier :giggle:

JK, looks like a nice set up. I'm getting a Streamlight TLR-1 for my Jericho soon. Won't be pretty.
                          <---Goodnight, sweet prince

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.

Originally posted by Brandon12V
                          unlikely. too many e46 guys craving Big Fucking Cock

Comment

Got to play with a LMT .308 today. Will prolly be handing over a wad of cash in the next week or so for a brand new one.

William Pitt-

Comment

Bought my first gun just before xmas last year. Sig 250c in .40 s&w. Kinda like this:

I've got ~800 rounds through it so far and like it, but will probably get a full size grip and convert it to 9mm for better accuracy/cheaper rounds. It's just for recreation.

Comment

hmm, after some analysis, the majority of r3v handgun owners seem to prefer compact and sub compact hand guns over full size pistols.

Comment

Working...
                                X