looking good man!
    1990 325is
    m52b28
    3.73lsd
    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
      ATTN: Sleeve

I'm thinking about picking up a hand cannon. I know you mentioned before that the .500 is not the go to round. Was it the .454 casul you recommended? Just curious.
      Yeah as mentioned the 500 is a good round but the cambering is not very versatile as mentioned you have LC Casull and the 460...... giving you lots of options in what you might be wanting to do with it.

I like the 5inch its what I carry in bear country, but its is a big heavy hog leg, and you know its there, and it will limit you in how you can carry and you will need a GOOD BELT and holster for it. They are compensated and if my wife can shoot a 460 well almost anyone can with a little bit of coaching and with the comparator the recoil is not all that bad. there is a shorter 3.5" verity with a lot weight built into the frame to tame the recoil but that may not be the best thing if you plan on letting others shoot it very often

The 500 packs a little more energy, but the 460 is a very close match.... but the chambering choices you have available to you is the main reason to go with the 460, the 500 is just for braging rights. If you do want a small compact hand canon the Ruger Alaskan in 454 is not a bad choice either though the pricing difference is only a couple of hundred bucks

Only decent shot of mine
      5" in a Galco X frame on a filson Double belt I am 6'1" and about 210 dog is a 70 huskamute for size reference Its a BIG gun, but I have BIG bears about

looking by mrsleeve, on Flickr
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Have you considered the Colt Anaconda .44 magnum?
        It's a big gun, ammo is super easy to find, and it gets anyone and everything's attention when fired. Plus its not all that heavy.
        i'lldoitforacaravan

Comment

Long time no speak guys, life has been crazy.

Couple pics of my ccw gear.

Still awaiting licenses on my other firearms: M&P 15 Sport, Mossberg Maverick, Sig Sp2022, Lithgow Slazenger 22b bolt action .22, CZ 75 pre-b, and beretta mod.70

Now if on,y I could find a way to get me an Apex AEK trigger,and spring kit... They don't ship to my part of the world :/

Comment

nice guns!
            1990 325is
            m52b28
            3.73lsd

Comment

i didn't even know they let people have guns in SA, so i did some reading on the laws

1. holy crap, so many different types of licenses

2. it's interesting that the SA government has enough sense to tell that if a person can pass a background check to possess a handgun they should be able to conceal carry it as well, yet good ol' murica refuses to see that logic

Comment

What about suppressors in SA?
                1990 325is
                m52b28
                3.73lsd

Comment

don't think i saw anything about that, so i'm gonna assume they based their laws off of hollywood dynamics like the geniuses at the ATF did

case in point: i can't bring my tavor into canada with 30 round clips (must be 5 round) but a suppressor? no problem, bring it on in. eh

Comment

Lol I was watching a video of a suppresser on 556 and it was hilarious how it echoed... Yup, latest technology, still freaking loud enough to echo. I hate how Hollywood screws with public sentiment with 30rd mags that last 10mins and suppressers that are too quiet.

Free the suppressor!
                    -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                    08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                    318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                    '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                    Originally posted by roguetoaster
                    Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

well in all fairness, the 5.56 really doesn't suppress worth two shits, apparently it's because making the round subsonic practically makes it worthless

blame the liberal media for transforming all of us into hitmen/assassins for wanting to shoot without earmuffs on

Comment

556 at sub sonic is great for being in close up, ffs a sub sonic 308 is only going to be effectvie outvabout 200yd.

That ecco you hear is bullet breaking the sound barrier, a can will do nothing for that, but it does all but eliminate muzzle flash and muzzle report making it much harder to figure out where the shot came from. Also reduces felt recoil and makes most rifles much easier on the senses to shoot
                        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                        William Pitt-

Comment

don't most rifles have a lot of trouble cycling subsonic 556 though?

Comment

Depends on the gas block and buffer mostly, and why ypu mave to tune a little bit. But a good high quality ar really should not have too many issues as far as I know. Ask vdub this I'd more his forte

William Pitt-

Comment

It would probably be more effective to use a round such as 300blk for subs than 556 as you can use heavier bullets at that point, a 55 or even 77 gr at 1k fps is much less energy than a 180+ gr at 1k fps.

I guess downloading 308 to subsonic has problems of it's own with inconsistent burn of the powder as the case is huge when downloaded. Where something like 300blk has the case sized more or less properly for a sub.

But none of that is firsthand knowledge so
                              -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                              08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                              318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                              '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                              Originally posted by roguetoaster
                              Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by jalopi View Post
                                don't most rifles have a lot of trouble cycling subsonic 556 though?
                                Most ARs (I have never seen one that can) have issues with subsonic 5.56. DI or Piston. Just not enough ump to get that bolt back. That is one of the selling points of the 300blk.
                                Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                                X