No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.458 Socom is awesome, but it's just so damn expensive. .300aac gets the job done well enough, and it's cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by flyboyx
    how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
    Originally posted by Northern
    beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
    Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
    Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
    '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
    Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Originally posted by gart View Post

.458 Socom is badass, but really expensive. .300aac get the job done well enough and it's cheaper.

Exodus, for home defense, I'd prefer to have my 1911 than an AR.

how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?

Comment

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
        .458 Socom is badass, but really expensive. .300aac get the job done well enough and it's cheaper.

True!! If I didn't reload I probably would never shoot it. I'm under $2 a round reloading them. Nobody understands why I get pissed when I loose a piece of brass.
        89 325 cabrio in progress m52tub28 swap
        99 540it
        86 Volvo 240 wagon
        99 Cherokee
        13 Passat

Comment

Originally posted by gart View Post
          True!! If I didn't reload I probably would never shoot it. I'm under $2 a round reloading them. Nobody understands why I get pissed when I loose a piece of brass.

Yea we are just now starting to reload blackout ammo, we've made custom hunting load for all our rifles (.243, .260, .270, 7mm-08, 30-06 and 35 Rem) but have yet to make a custom load for the AR rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
            Agreed, wasn't necessary stating an opinion, just a consideration of either round's ability to stop a human.

Personally, for me, HD is a G17 with night sights. I have kids now, so my "night stand" gun has to fit into a secure box. Night stand being used loosly, because it's well out of reach of little fingers as well. My house isn't large enough to justify the use of a carbine lol. A bunch of fast moving peas will do the job just fine.
            No E30 Club
            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
              Agreed, wasn't necessary stating an opinion, just a consideration of either round's ability to stop a human.

Personally, for me, HD is a G17 with night sights. I have kids now, so my "night stand" gun has to fit into a secure box. Night stand being used loosly, because it's well out of reach of little fingers as well. My house isn't large enough to justify the use of a carbine lol. A bunch of fast moving peas will do the job just fine.

I would much rather "clear" my house with something like a 1911 or a smaller LC9s than an AR. My house has a lot
              of tight corners and hallways aside from the center area.

I want to get an LC9s for car carry. My dad got my sister one for her 21st birthday, it's a sweet shooting gun.

Comment

I've got the original lc9 with crimson trace. Picked it up very cheap 2 years ago for my wife to shoot at the range. (No interest in carrying, but I thought this would spark one)

Funny thing is that I carry that more than anything else in my safe. Toss an extra mag in my pocket and I'll take it anywhere. It's been 100% reliable, and with the pinky tab its not unpleasant to shoot.

Now we're heading into winter and heavier clothes my Mod.2 .45 will probably see some more daylight. It just doesn't conceal under a t-shit like the lc9.

Old photo from when I first picked up the Ruger.
                Last edited by Exodus_2pt0; 12-09-2015, 10:11 AM.
                No E30 Club
                Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I want a LC9s Pro!
                  1990 325is
                  m52b28
                  3.73lsd
                  g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                    I've got the original lc9 with crimson trace. Picked it up very cheap 2 years ago for my wife to shoot at the range. (No interest in carrying)

Funny thing is that I carry that thing more
                    Hey if you have the LC9 you can trade it into Ruger and they will make it a LC9s, free.

The trigger is soo much better.

edit:

edit2:
                    Ok so it's not what I thought I had heard...my bad
                    1990 325is
                    m52b28
                    3.73lsd

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                      Hey if you have the LC9 you can trade it into Ruger and they will make it a LC9s, free.

The trigger is soo much better.

edit:

edit2:
                      Ok so it's not what I thought I had heard...my bad

Still not a bad deal

Comment

Yeah not bad at all considering the gun was around the $300 mark new.
                        1990 325is
                        m52b28
                        3.73lsd

Comment

For most H/D situations I prefer this, FNH SLP 18" Loaded down with 8 or 9 3" 00 Federals. (I have a Low pro red dot on it now, Vortex Razor)

PC261277 by mrsleeve, on Flickr

Though there are "other" options staged in various places around the house as well
                          Originally posted by Fusion
                          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                          William Pitt-

Comment

Sleeve,

That thing is so sexy!

Just EFiled a form1 for a SBR and thinking of another Form 1 suppressor. Figured minus well get in though the trust route before the ATF 41p changes things. Anyone have any forms summited recently and know wait times?
                            Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
                              Sleeve,

That thing is so sexy!

Just EFiled a form1 for a SBR and thinking of another Form 1 suppressor. Figured minus well get in though the trust route before the ATF 41p changes things. Anyone have any forms summited recently and know wait times?
                              There are some good NFA groups on FaceBook. NFA Guns and Form 1...something or other.
                              1990 325is
                              m52b28
                              3.73lsd

Comment

Any backyard plinkers out here? Been playing around with my air rifles for a couple days. It's a ton of fun shooting pennies and toy green army men at 20 yards. On top of that I've been teaching the my siblings how to aim properly and ammo is dirt cheap. I think it's a great way to stay sharp and all I have to do is walk out my backyard.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                                DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Working...
                                X