No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a light for my M&P9 from my brother as a birthday gift last month. Took it to the range yesterday and the takedown lever broke :( I've never heard of this happening to these. Have to call S&W today.

1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
    1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
    bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

Damn, they'll definitely take care of it but that sucks. I have to ask, were you forcing it?

Comment

I don't mean this comment with any disrespect, but just because you've served, doesn't make you a good person. I have nothing but the utmost respect for those who have served for their country, but I've met plenty of guys that are complete fuckwits.

But back to the gun thread. I don't like seeing that m&p. I don't recall seeing that as a common issue either. S&W has a good customer service department though and it should get taken care of rather quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
          I don't mean this comment with any disrespect, but just because you've served, doesn't make you a good person. I have nothing but the utmost respect for those who have served for their country, but I've met plenty of guys that are complete fuckwits.
          You could not have said it any better my friend.

I would like to add on that just cause you served does not make you better than a civilian, or any who chooses not to serve. I have come across way too many peiple that bag on civilians and call them trash, and most of the time its the college/high school nobody's who didn't have the grades to get into a state school so they turned to the military.

Comment

Yeah I have never heard of that problem with the m&p. They will take care of it for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
            CCW- when every second counts... The police are just minutes away!

Comment

Except for that horrendous trigger...

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
              i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
              Originally posted by slammin.e28
              Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Originally posted by accident View Post
                Except for that horrendous trigger...
                If you think the M&P has a horrendous trigger, you haven't shot enough handguns. Out of the box there is a little "grit" in the take up, it's the firing pin block plunger. Takes about 100 rounds for it to smooth out, after that it's good, not great, but good. Better than your spongy Glock trigger. :D

Comment

1911 trigger FTW
                  -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                  08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                  318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                  '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                  Originally posted by roguetoaster
                  Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

The M&P does have a bit of grit. The new models are worlds better and they actually added a reset. However there are great after market triggers that clean it up nicely.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
                    CCW- when every second counts... The police are just minutes away!

Comment

Originally posted by ParsedOut View Post
                      Damn, they'll definitely take care of it but that sucks. I have to ask, were you forcing it?
                      no it happened while being fired.

Trigger feel is fine on newer M&P's after its been broken in. Nice crisp reset. However, I'm still considering upgrading to the Apex trigger just to try it out.
                      1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
                      1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
                      bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by AwakenNoMore View Post
                        no it happened while being fired.

Trigger feel is fine on newer M&P's after its been broken in. Nice crisp reset. However, I'm still considering upgrading to the Apex trigger just to try it out.
                        +1 Apex is on my list of future purchases

Comment

Originally posted by ParsedOut View Post
                          Better than your spongy Glock trigger. :D
                          Pffffft, ain't no sponge in THIS trigger :p

Moral of this story?

Comment

Picked up a Taurus PT1911AR to play with. Was able to get it for $325. Someone had attempted to polish the slide with a stone bit on a dremmel it appeared, so I have buddy of mine do a mirror polish on just the side faces to try and hide the shoddy work somewhat.

It turned out pretty good. I haven't shot it much. But I found a guy making custom grips from home and selling them on ETSY so I picked up some that I thought complimented the gun well. They are a bit silly I know, but I like them.

sigpic

Comment

Helluva deal for $325.
                              IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

^ what he said. I want a 1911 so bad but I really think it'd end up staying cased quite a bit since IMO they're too big to conceal carry.

Moral of this story?

Comment

Working...
                                X