No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if anyone is in the market to buy a few gun related things during black Friday, but PSA has some really good deals going on right now.

I know many of you like the USP Tactical 45... check this out.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...04501t-a5.html

$200 mail in rebate

http://hk-usa.com/wp-content/uploads...-COUPON-CC.jpg

Boom, USP Tactical 45 for $799 plus shipping and transfer.

Also PSA has their 308 AR15 for $700 (complete gun) Expect the shipping delays but some very good deals going for Black Friday.

anyone see anything else worth reporting?
    Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I have been eyeing that rebate! Great prices!!
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I've been doing some research on the Walther PPS and came to a conclusion that .40 might be a bit too snappy for a gun as small as the PPS.

I made a call and had the order changed from .40 to 9mm in an effort to fix this potential recoil issue.

I hate the internet. You think you made the right choice, then there are a million armchair gun professionals that tell you otherwise.
        world renown Harry Potter expert
        sigpic

Comment

Let me know how the 9mm works out for you.
          Originally posted by IRON-E
          Yeah, you're definitely a vw

Comment

Just picked this up last week, complimentary gang sign included

Only put 120 rounds through it so far. Pretty awkward to shoot currently as it's still set up for a rightie (I'm a leftie. I'd just buy the left hand bolt but Tavor no longer sells them, gotta send it in to the factory to do the conversion). Tried shooting from my left for the first couple shots and ended up with a face full of exhaust and a hot shell down my shirt. Still though, damn accurate out of the box at 25 yards.

Must've been very cringe worthy watching me picking it up & getting ready with my right hand though... felt like it was my first time handling a gun. Impressively enough though, I was still able to get a 6-8" grouping at 25 yards with my offhand. The sights are almost dead on out of the box.

Also, people aren't exaggerating on the reviews when they say you can easily keep this thing trained with just one hand and do something with the other (i.e. open a door, hold a flashlight, ect). Like I'm out of shape to the point where lifting a 20lb dumbbell wears me out after like 5-6 reps and I could hold this sucker up one handed for like 5 minutes. Very disproportionately light in the front, almost to the point where you'd think it'd affect accuracy and recoil, but it doesn't.

Only real bad thing I have to say about it is the price and how they don't let you buy the left handed bolt yourself anymore. They're supposed to be coming out with a 300BLK barrel soon though, so I guess that makes up for it :)

Comment

I wish I could afford ammo. I've got the itch. :(

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
              i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
              Originally posted by slammin.e28
              Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

9, 40 and 45 with modern ammo today, are all about the same in terms of ballistics.

You did fine.
                1990 325is
                m52b28
                3.73lsd
                g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Start reloading, if you've got time to do it & can find equipment at a decent price you can slash the cost of ammo down to 30% or less. Obviously gonna take a while to pay off the startup cost of the machine but it'll pay off after time

Comment

$5.99 30 round USGI mags this Friday.

Buy cheap and stack deep!

a lot of other mags 50% off...

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...2&cat=4423&p=1
                    Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Comment

Question for the group. In the process of getting me firearm ID with 2 permits. I want something to keep at home on separate floors just in case. What would you recommend i buy? I was thinking shotgun and 9mm. But im curious to hear other alternatives. Thanks

Comment

Remington 870 tactical and a Springfield xd9 or 40. I have the xd40 and love it, and a remington 870 Wingmaster for shits and giggles.
                        Originally posted by IRON-E
                        Yeah, you're definitely a vw

Comment

I'll have to look into those

Comment

Plus one for a shotty for home defense(HD) and a pistol
                            1990 325is
                            m52b28
                            3.73lsd
                            g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

I'd recommend going to a range that does rentals and rent (shoot!) all the pistols you can get your hands on. Seriously, you won't know what you like best from holding it in a gun shop.

If the pistol will probably never leave the house a bigger and heavier one has no downsides really. A longer sight radius (longer barrel) and more weight will make it easier to aim and have less felt recoil/muzzle flip. There are tons of good high quality pistols in 9/40 and 45.

Can't really go wrong with an 870 or Mossberg 500 for HD. Don't overlook some of the semi auto shotguns like the mossberg 930 either though...
                              -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                              08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                              318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                              '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                              Originally posted by roguetoaster
                              Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by jalopi View Post
                                Just picked this up last week, complimentary gang sign included

Only put 120 rounds through it so far. Pretty awkward to shoot currently as it's still set up for a rightie (I'm a leftie. I'd just buy the left hand bolt but Tavor no longer sells them, gotta send it in to the factory to do the conversion). Tried shooting from my left for the first couple shots and ended up with a face full of exhaust and a hot shell down my shirt. Still though, damn accurate out of the box at 25 yards.

Must've been very cringe worthy watching me picking it up & getting ready with my right hand though... felt like it was my first time handling a gun. Impressively enough though, I was still able to get a 6-8" grouping at 25 yards with my offhand. The sights are almost dead on out of the box.

Also, people aren't exaggerating on the reviews when they say you can easily keep this thing trained with just one hand and do something with the other (i.e. open a door, hold a flashlight, ect). Like I'm out of shape to the point where lifting a 20lb dumbbell wears me out after like 5-6 reps and I could hold this sucker up one handed for like 5 minutes. Very disproportionately light in the front, almost to the point where you'd think it'd affect accuracy and recoil, but it doesn't.

Only real bad thing I have to say about it is the price and how they don't let you buy the left handed bolt yourself anymore. They're supposed to be coming out with a 300BLK barrel soon though, so I guess that makes up for it :)
                                Where can I buy one of these?

I think I want one now.

Edit: Nevermind, I found it. Put an order in. Going to have to convert to left hand as well.
                                world renown Harry Potter expert
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X