No announcement yet.

Gun Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you download the short mag to regular 270 win velocities? Might be cheaper than buying another gun, unless you're like me and want another gun just because.
    -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
    08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
    318iS, slow build/garage queen...
    '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
    Originally posted by roguetoaster
    Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
      unless you're like me and want another gun just because.
      The guys at work always ask me "What do you need THAT for?" When I aqcuire a new toy.

My answer?

"Because 'Merica"
      No E30 Club
      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
        Can you download the short mag to regular 270 win velocities? Might be cheaper than buying another gun, unless you're like me and want another gun just because.

Nope. I just want another gun too haha. Might trade .270 in or keep it for bigger game. Its got the mustard to take on an Elk thats for sure.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
          White tail deer. It makes a clean entrance but a hell of a hole on the exit side like worse then 30/06.
          Might want to consider changing your projectile design before you look into powder charges and what not... Something that is desinged to open slowly or maybe just a good ol Ball round or HP/BT only not a rapid expanding max damage "hunting" round
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
            Might want to consider changing your projectile design
            The problem is the .270 short mag is such a odd ball round that only Winchester and another brand make ammo and its only one type of ballistic and its for maximum damage and lemme tell you they work haha. At least in stores you can only buy 1 type. I do 95% percent of my shopping at Cabela's.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Ummm Federal makes a Plethora of choices in WSM its a very popular round. I think you can get federal premium ammo in a sold point boat tail Vs the many choices with polymer tips to aid in rapid expansion
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                Ummm Federal makes a Plethora of choices in WSM its a very popular round. I think you can get federal premium ammo in a sold point boat tail Vs the many choices with polymer tips to aid in rapid expansion
                I'll see if I can find some. It's hard to find WSM here so I got what I got. I had to have them order me in some couple years ago.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Talk me out of a Geissele S3G for my soon to be NFA lower. Or similar. I need a trigger anyway for my pistol lower, so I'm thinking throw a very nice, fast and accurate trigger into my Colt, and put the Colt trigger into the new lower.

Or, since the Colt lower will now be a SBR, get the high end trigger for the new lower and throw the 16" barrel onto that. Although from what I've read it sounds like once I use a nice trigger they will end up in all my lowers.
                  No E30 Club
                  Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

CMC makes great triggers
                    1990 325is
                    m52b28
                    3.73lsd
                    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Upper, BCG, and charging handles came in! (Accidentally ordered 2 handles, oh well.)

I'm impressed so far. Really impressed with the Spikes BCG. My only concern is no matter how hard I look, I don't see any evidence of the HPT. Is it wrong to expect some signs from a round being fired? I'm not going to get hung up on it, just seems odd.

That said, one nice thing about having a Colt is that it's a good reference. The staking on the Spikes carrier looks good to me, not quite as extreme as the Colt, but we'll into contact with the bolt heads.

Colt bottom:

Took it apart, everything appears GTG with it. Clocked the rings a little bit more to my preference, but It wasn't necessary.

So the upperr is set, I'm going to see if my LGS will check the headspacing for me when they transfer my lower. Already had the rear buis from the Colt, so I bought a front to throw on. Now I wait for the lower parts to come in and make it a pistol! I ordered magpul OD green furniture, and OD ladder covers for the rail, kind of wishing I had stuck with black now.

No E30 Club

Comment

You're making me want to get another lower and sbr it... Dang it
                        -Christian

Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Just wait until the trigger comes in. I kind of went all out and ordered a Geissele SD-E....
                          No E30 Club

Comment

Picked up a small ball peen hammer, small strap wrench, and a set of roll pin punches and regular punches. Can't wait for the rest of these parts to come in. Then I absolutely need to get to the range.

I will now own 3 guns that I have yet to fire.

Xd .45 mod. 2
                            G17 I got on a trade a while back
                            And now the 300 blk pistol.

I know, shame shame.

Good news is a friend of mine reloads. If I buy the parts to reload 300black, his table is available to me whenever. So, I need to burn up some of my 5.56 stash so I can get the ball rolling on the new caliber in the safe.
                            No E30 Club

Comment

Waaaaaaaaaaa? How do you have 3 guns you haven't shot?!?? I can't contain myself for an hour delay in shooting anything new hahaha must shoot it asap as soon as its in my possession haha
                              -Christian

Comment

I know, problem is that the NRA HQ range used to be 10 minutes from home, so I would stop in after work every Friday.

No I've moved and haven't found a suitable replacement. :-(
                                No E30 Club

Comment

Working...
                                X