No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to go check out some moist nuggets today. Hopefully getting a hex receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTacoMan View Post
      Going to go check out some moist nuggets today. Hopefully getting a hex receiver.
      Take a good look down the barrel and at the muzzle. Make sure the bolt opens and locks up SMOOTH.

Rough triggers can be worked on with a good flat block and fine sandpaper but stiff bolts are harder...
      -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
      08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
      318iS, slow build/garage queen...
      '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
      Originally posted by roguetoaster
      Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

NO NO NO

You want the one with a VKT stamp on the receiver. Those are the Finish accurized ones that were redone by Sako. Yes finding one with a smooth bolt lock up is nice but then again if it does not take the assistance of a 3 foot long 2x4 to work the action then its not really a Mosin is it???
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

Too bad your way out in AZ im going to be putting my 1925 Izhvesk hex and 2,200rnds of 54R russian 147 for sale later this month when i go home on leave for holidays.

Comment

Ended up getting a round receiver, 1937 Russian Izhevsk variant I believe. Took a good look over about 30 of them, found the one with the best action and trigger, no rust, all matching serial #s, stock is good condition, 90% of the cosmoline cleaned out, and the bore appears good from a bore light. Should be a decent starting point, they had zero finnish/hex receivers.

Comment

Yeah the Finns and the VKT or even the more common Sako varraints are getting a little harder to come by, and the VKT's that used to be 15 bucks more are now about 2-300 more and run about 399 when you can find them. BUT they are the best of the breed, and more fun to shoot than my AR a lot of the time
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

some of you guys are crafty with your hands and also being a gun person this might spark some interest.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_20/43...__.html&page=1
                Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Wish I didn't live in one of the small handful of states that outlaw suppressors. Thats awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                    some of you guys are crafty with your hands and also being a gun person this might spark some interest.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_20/43...__.html&page=1
                    If I had an A/r I would love to try this.

Comment

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
                      Wish I didn't live in one of the small handful of states that outlaw suppressors. Thats awesome.
                      I don't understand why suppressors would be outlawed anywhere. I am former military and shoot on ranges a lot. It is an absolute pleasure when the guy next to you is also using a suppressor shooting a .30 caliber rifle lol. And I know those states are thinking they will keep bad guys down, but bad guys that want a suppressor, guess what? no law is going to stop them anyway.
                      sigpic87 325E The Honey Badger

Comment

If I had an A/r I would love to try this.

Not just AR's there are adapters now for AK's and FALs.

edit: just looked you can direct thread, if you know your thread pitch. Im looking into Efiling this weekend a 308 build for the savage.
                        Last edited by Vedubin01; 12-06-2014, 12:46 PM.
                        Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullhead View Post
                          I don't understand why suppressors would be outlawed anywhere. I am former military and shoot on ranges a lot. It is an absolute pleasure when the guy next to you is also using a suppressor shooting a .30 caliber rifle lol. And I know those states are thinking they will keep bad guys down, but bad guys that want a suppressor, guess what? no law is going to stop them anyway.
                          I've heard MN's biggest opponents to suppressor legalization have historically been the DNR. They believe that they would cause an influx of poaching. Add a dash of that with the media/anti opinions of them and it's a recipe for fucked Minnesotan gun owners.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullhead View Post
                            I don't understand why suppressors would be outlawed anywhere. I am former military and shoot on ranges a lot. It is an absolute pleasure when the guy next to you is also using a suppressor shooting a .30 caliber rifle lol. And I know those states are thinking they will keep bad guys down, but bad guys that want a suppressor, guess what? no state line is going to stop them anyway.
                            Fixed :)

They are illegal in CA but not bordering states.
                            Originally posted by IRON-E
                            Yeah, you're definitely a vw

Comment

Love living in AZ! Once this guy picks up my lower my paperwork goes out for a Saker 762!

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                                NO NO NO

You want the one with a VKT stamp on the receiver. Those are the Finish accurized ones that were redone by Sako. Yes finding one with a smooth bolt lock up is nice but then again if it does not take the assistance of a 3 foot long 2x4 to work the action then its not really a Mosin is it???
                                Can't argue with mrsleeve man. Try this next time you shoot, make sure you use the center flat portion on your finger to fire the trigger (not the tip of your finger like everyone says) breathe very slowly (in through nose and out though mouth). Get a solid point to shoot that is comfortable. After you get your sight picture let out your breath completely and hold it which will leave a you solid point to shoot where your rifle isn't going in a sideways figure 8. At about 2.5-3 seconds creep the trigger back and let it surprise you. In your spare time safely aim your rifle at something (make sure its unloaded and don't aim at anyone, sorry to dumb it down, but people have fucked it up) and slowly creep your trigger until it fires to practice. I would give you more but you're not ready for it yet. M4's have about an 8 pound trigger and have tons of creep and I have never shot below expert on the range with irons (37-40 out of 40) So don't be blaming it on the trigger. Bullhead have you heard an M110 with a surefire suppressor? It's orgasmic lol.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by BLACKCHARM88; 12-06-2014, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X